Welcome To aBlackWeb

Megan Thee Stallion is taking ownership of the words "thot" and "hoe"

i really believe that a lot of yall are either fucking stupid or willfully obtuse. just like some Black people denounce the word “nigga” there are women that will denounce the word “thot” and/or “hoe”

and tbh your daughters will probably be called a hoe before they even know what sex is because society, so maybe focus on empowering your daughters instead of worrying about dumbass terms that have no bearing on ones value
This really is not complicated.

Two simple questions:

1. Do you accept yourself or any woman or girl being called a hoe or thot?
2. If the answer is no, why would you intentionally or unintentionally encourage any woman or girl to accept such terminology?

Yea but normalizing calling females hoes just increases the chance of “our daughters” being called hoes and it being ok, why would u want that?

where was y’all when niggas said bitches ain’t shot but hoes and tricks? Y’all was cool with this before now women say it and it’s outrage. White people shit

This really is not complicated.

Two simple questions:

1. Do you accept yourself or any woman or girl being called a hoe or thot?
2. If the answer is no, why would you intentionally or unintentionally encourage any woman or girl to accept such terminology?

She dumb as fuck. That’s why.

I saw someone compare this to when black people say they are taking ownership of the N word. No, it's different for one very big reason. Black people wanted take ownership of the word by redefining its meaning and then using it internally as something positive. She's not doing that. She's just saying "Hey you want to call me a hoe? Ok, I am one. So what?"

I guess she's embracing who she is and that's fine, but let's not act like she's making some big statement to lift black women up.
Is it just black women or all women... because strumpets come in all shapes colors and ethnicities

That’s like fiend…or opp, it removes the humanity of a person and makes it easier to victimize people and everyone is ok with it cause the person was a fiend or an opp. We can’t be ok with accepting negative connotations of ourselves…what the fuck

what are you talking about? are people walking around calling themselves “crackheads” or “opps”

im confused by that comparison

And that’s the way shits supposed to go..women can’t be out her accepting the shame men put on them like it’s a badge of honor..that shit is not cool

this is bullshit. this is such bullshit because the onus should be put on men to stop using these terms not on women who wish to reclaim them.

reclaimation only occurs when a dominate group uses certain terms to harm a marginalized group.

And that’s the way shits supposed to go..women can’t be out her accepting the shame men put on them like it’s a badge of honor..that shit is not cool

but how we gonna check their reaction to what we been calling them for 30 years. If a chick is under 35 she has heard all this shit from men. So instead of checking ourselves we gotta check them? Is that not weak to you?

Everyday I feel like y’all niggas look for dumb shit to be mad about. She a rapper man and we gotta stop giving rappers so much influence. They say dumb shit and here we go trying to dissect it. Saw this shit with Wayne with Hov and others. Realize these ain’t the folks we need to listen too outside of music
Black community is impressionable, would you agree?

Like we reclaimed nigga but are we more mad when we say it or white folks?

are women more mad when they say bitch or ho vs when we say it?

where was y’all when niggas said bitches ain’t shot but hoes and tricks? Y’all was cool with this before now women say it and it’s outrage. White people shit
Do you have any idea who Cynthia Delores Tucker is?

Do you know who Louis Farrakhan is?

The fight has been raging for decades. I'm not about to sit here and let you act like people haven't been fighting against anti-black propaganda disguised as entertainment since before either of us were born.

what are you talking about? are people walking around calling themselves “crackheads” or “opps”

im confused by that comparison
mind you..how crazy this is..

this same woman got shot and people didn’t care cause people deemed her a hoe

she cried and said no one is protecting black women..

then months later she comes out and reenforces why nobody cared when she was victimized..

Wh…..WHAT?!!…lol

Back