Welcome To aBlackWeb

Megan Thee Stallion is taking ownership of the words "thot" and "hoe"

Ain't none of us trying to hear our daughters calling themselves thot's and ho's, this broad an idiot and people cosigning her are idiots as well

man yall ain’t say shit the past 40 years when we using nigga so freely many parents call their sons lil niggas but y’all quiet as hell. Picking and choosing when to be outraged like Twitter folks

That there are words/phrases that only really work one way when used as insults....a woman calling a man a ho/thot dont mean shit but it's near flawless when used the other way around....but if the person on the receiving end of the insult gives an "ok...and?" type of response, the offender doesn't have that thing to hold over them.

I'm just reading into what I think meg meant by the tweet. Haven't heard the song or watched the video and don't really care to *shrug*
Well that cant really work in this case because in sex , predominantly a man is the lead in the act. He is the giver and the woman is the taker, the man is the asker and the woman is the allower. So a woman is allowing a man to treat her like a Thot or hoe. So it’s like saying ok, I’m ok with men treating me dismissively or like a commodity now what? That doesn’t take power away from the word, that further enforces why you’re treated dismissively. There’s nothing positive at all in anyway about being a hoe or thot for a woman. That’s nothing to claim, a good comparison isn’t nigger, a better comparison is a hoe ass nigga. A nigga might be fine with you calling him a hoe, but you’d get punch in the face for calling him a hoe as nigga, cause both hoe..and hoe as nigga assumes the recipient is a victim

i really believe that a lot of yall are either fucking stupid or willfully obtuse. just like some Black people denounce the word “nigga” there are women that will denounce the word “thot” and/or “hoe”

and tbh your daughters will probably be called a hoe before they even know what sex is because society, so maybe focus on empowering your daughters instead of worrying about dumbass terms that have no bearing on ones value

i really believe that a lot of yall are either fucking stupid or willfully obtuse. just like some Black people denounce the word “nigga” there are women that will denounce the word “thot” and/or “hoe”

and tbh your daughters will probably be called a hoe before they even know what sex is because society, so maybe focus on empowering your daughters instead of worrying about dumbass terms that have no bearing on ones value
Yea but normalizing calling females hoes just increases the chance of “our daughters” being called hoes and it being ok, why would u want that?

Being called a hoe and being a hoe is two different things. Makes no sense to compare them.

man yall ain’t say shit the past 40 years when we using nigga so freely many parents call their sons lil niggas but y’all quiet as hell. Picking and choosing when to be outraged like Twitter folks
The old heads before us should have stopped that shit but they didn't so blame them

That’s like fiend…or opp, it removes the humanity of a person and makes it easier to victimize people and everyone is ok with it cause the person was a fiend or an opp. We can’t be ok with accepting negative connotations of ourselves…what the fuck

Back