Welcome To aBlackWeb

McDonalds Implements Self Ordering

I thought this was the norm.
They just redid the Mickey's in Basel and I looked old as fuck looking for the sauce to add to my meal.

They've been doing this in the UK for ages now. I was in Canada earlier this year and one of the the McDonald's I visited was doing it as well. I thought it was the norm.

INB4 they breakdown like their ice cream machines.

hahahha.....you right though because I can see them breaking down. Thats why the future is working on machines with technology like that. The days of working at a manufacturing plant are over

Stopped eating that in 1999-2000. So it doesn't matter to me.

Too many cashiers across the board in all industries got lazy and had bad attitudes and now their fucked.

Its fucked up but sometimes folks get WTF they ask for. Bank tellers are next on the list. Can't rob a robot bank teller cause they not going to be afraid to get shot if they don't give up the money.

INB4 they breakdown like their ice cream machines.

thats the thing that will keep em out of the ones in the hood

people dont like that type of shit for one, then they'll fuck up an order and swear the machine did it, the raggedy franchise owners down here aint gone fix em, they just gone hang a sign on it that says "broke", etc

theres two sonic locations here where barely any of the card machines work, they gotta come get your shit and take it inside....we wont be seeing these things any time soon

Chicks do be having stank attitudes.
Dudes be fake thugz.

I ain't got nothing against fast food workers....but don't be mad at me.

Tried one the other day i actually found it more of a hassle than just telling someone wat u want, def wasnt feelin it

@Young_Chitlin @deadeye and whatever zzombie's name is here (if he even came over).

We've been saying this was gonna happen for how long now???

As soon as these people started demanding $15/hr, all the fast food chains started looking or ways to replace staff. This is just the beginning of it.

regardless of what they asked for pay, this was gonna happen.. as soon as the first MP3 player dropped, I knew tapes/cd’s would end up obsolete, and now I hardly see em.

Tech takes over everything. We will lose basic jobs to robots, machines, AI etc. but those need repair, programmers etc. so there’s jobs to be had.

Like Elon said, eventually we will need a universal income bc of the take over

regardless of what they asked for pay, this was gonna happen.. as soon as the first MP3 player dropped, I knew tapes/cd’s would end up obsolete, and now I hardly see em.

Tech takes over everything. We will lose basic jobs to robots, machines, AI etc. but those need repair, programmers etc. so there’s jobs to be had.

Like Elon said, eventually we will need a universal income bc of the take over

Nah, 'cause even when Jack in the Box put 'em in their stores in 2007-2008 people rarely ever used them, most people prefer to get their food via face-to-face transaction in some fashion.

mp3's would have been a non-issue had the RIAA been sensible with their handling of the technology. Instead they had this heavy-handed "all y'all niggas is thieves" approach to it when actually drove more people to piracy. If the recording industry had done something smart like embedding mp3's in CD's like MP3.com was doing with their releases then it wouldn't have tanked the way it did. The consumers asked for it and the RIAA was slow to give the people what they wanted, so they turned to either ripping themselves or piracy.

regardless of what they asked for pay, this was gonna happen..

It wasn't just people asking for higher pay.

Everything was exasperated when certain major cities started raising their minimum wage to $15/yr.

Regardless of whether or not those changes wouldn't take effect until 2020 or later......that was enough of a red flag for some companies to see the handwriting on the wall and start to take the necessary steps to do whatever they can to minimize their exposure to those mandatory wage increases.

I think it was reddit i read that the ice cream machines are supposed to be shut down & cleaned every night and franchise locations not doing it so they constantly out of order.

ok but this is going from mcdonalds jobs to education and society as a whole....and its just not that simple lol

everybody cant be doctors, teachers, inventors, etc......if that were the case they wouldnt make a fraction of what they make now and would need, get this, mcdonalds jobs on the side to support themselves

micky d's is trying to retain more profits and doesnt have shit to do with the education system....those kids will just be boxed out

now if the govt said, hey we're putting robots in the stores and partially paying everyones tuition so we can grow, then it would have some traction

but somebody has to do the basic jobs.....if we forced out all custodians, dishwashers, servers, clerks, etc all it would do is widen the gap between rich and poor.....you're either an elite degree holder that stands out from millions or you have zero legal options for income

guess who's gone be outside in your bushes mr education? lol

Why does everyone say that? You don't think most people have the ability to strive to be more than fry cooks and cashiers? If dumb folks like Desiiigner and Migos can make music loved by thousands of people why can't McDonald's workers make cool art, too? You know when humans first saw massive increases in cultural, historical, and religious traditions? When we first experienced the agricultural revolution in 10,000 BC and we didn't need so many folks dedicated to producing food. Those people went into religion, and poetry, and made art, and human culture flourished. Same thing can happen here.

Why does everyone say that? You don't think most people have the ability to strive to be more than fry cooks and cashiers? If dumb folks like Desiiigner and Migos can make music loved by thousands of people why can't McDonald's workers make cool art, too? You know when humans first saw massive increases in cultural, historical, and religious traditions? When we first experienced the agricultural revolution in 10,000 BC and we didn't need so many folks dedicated to producing food. Those people went into religion, and poetry, and made art, and human culture flourished. Same thing can happen here.

Because its a fucking fact.

People that think they can be doctors end up finding out they cant.

If they could then they would. Sounds bad but the fact is that there are people who have no ambition or abilities above burger flipping or cashiering. Doesn't make them bad people. It is what it is.

This is why I’m pushing my kids into technology heavy and am hoping they score these jobs to program, repair or build these machines. It’s time to move away from being astronauts and doctors.
Maybe for white children. If my daughter takes an interest in the medical field that would be dope af to me. There aren't too many people that look like me in the medical field

It's not really a black/white thing but I've never gotten the feeling at any point in my life that my white doctor's have cared about my well being as a whole with the exception of my endocrinologist.

But I'm trying to push my daughter to stem field as well. She loves building things and seeing how they work and is always asking questions which I think it a great start

Back