Welcome To aBlackWeb

Mase Calls Out Puff For Bad Business & Not Letting Him Buy His Publishing Back

Lol at the bolded. Thanks for proving my point. SMH at niggas giving props to corny ass, crossover thirsty, white folks approved commercial rappers. Inb4 you try to convince me how dope Vanilla Ice was.

Smh at comparing anything Puff did to the Chronic. The Chronic is maybe the best album in the history of the culture. Fohwtbs

You realize that jayz, nas, big and Tupac. Have all at one point made commercial rap and not all of it was wack. I dont need all my rap music to be hardcore. Sometimes party music can be good fam. Relax bro...music is subjective. I thought Harlem World was a dope album.
Far as the No Way Out/chronic comparison. They are similar in the way they were structured. Two artists that were not known for primarily being rappers get a bunch of raps ghostwritten for them and make a good album w MAD features. Of course the Chronic was better, but No Way Out was a good culture shifting album. For better or worse

Correct me if I'm wrong but Diddy tell anyone to go back and rewrite contracts or to hand over they assets to their former artist?

Or was he speaking on how buisness should be conducted going forward and how artist today need to stand up for new artist coming in the business? Was he speaking on artist of color especially being jerked when its time for the accolades being handed out?

Diddy not selling Ma$e his publishing for 2ms is NOT the same as Diddy not selling Ma$e his publishing period *Which is what Ma$e trying to insinuate*

Start a gofundme for Betha my brother

Lol it’s the same shit

Kinda wack IMO to scold the Grammys saying shit like "We are artists, and we are sensitive about our shit.... We are passionate. For most of us, this is all we got. This is our only hope."

that shit is also pure comedy....diddy being a artist lmfao. Like this dude ever wrote any raps or made any beats. He just gets people to do all the shit for him and then he goes "i like this" and now hes a artist, cool. I guess we're all artists

Chappelle's the only nigga I know to ultimately beat the machine and remain commercially viable.

Puff ain't prepared to take no kinda stand that's gonna really shake shit up. The machine's been too good/profitable to him.

There's a longer point I could make, but basically Puff is more capitalist over culture. The people know this. This is why neither side: 'the culture' nor 'the machine' can really take his activism seriously. Not until he actually puts some action behind those words anyway.

Chappelle's the only nigga I know to ultimately beat the machine and remain commercially viable.

Puff ain't prepared to take no kinda stand that's gonna really shake shit up. The machine's been too good/profitable to him.

There's a longer point I could make, but basically Puff is more capitalist over culture. The people know this. This is why neither side: 'the culture' nor 'the machine' can really take his activism seriously. Not until he actually puts some action behind those words anyway.

thing is he openly shallow like if he cared about artists why he make the band walk for some cheese cake? That vote or die shit was fake af too

You realize that jayz, nas, big and Tupac. Have all at one point made commercial rap and not all of it was wack. I dont need all my rap music to be hardcore. Sometimes party music can be good fam. Relax bro...music is subjective. I thought Harlem World was a dope album.
Far as the No Way Out/chronic comparison. They are similar in the way they were structured. Two artists that were not known for primarily being rappers get a bunch of raps ghostwritten for them and make a good album w MAD features. Of course the Chronic was better, but No Way Out was a good culture shifting album. For better or worse
Stopped reading after the bolded. SMH at niggas justifying overt crossover commercialized bullshit. Lol at comparing Pac and Mase on any level. Call me when the sitting Vice President of the United States gives a speech actively trying to stop the sale and distribution of a Mase record. When Mase speaks a level of truth that is powerful enough to reach the White House we can have this conversation again. Until then you, Mase, his shinny suits and his wack ass apologist can miss me with the bullshit.

Ma$e got a 20k check for his publishing, but there's another thing that hasn't been mentioned in this thread;

Back in the mid/late 90s most rappers wore Timberland boots and a hoodie. Artists on Bad Boy were wearing Versace, iced out Rolexes, driving around in Bentleys, drinking expensive champagne, video shoots on exotic islands, helicopter shots, dozens of models, and the whole nine yards. Also, they were rapping over beats that had recognizable samples, so they had to pay for the sample.

