Welcome To aBlackWeb

Megan Thee Stallion fails to listen to industry rule number 4,080

niggas still think hov and diddy are good “businessmen”

exploitation to them = good business practices

I think we can all agree there are different levels of exploitation in the music industry.

Jay's folks/RocNation management let Meg know her last contract fine print is full of fuckery in order to get her... and THEM more money.

Im sure if down the road she got someone to look at the contract RocNation eventually renegotiates for her... she's gonna find some fuckery in there as well.

Levels of exploitation... all around

I think we can all agree there are different levels of exploitation in the music industry.

Jay's folks/RocNation management let Meg know her last contract fine print is full of fuckery in order to get her... and THEM more money.

Im sure if down the road she got someone to look at the contract RocNation eventually renegotiates for her... she's gonna find some fuckery in there as well.

Levels of exploitation... all around

exploitation is exploitation

it doesnt change because your faves are doing it

exploitation is exploitation

it doesnt change because your faves are doing it

I agree... and the music business overall is nothing but exploitation..

like I said.. still levels to it tho. Sad that it seems to be damn near a right of passage to sign and be fucked over in a shitty deal in hip hop.

I'm sure it takes place in other genres but we don't hear about it nearly as much as we do with hip hop.

Everybody getting robbed

Is not the 1st time an entertainer got new management and found out they was getting robbed. Whether is Roc nation or not. These situations usually result in stalemates bc both sides have valid arguments. I'm sure that label helped her create that brand and she probably wouldn't be where she at today w out them. On the flipside, she clearly outperformed that contract. She ain't a 20 year old kid just looking for fame no more, she probably realizes how much more she could be getting out of her hustle.

Gotta read them shits its best to have a lawyer(youre own layer) go over it cause alotta that legal talk can be confusing for a reg person...another reason ppl end up getting fucked over is cause they see that advance money and shit else and sign based off that...only to get fucked later down the line
shits easier said than done. lawyers ain't cheap, plus you gotta find one that's actually involved in media contracts, can't just be a divorce lawyer that your auntie knows. Then you gotta think of an instance like this where they might've been friends before working together, that's when you get all the "it's all love, we family. trust us, why would we jerk you around?" convincing her to just sign.

Back