Welcome To aBlackWeb

Mayweather And McGregor Agree Date And Venue For Mega Fight

One of the ufc guys on fox sports 1 was going in on the fight, it was two guys...

One was the analysts and the other was a ufc fighter... The analyst was trying to present a case for Connor, lol the fighter was just like man, he has no shot.

He pointed out Ricki Hatton, who was a fellow country man, and said Ricki is ten times the boxer Connor was, and his strategy was exactly the same... And we see where that got him. The only win McGregor will get would be his check

I'm sure mad ufc dudes are against this fight cuz it exploits too many harsh realties...

1. Mma fighters aren't as good as boxers as pro boxers....

And this is a big one. Because mad legit boxing trainers train mma fighters. And mad mma fighters are very very good boxers.... however their boxing alone might not provide a career for them. Pro fighters as a whole don't make that much money, but the top boxers make a shit load more than the top ufc guys. And if any of those ufc guys who are also good boxers,, were good enough boxers to make that top boxer money, they'd quickly jump ship. But they don't. Because as good and as serious as a mma fighter may take his boxing...

As a whole, they just aren't as good of boxers as pro boxers. It's a different game. And they know that, but a fight like this will let the world know it. And the only reason it's lucrative is because the world really doesn't understand how wide the gap is. I can't set ufc fighters being happy with their top guy of the sport being schooled like an amateur. It makes them all look bad

Mayweather spars daily with guys who would win a 120-108 decision over Connor 10 times outta 10, and no one even knows their names.

2. The money. Niggaz really have no idea how bad ufc fighters get jerked on the money. And not only will this expose this. I can't imagine anyone in the ufc being happy that this guy Connor, who couldn't even out box Nate Diaz, is gonna get the biggest payday of any ufc fighter ever. In fact more than almost all of them will ever make in their careers. Largely because he has a big mouth. I just can't see this sitting well.

3. Image. How animated will ufc fighters start becoming in order to get McGregor type pay days. I mean they prolly gonna feel the pressure to be more wordy,, talk more shit. Have more antics. Gimmicks. Cuz that's obviously what gets you paid. Ufc gonna turn into the wwe right before our eyes. And that adds anther aspect to the game that many guys just not gonna like. To go back to Nate Diaz, i remember he slammed the ultimate fighter show. He thought it was stupid and too gimmicky

I'm sure mad ufc dudes are against this fight cuz it exploits too many harsh realties...

1. Mma fighters aren't as good as boxers as pro boxers....

And this is a big one. Because mad legit boxing trainers train mma fighters. And mad mma fighters are very very good boxers.... however their boxing alone might not provide a career for them. Pro fighters as a whole don't make that much money, but the top boxers make a shit load more than the top ufc guys. And if any of those ufc guys who are also good boxers,, were good enough boxers to make that top boxer money, they'd quickly jump ship. But they don't. Because as good and as serious as a mma fighter may take his boxing...

As a whole, they just aren't as good of boxers as pro boxers. It's a different game. And they know that, but a fight like this will let the world know it. And the only reason it's lucrative is because the world really doesn't understand how wide the gap is. I can't set ufc fighters being happy with their top guy of the sport being schooled like an amateur. It makes them all look bad

Mayweather spars daily with guys who would win a 120-108 decision over Connor 10 times outta 10, and no one even knows their names.

2. The money. Niggaz really have no idea how bad ufc fighters get jerked on the money. And not only will this expose this. I can't imagine anyone in the ufc being happy that this guy Connor, who couldn't even out box Nate Diaz, is gonna get the biggest payday of any ufc fighter ever. In fact more than almost all of them will ever make in their careers. Largely because he has a big mouth. I just can't see this sitting well.

3. Image. How animated will ufc fighters start becoming in order to get McGregor type pay days. I mean they prolly gonna feel the pressure to be more wordy,, talk more shit. Have more antics. Gimmicks. Cuz that's obviously what gets you paid. Ufc gonna turn into the wwe right before our eyes. And that adds anther aspect to the game that many guys just not gonna like. To go back to Nate Diaz, i remember he slammed the ultimate fighter show. He thought it was stupid and too gimmicky
I agree with everything you said except this

Conor isn't the top in the sport, he's a very good striker with the best distance management in the sport no doubt, but his ground game is trash. Dude doesn't even have a black belt in bjj. As for making mma fighters look amateur, I think it's obvious most mma fighters would get embarrassed in boxing, karate, kickboxing, etc. Since those sports are only about one martial art. I guarantee you if you floyd went into a mma fight against conor he'd get embarrassed too, since he's a boxer. He doesn't have the years of throwing/defending kicks, knees, takedowns, submissions etc like conor does. You ever see the James Toney vs Randy couture fight?

You miss my point. I love boxing. It's my favorite sport. I've done mad boxing work outs,, and sparred hundreds of rounds. But all this was during my 2 years at a mma gym.

Mma fighters take their boxing serious. And many are very good. But not good enough to complete as high of a level as they do at mma...

This is not to say their boxing trash. It's very very very good. But on average there is a huge gap between the boxing ability of a pure boxer and a mma fighter. This is not to discredit the mma fighter in any way... One of the best boxers at our gym would tell us all the time during our boxing work outs how much better at boxing the guys at those gyms are..... It's just a complete different game, and its deep.... Mad deep.... Too many people don't respect how deep.

And of course the contrast is true. I mean most boxers can't even begin to think of take down defense. How to defend bjj even at the most novice of levels. And Floyd gets that. He ain't pulling a James Toney... Floyd is well aware how quick he'd get crushed in a mma fight. There are no delusions of grandeur there....

That's like Anderson Silva joking he could beat rjjr , look as quick as Roy will take a fight he would have been all over that....

But even Anderson Silva one if the greatest strikers of all time knew he wouldn't last one round with a way past prime Roy Jones Jr who couldn't even compete for a title if he really wanted to....

The gap is wide

My point is this. The only reason this fight makes money is because the general public doesn't grasp how wide the gap really is.

People are really entertaining what if scenarios.... That's my point. There is no what if... This ain't a movie. This is a mismatch.

The odds would be laughable.
They'd have to literally poison Floyd before the fight. Butterbean fights were more competitive

I see what you mean, this is like cm punk going into the ufc with only like a year of mma training.
Exactly, dude no doubt trained his ass off....

Even before he left wwe, dude was heavy in the bjj community. He was clearly an exceptional athlete, and took his training very seriously.

Top trainers, great athlete, but the gap is just too wide

Floyd has never put himself in harms way. If he wants this fight it is because he absolutely knows he can beat him and get a huge check. Also Floyd trains at night because that when fights happen. Most fighters train in the day and then fight at midnight. It makes a big difference. There is also a difference in going 3 to 5 5 minute rounds and 12 3 minute rounds. It the end it is a boxing match and Floyd will win by a big decision or by KO because Mcgregor will get tired.

Back