Welcome To aBlackWeb

i might be in the minority, but i think moving forward, they will address the things ya'll are talking about

kinda like how du is talking about how DC doesn't play up the detective skills of Batman
Its too late bruh. Parker was already a genius before his powers. What would suddenly make him smarter? He is a science major for a reason and looked up to Doc Oc while studying his work. Pete is smarter than Stark because he understands genetics and tech. The guy analized his own cells to understand what happened to him after he got his abilities. This dim wit Spidey is a slap in the face to the legacy of Stan Lee. Someone said it before, Spider-Man 2 is the best on screen Spidey (despite the cheese) but Home Coming is a better movie. Far From Home had a chance to combine both smh.

They show glimpses of his intelligence tho..

I think in future movies it will come further to the front since the studio can only use Stark as a crutch for so long ...

Now that Tony.. who was spos to be the "smartest"... is gone.. I think they gon put more spotlight on Shuri, Parker and Banner

Until they introduce Reed Richards.. then he might take over as the brains of the MCU

They show glimpses of his intelligence tho..

I think in future movies it will come further to the front since the studio can only use Stark as a crutch for so long ...

Now that Tony.. who was spos to be the "smartest"... is gone.. I think they gon put more spotlight on Shuri, Parker and Banner

Until they introduce Reed Richards.. then he might take over as the brains of the MCU
Way too late for me. I just want Spider-Man 2 on PS5.

Felt like there should have been one more act with a better ending. I figured that was not hydro man and was an illusion from Mysterio. Mysterio was the best thing about the movie, but they could have went deeper with his character instead of trying to connect him to Stark.

How did he know who Peter was to make this plan of getting him to give him control of that Stark tech? The plot felt really forced and made no sense. All these people knowing his identity is stupid too. It takes away from the core concept of the character.

Balancing a life of a regular person and Spider-Man is a big part of the character. So MJ figured it out, but the rest of the class didn't? Shit felt more like an episode to a TV show just drawn out and ending on a cliffhanger. The beginning almost put me to sleep. Just played Spider-Man PS4 to use rhe new suit from Far From Home and I don't get why they can not deliver that "Spider-Man" in the movies.

Using Spider-Man as some Stark lacky that needs so much encouragement and guidence really limits the character and takes away from Spidey being one of the greatest herpes of all time. He never needed all this help, tech or mentorship.

That MJ chick is so cringe too. All of the humor is Transformers level of ackward and bad. Yup, special effects were dope and the illusion effects were really good. Anotherthing. WTF is Spidey less confident than he was in Home Coming after fighting against Avengers and Thanos?

Shit makes no sense. There was no growth of his character. He regressed. No wit, no arrogance and no maturity. This movie was inferior to Home Coming outside of effects.
What?

Felt like there should have been one more act with a better ending. I figured that was not hydro man and was an illusion from Mysterio. Mysterio was the best thing about the movie, but they could have went deeper with his character instead of trying to connect him to Stark.

How did he know who Peter was to make this plan of getting him to give him control of that Stark tech? The plot felt really forced and made no sense. All these people knowing his identity is stupid too. It takes away from the core concept of the character.

Balancing a life of a regular person and Spider-Man is a big part of the character. So MJ figured it out, but the rest of the class didn't? Shit felt more like an episode to a TV show just drawn out and ending on a cliffhanger. The beginning almost put me to sleep. Just played Spider-Man PS4 to use rhe new suit from Far From Home and I don't get why they can not deliver that "Spider-Man" in the movies.

Using Spider-Man as some Stark lacky that needs so much encouragement and guidence really limits the character and takes away from Spidey being one of the greatest herpes of all time. He never needed all this help, tech or mentorship.

That MJ chick is so cringe too. All of the humor is Transformers level of ackward and bad. Yup, special effects were dope and the illusion effects were really good. Anotherthing. WTF is Spidey less confident than he was in Home Coming after fighting against Avengers and Thanos?

Shit makes no sense. There was no growth of his character. He regressed. No wit, no arrogance and no maturity. This movie was inferior to Home Coming outside of effects.

All this but your ass will be there for Spider-Man: Back to Queens.

They alluded to it in the beginning after the Spidey showcase with Aunt May. He's not yet ready to take on everything that the world is casting on him. He wasn't himself and in a lot of ways hence the title "Far From Home"

He's still just a 16yr old high schooler who just had his entire life changed and he's still trying to figure it out and process everything. Which means he's still a little naive, a little uncertain and we saw that all throughout the movie.

I did feel there wasn't enough Spiderman but when we finally got to it, it was probably the best representation of Spidey on film, the "Peter tingle" scene was dope af.

Mysterio was a cool villian didn't think they needed to kill him off. His initial motivation was dumb as hell. Felt really contrived.

They alluded to it in the beginning after the Spidey showcase with Aunt May. He's not yet ready to take on everything that the world is casting on him. He wasn't himself and in a lot of ways hence the title "Far From Home"

He's still just a 16yr old high schooler who just had his entire life changed and he's still trying to figure it out and process everything. Which means he's still a little naive, a little uncertain and we saw that all throughout the movie.

Exactly.

Niggas want this big growth from just his 2nd movie.

The Tony Stark that died in Endgame wasn't the same Tony from Ironman 2.

If Sony don't fuck things up, hopefully we'll how Pete/Spidey changed from Homecoming to Avengers 8.

