Welcome To aBlackWeb

Mase Calls Out Puff For Bad Business & Not Letting Him Buy His Publishing Back

Nope. Not like Bad Boy.

View attachment 223370

No Limit had the cheap pen and pixel album covers, and I don't remember any samples from No Limit. Occasionally they would remake a song (e.g. Ice Cream Man) but as far as actually sampling a hit from the 80s, or 70s, that wasn't their M.O.

And I can only remember seeing a handful of No Limit music videos, but I don't think they were driving around in Bentleys, but correct me if I'm wrong.

WTF does any of this gotta do w/ Bentley's and Helicopters being in music videos?

I swear even you don't know wtf you be thinking.

These stories made me think of when Camron was shooting his first video, for his first single on his debut album. And even tho Camron was his homie and he was featured on the song, Mase wanted like 50k to appear in the video. Now we know where Mase got it from. Think he tried to pass it off as "its just business" or some shit like that.
Ever notice for people like this its always "just business" till it gets done to them.

Puff ain't shit but here's an appreciation post anyway.

I'm willing to bet half my life's savings ($5 USD) that it was THIS video that prompted Suge Knight's infamous 'all in the videos.....dancin' speech at the 1995 Source Awards.

Just look at this mf. This nigga jammin.

Let me guess, Ma$e ghost wrote them ad libs and he choreographed the dances moves.....

I'm willing to bet half my life's savings ($5 USD) that it was THIS video that prompted Suge Knight's infamous 'all in the videos.....dancin' speech at the 1995 Source Awards.

I just watched this like 2 days ago.

But after this post......This video git me in tears.

When puff did the wheeeeeeew.....I lost it.
He really is all in the video jamming.

We need a puffy =all in the video " thread

I'd be jammin too if I knew I was finna get most of the royalties from that shit PLUS an extra check for doing ad libs and "producing" the track... and another check for just two steppin in front of cameras for the video as well lolll

“Rape the game like puffy did total”

Bruh...as soon as he hit the "wooooo" the very next shot is of him sitting on TOP of the fountain above everybody else in a video that ain't een his.

Puffy the GOAT man, I'm sorry.

Last edited:
It's always bad business when you're on the other end. If I sat here and told you I'd give you hoes, cars, and clothes for your rhyme book and you took it then that rhymebook ended up being worth millions, is it bad business that I won't sell it back? What happens if Mase flopped? Would Puff be out here claiming Mase robbed him?

I used to be one of these pro-artist soldiers, but this shit is risk reward. Company fronts you millions in budget, marketing (this was pre-internet so paying radio and TV was real), and then you're mad he won't cough up the rights for $2M now that the seed is a tree producing fruit? He probably aint recouped what it cost to promote him. And if he has, why the hell should he give up an asset?

Equity is every game.

If you asked me to help you start a business, I wouldn't be like, "Gimme 1K to do XYZ." I'd offer you XYZ for a percent of the business. Why? Because that percentage will keep paying me long after that funky ass stack is spent on bills. A $2M offer from Mase today might be $40M over the lifetime of whatever the other guy is offering. Puff can lease Mase's hit songs for Super Bowl ads down the line, jingles, or whatever else.

Nah, bruh. If he ain't hurting, fuck selling them rights. The leverage equity gives you is unheralded. To put it simply: A payment is now. Ownership is payment forever.

These stories made me think of when Camron was shooting his first video, for his first single on his debut album. And even tho Camron was his homie and he was featured on the song, Mase wanted like 50k to appear in the video. Now we know where Mase got it from. Think he tried to pass it off as "its just business" or some shit like that.
Ever notice for people like this its always "just business" till it gets done to them.
Yup.

That was the lick back in the day....charge for the feature and then charge for the video appearance.....Hell thats how the classic ODB song baby I got ur money came from

Back