Welcome To aBlackWeb

Disney+ Marvel's What If...? (Season 2)

Yeah thats a good point. I get that he was blinded by his despair and desperate to get Christine back, but this dude really didn't think through that bringing her back would destroy the universe, including her? I guess that's the Dr. Strange cockiness that leads him to do the massive spell in No Way Home.

Him talking to the Watcher was pretty dope though

Same thing I was thinking. Everybody is like the Spiderman/No Way home stuff seems so out of character for doctor strange... nah this shit is on brand like a muhfucka far as I can tell

JEFFREY WRIGHT: Strange's dilemma is such a timeless one. And when I saw this episode for the first time, I guess that timelessness was very timely for me. [Laughs] It just rocked me. It hit me pretty close to home. We all, at times, have tried to reverse circumstances and undo events, or at least we all, at times, have wished we were able to trace our steps backward and try to undo events that have not turned out as we might have desired they turned out the first time. The framing of that temptation for him was really well conceived of in this episode, and I just found myself sinking further and further into this hopelessly tragic abyss with Strange as it unfolded — [laughs] for reasons that I won't go into detail about.

That's understandable. What was your reaction when you read the script and learned how dark and emotional this episode gets?
I use the term dark differently than some. I just saw it as tragic. I don't know if that's dark, tragedy is something that we will all experience. There's something deeply human and emotional about it for me. Yes, he's tortured by this loss and desperate and full of hubris and lost, but for me it just seems so perfectly human. So I think I describe it more in those terms than it being dark. It's just filled with pathos. And for that reason I really empathize with that journey. [Laughs] I found myself, like The Watcher, there with him.

I didn't expect to see an entire universe get destroyed as a result of Doctor Strange's actions — how is that going to influence the rest of the season now that we know there can be such wide-reaching consequences to a What If...? question?
That remains to be seen, but I think this idea of his universe being destroyed is a wonderful metaphor too for all of us when we attempt the impossible or rather when we try to reject our path, our destiny, or the inevitability of our lives. When a schism grows between our reality and our relationship to it, we do in fact kind of destroy our universe, you know? It unravels completely and we lose touch with our wisdom and we lose touch with a healthy relationship to our lives, and that in and of itself is the destruction of the universe, right? I really enjoyed the metaphor of that idea, and I don't want to give too much away about what comes after... The nature of this series is about exploring possibilities, and what I think is true of the MCU is that all of these threads can potentially weave themselves in to the other. So it's possible. Just watch.

2394d439aced845fa87c1bf98861fb4f7880d761.gifv
68f31dc386ff00737ff27c28f73d3c61f91954d5.gifv

7bb559a013ec05229376bd58eae08215237481a8.gifv
9136f9939ce12957d0951be468c97ad7e5bad666.gifv

7fd16e31aa14b42fa2bbe5fefe570fffaf8f0f30.gifv
7637e1578346290abc888f8eae8977282864b0ce.gifv

Jeffrey Wright's comments are interesting. What if this sets up for the F4 movie and Galactus. In the comics, the F4 only manage to turn Galactus away when they first meet because of the Watcher's interference. Wright makes it seem like this series will test the Watcher's ability to stay on the sideline.

Back