Welcome To aBlackWeb

Mayweather And McGregor Agree Date And Venue For Mega Fight

Race Jones

gangster. grace. alchemy
MayweatherMcGregorFI.jpg

Floyd Mayweather Junior is a master of the will-they-wont-they narrative, and he is currently in the midst of the biggest one in all of sports. The months of back and forth between the undefeated boxer and Conor McGregor have whipped fans into an utter frenzy of nervous energy as we all watch, wait and pray that the mega bout actually comes to fruition.

Like every good story of mystery and intrigue, there have been red herrings aplenty; just last month it appeared that a deal was all but done on the bout after a source close to McGregor claimed that the fight could be announced in a matter of weeks. We all got excited and then almost immediately deflated, after Mayweather took to Twitter to deny the claims, and underline that it would be the boxer himself to announce the fight, no one else.

Last week Mayweather appeared to officially confirm that he has come out of retirement with the intention of fighting McGregor, telling Fighthype, “When I faced Arturo Gatti, I went to his turf, he was the A-side, I was the B-side. I beat him, I didn’t cry, I didn’t complain. When I faced Oscar De La Hoya, he was the A-side, I was the B-side. I didn’t cry, I didn’t complain, I beat him and I became the A-side. For Conor McGregor, I’m coming out of retirement, just to fight Conor McGregor.”

That seems pretty concrete to me, and it’s far from the end of the good news for fans hoping to see the super fight. It appears that the pair have agreed on a date for the fight, with the Mirror reporting that 10th June is favoured for the bout. It has also been reported that the T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas has been put on hold for the fight, while terms are agreed by the two fighters.

Looks like it could actually be happening sometime soon folks, hang on to your hats and keep your fingers crossed.

What happens if Mayweather loses though?
Outside of the payout. What happens if this man loses?

would that change yalls overall opinion of him?

whats gon stop mcgregor from just saying fuck boxing and just go mma style on floyd right after the bell rings

imo, Floyd shouldn't have even given dude attention

If he loses in a boxing match than it changes everything, I don't think it's possible outside of a ko from mcgregor's straight left hand tho. If he loses in a mma fight it's expected so it won't change my opinion of him.

mcgreggor isn't winning a boxing match....

they say everyone has a punchers chance... he doesn't....it's as close to impossible as impossible gets.....sorry....the what if's just don't fly

and floyd ain't fighting in a mma fight....he's just not that pressed for a payday

and here's the reason why i don't think the fight happens

(none of my numbers have been googled, but i'm fairly certain i'm 100% correct on this.)

Dana White don't pay ufc headliners jack shit.....he just don't.

Conor mcgregor prolly hasn't made $50 million his entire fighting career....i could be wrong.... but i highly doubt he was getting over 2-3 million a fight....
highly doubt it...

that said, a 10 million dollar pay day would be the largest of his career......easily.....and if floyd is extra generous.....maybe 15 million....

i can't see floyd mayweather agreeing to give mcgreggor over 20 million for the fight.....

now the 10 15 or 20 million floyd is more than likely offering mcgregor....is again....the most money he's ever made in his career, and if i was his advisor i'd say take it no question....win or lose... biggest payday of your life is biggest payday of your life....

however.....

dana white and mcgregor gonna wanna know how much floyd is making....

if mcgregor is making 15 million in the biggest payday of his life.....floyd's prolly making somewhere like 150 million.... no exaggeration......he'd promote the even, put together the card, take the entire gate, and ppv buys.....

he'd write conor a check for 10 15 or 20 million...however.... and walk away with ten times more....

and while this is 100% fair in the business world....

Dana White and Conor Mcgreggor combined ego will compel them to demand a percentage split with floyd, and i
m fairly sure floyd ain't gonna budge....

people who don't know the business say things like

"why can't they just go 50/50 and call it a day"

unfortunately it just don't work like that...

there's an A-side and there's a B-side as floyd said...and the B-side more times than not has to take the deal they're getting

the reason why floyd is so confident that all the fight needs to be done is for Conor to agree to the terms, is because floyd is giving this man more money than he ever made before...and there's 0 risk for floyd... his sparring partners would outbox if not knock out mcgregor....

it's a win-win in every sense of the word.......

but i betcha Connor demanding more money for this fight than he's currently worth......

and that's just not gonna happen

What Du just said. Plus if McGregor gets washed, it could do damage to his image despite being in MMA. But if the money is right, he might be willing to sign the contract. And what "right" looks like is completely up to Floyd being the A-Side.