Been out of town for like 3 weeks straight didnt even know this was in theaters already, thought it came out later. Gonna peep this weekend.

I did feel there wasn't enough Spiderman but when we finally got to it, it was probably the best representation of Spidey on film, the "Peter tingle" scene was dope af.

Mysterio was a cool villian didn't think they needed to kill him off. His initial motivation was dumb as hell. Felt really contrived.
He already been to space and another planet. He past ready.

Exactly.

Niggas want this big growth from just his 2nd movie.

The Tony Stark that died in Endgame wasn't the same Tony from Ironman 2.

If Sony don't fuck things up, hopefully we'll how Pete/Spidey changed from Homecoming to Avengers 8.
Fighting against Thanos should equal tons of growth. The guy had the power to kill half of life in the universe. This movie went backwards with the character. He already went through growing pains in Home Coming. Spider-Man 2 had him in college and a recognized hero.

Fighting against Thanos should equal tons of growth. The guy had the power to kill half of life in the universe. This movie went backwards with the character. He already went through growing pains in Home Coming. Spider-Man 2 had him in college and a recognized hero.

What growing pains did he have in Homecoming that had him dealing w/ essentially being dead for 5 years, having his mentor die to save all of humanity, then having folks expect you to fill those same shoes at just 16.

:foh5:

If he still mopping around bout Tony and heistant bout being a leader in Spidey 3/4. Then you can complain about his lack of growth.

and waltermosely had a movie, devil in a blue dress, it was good

james paterson had several movies, and they range from good to bad,

anne rice as well...queen of the damned was two great books smushed into one okay movie with a congested plot and dope visuals... but it's still an anne rice movie

When people talk about Marvel movies, they are taking about movies made by Marvel Studios. This other movies you named were made by different studios. You can talk about them all you want, but what would be the point? It's not like anyone is walking around acting like Howard the Duck is a classic just because it's technically a Marvel movie.

When people talk about Marvel movies, they are taking about movies made by Marvel Studios. This other movies you named were made by different studios. You can talk about them all you want, but what would be the point? It's not like anyone is walking around acting like Howard the Duck is a classic just because it's technically a Marvel movie.

Howard the Duck is a classic.

What growing pains did he have in Homecoming that had him dealing w/ essentially being dead for 5 years, having his mentor die to save all of humanity, then having folks expect you to fill those same shoes at just 16.

:foh5:

If he still mopping around bout Tony and heistant bout being a leader in Spidey 3/4. Then you can complain about his lack of growth.
So we have to wait til the 3rd or 4th movie to get a complete Spidey experience? Got ya. Raimi's Spidey got right into it and you know how I feel about those movies overrall. The problem started with making Pete a teen again instead of an adult as he was when he fought in Infinity War in the comics. I never liked that decision but at least the video game got it right. "Not ready for the responsibilty but jumped on a spaceship to go to anothet planet" lol come on bruh. The movie was forgetable.

So we have to wait til the 3rd or 4th movie to get a complete Spidey experience? Got ya. Raimi's Spidey got right into it and you know how I feel about those movies overrall. The problem started with making Pete a teen again instead of an adult as he was when he fought in Infinity War in the comics. I never liked that decision but at least the video game got it right. "Not ready for the responsibilty but jumped on a spaceship to go to anothet planet" lol come on bruh. The movie was forgetable.

That is the move of a 16 y/o who acts before he thinks. He wasn't leading the charge to go fight Thanos.

So you want him to have it all figured out in the first 30mins of the 1st movie.
CJLsXKo.png

There wouldn't be much room to grow if he had it all figured out. I don't expect Spidey to be a vet at 16.

Him jumping onto a spaceship unprepared is exactly what a naive kid would do. That's why we are here now story wise, that maybe the decisions he's made so far weren't exactly the smartest.

@VulcanRaven you're basically suggesting and expecting the same thing the people in his world are expecting of him and he's shown that he's not yet ready to carry that mantle. Happy had to tell him look it's ok to not be ready, shit you look up to Tony and he didn't have it all either.

That's growth, from wanting to just deal with the neighborhood

Last edited:
I wish they had done more to address the fallout from the return snap. The mentioned it in that high school news report but they showed very little of how they dealt with it. Was his whole class dusted? Or was "Brad" a grade schooler when it happened? They made jokes but they missed an opportunity here.

The romance plot wass alright although the triangle with the aforementioned "Brad" was unnecessary.

On a side note, Marisa Tomei is prolly finer than she's been for some time.

I really didn't like Mysterio here. Maybe it's because i already know who he is and spent the bulk of the movie waiting for the heel turn. But i didn't buy Gyllenhaal's performance at all. Didn't buy him as a good guy, didn't buy him as a villain.

As a good guy, everything he said SOUNDED like bullshit. His delivery was never convincing. Maybe that was intentional. Still bothersome.

As a villain, his delivery was even more unconvincing. His motivation was indeed trash.
"Tony Stark bastarized my life's work but he's dead so i'm gonna stage disasters, play hero and harass Stark's teenage protege so i can stage BIGGER disasters so that i can... be a hero?"

The illusions he played on Spider-Man were cool as shit. More of the movie should have been that. If anhything, that kinda stuff coulda been saved for another sequel, like an actual revenge plot where he's actually targeting Spider-man because he's... Spider-Man and not for his proximity to Iron Man.

Back