No other label was rolling like that. But where did the money come from to pay for all of those amenities?

My guess is that Puff gave his artists things like Bentleys, watches and champagne, but that money came out of their sales/publishing/royalties. Suge was doing the same thing to Pac, he'd give him a car to drive, but no money.

Everybody wants to live the good life, but eventually you wake up and realize you're just getting further and further in debt.

I can just imagine the feeling of waking up and realizing you have no money, no way of getting any money, but you have a $50,000 Rolex, a Versace suit, and you have to get on the tour bus to drive to the next city to do a show. That life is all smoke and mirrors.

I bet that 20k didn't last a week.

Ma$e got a 20k check for his publishing, but there's another thing that hasn't been mentioned in this thread;

Back in the mid/late 90s most rappers wore Timberland boots and a hoodie. Artists on Bad Boy were wearing Versace, iced out Rolexes, driving around in Bentleys, drinking expensive champagne, video shoots on exotic islands, helicopter shots, dozens of models, and the whole nine yards. Also, they were rapping over beats that had recognizable samples, so they had to pay for the sample.

No other label was rolling like that. But where did the money come from to pay for all of those amenities?

My guess is that Puff gave his artists things like Bentleys, watches and champagne, but that money came out of their sales/publishing/royalties. Suge was doing the same thing to Pac, he'd give him a car to drive, but no money.

Everybody wants to live the good life, but eventually you wake up and realize you're just getting further and further in debt.

I can just imagine the feeling of waking up and realizing you have no money, no way of getting any money, but you have a $50,000 Rolex, a Versace suit, and you have to get on the tour bus to drive to the next city to do a show. That life is all smoke and mirrors.

so no limit records didnt exist?

Not to mention Puff would charge his artists to have his own cars in the video (even when they told him no). He would also charge them for having his ad-libs on their songs. All of his artists hated that. Mark Curry (from Black Rob's Muscle Game) wrote a book about his time with Bad Boy called Dancing with the Devil. It's very good.

puffy rents his cars and jewelry to the artists for videos.

im going to find the video where they talk about it.

so no limit records didnt exist?

Nope. Not like Bad Boy.

No Limit had the cheap pen and pixel album covers, and I don't remember any samples from No Limit. Occasionally they would remake a song (e.g. Ice Cream Man) but as far as actually sampling a hit from the 80s, or 70s, that wasn't their M.O.

And I can only remember seeing a handful of No Limit music videos, but I don't think they were driving around in Bentleys, but correct me if I'm wrong.

Nope. Not like Bad Boy.

View attachment 223370

No Limit had the cheap pen and pixel album covers, and I don't remember any samples from No Limit. Occasionally they would remake a song (e.g. Ice Cream Man) but as far as actually sampling a hit from the 80s, or 70s, that wasn't their M.O.

And I can only remember seeing a handful of No Limit music videos, but I don't think they were driving around in Bentleys, but correct me if I'm wrong.
yeah, yo opinion on rap about to be put on fugazi status

most of NL's hits were samples brah

P was talking about Bentleys before Puff, but ...this not the time nor place for this

ya'll gonna start respecting P

this just one example

"If you ask me the whole thing needs a douche
A Massengill
What the hell
Crack will sell in the neighborhood
To the corner house bitches
Miss Parker, little Joe, and Todd Bridges"

Not to mention Puff would charge his artists to have his own cars in the video (even when they told him no). He would also charge them for having his ad-libs on their songs. All of his artists hated that. Mark Curry (from Black Rob's Muscle Game) wrote a book about his time with Bad Boy called Dancing with the Devil. It's very good.
And yet they kept signing. If all that shit was in the contract then that is their fault. If not then they should have had a lawyer on hand.

Last edited:
yeah, yo opinion on rap about to be put on fugazi status

most of NL's hits were samples brah

P was talking about Bentleys before Puff, but ...this not the time nor place for this

ya'll gonna start respecting P

this just one example

Is that a sample or is it replayed?

Back