I dont see it happening. And if it does...its gonna be uneventful and end up with McGregor getting the hands of God put on him then challeging Floyd to get in the octagon, which he wont

What Du just said. Plus if McGregor gets washed, it could do damage to his image despite being in MMA. But if the money is right, he might be willing to sign the contract. And what "right" looks like is completely up to Floyd being the A-Side.

I dont see it happening. And if it does...its gonna be uneventful and end up with McGregor getting the hands of God put on him then challeging Floyd to get in the octagon, which he wont
floyd would carry him....it wouldn't be a "good" fight because there would be no tension..... floyd would essentially spar for 12 rounds and make damn near 200 million...

connor's only chance in the whole world would be to try to press the action by pressuring floyd in the corner and hope to land something of meaning, but floyd body jabs with the best of them, and is a scary accurate counter puncher.....he'd discourage connor from trying to pressure him by the end of the first 2 rounds....

after connor realizes he can't get inside and put pressure on floyd, he'd make the same mistake everybody else ever made and try to outbox him in the middle of the ring....and that just ain't happening

only fighters that ever successfully pressured floyd was oscar, maidana, & castillo......connor isn't a faction of the boxers they are....nate diaz gave him the blues

only fighters ever to beat floyd to the punch were zab and shane...and as soon as floyd timed their speed, he proceeded to give them some of the worse ass whoopings of all time, and connor couldn't punch as fast as them if he was taking PED's

i mean.....

let's put things into perspective....

canelo is one of the most explosive and naturally strong fighters on the planet....dude was hitting air bruh......directly in front of the man and was hitting air......i'm sorry......conor can't do what canelo did...let alone be more effective

chico was also a huge puncher.....and physically stronger than floyd... but that accuracy and instinctive defense is ridiculous.....it dno't jsut be head shots, the body work, the angles, the accurate timing....niggaz don't even see the shit coming bruh...

baldomir, lol...a lotta people forget....was coming off of wins over zab and gatti in 2006...two guys that floyd also beat...however baldomir had 2 of the 4 titles at welter, floyd only had 1......this fight had to happen....this was the start of the floyd "ducking" rumors but let me try to explain it as quickly as possible....there are 4 belts at welter. Floyd had 1, Antonio margarito had 1, Carlos Baldomir had 2........Floyd wanted a unification fight. If he had fought margarito...he STILL would have to fight baldomir to be the undisputed champ.....AND if he agreed to fight Margarito, he would have to resign a contract extension with Bob Arum who already said he refused to work with Oscar Delahoya...and not to mention Bob was only offering floyd 8 million to fight margarito.....lol, baldomir's people reportedly offered floyd $8,000,001 and o no contract. they just wanted the baldomir/floyd fight..... so floyd beat carlos and had 3 of the 4 belts, then moved up to beat OScar for a super fight he made over 100 million in...

all the time bob arum and margarito claimed floyd was ducking margarito.....then margarito got busted up by paul williams.....so bob arum was saying floyd was ducking cotto...who got busted up by margarito..then he claimed.....floyd was ducking manny....

which was funny cuz during this time, shane busted up margarito and stormed the ring floyd next fight......lol tat had to happen....then cotto contract expired...so him and floyd signed a fight the following month....after that he tried to get manny to leave bob so they could make the fight directly, but manny had loyalty to his promoter....it took showtime and HBO to give bob his promoter fee so that the fight could finally happen....

ok.....the next fight in the video was marquez.....i don't like that fight cuz floyd was over the agreed weight and he bullied marquez as a result....the only floyd fight i won't defend...

and gatti....dude said Gatti was a C fighter at best and Floyd would make him look like a D fighter.....

if floyd took connor seriously....this is exactly how this fight would go......

at his best connor might...maybe be as good of a boxer as gatti.....maybe.......like if i'm being really nice..... but i think gatti woulda whooped connor's ass too

This isnt a fight that should be taken seriously. This is going to be an easy win and payday for floyd. Incredibly easy. McGregor will get paid well too though.

Only reason why this is hyped up as much as it is, is because mcgregor was the shit in his sport and is coming over to a different style, to fight the undefeated biggest shit talker of boxing.

Floyd will run circles around the irishman and possibly knock him out, or mcgregor will get frustrated and do something illegal (illegal in boxing i mean)

Connor can't see Floyd his defense is too ridiculous he's a master of not getting hit. Also, MMA fighters don't get paid a gotdamn thing compared to boxers especially of Mayweathers caliber. He controls everything in this situation.

Back