Welcome To aBlackWeb

I still don't quite understand the Awkwafina controversy. That's largely cause I don't pay attention to shit like this and only heard of her like a year ago.

It seems, based somewhat on things said in this topic, that people are mad at her for adopting some form of black style to get fame. Why is she being singled out for that though? Since black culture pretty much sets the standard for what's cool in America and the world to some extent, it' not a surprise and certainly not new that notblack people try to adopt or co-op some aspects of black culture to creat their own success. Why is she being singled out for something that's been done for decades (e.g., Elvis)>

Nah, it's just sad and pathetic.

She been involved in at least 3 movies a year going back to 2016(minus 2020). Not a peep from them clowns.

It's because she said "I don't want to be a Minstrel to my asian people" It's interesting she used the word Minstrel,but she's comfortable talking with a "black"/hood accent. Don't defend her,let her get cooked. I do want this movie to succeed though,they said if this doesn't do well in the box office Spiderman is probably getting pushed back to next year.

So I looked it up real quick, and this is the vid that keeps coming up as the example of her using a "blaccent."

I don't know man. This seems like a reach. Then again if this is just a small snippet from a larger pool of more egregious behavior, maybe that's the problem?

So I looked it up real quick, and this is the vid that keeps coming up as the example of her using a "blaccent."

I don't know man. This seems like a reach. Then again if this is just a small snippet from a larger pool of more egregious behavior, maybe that's the problem?

She be using NY mannerisms and words.

It is what it is. Aint like she disrespecting black folks if we being real

In a pandemic? They need to lower their expectations

LoL,that's why they'll use Shang Chi as a tester,the budget for No way Home must've been crazy, Jamie Foxx,Garfield,Maguire,OG Doc Ock,OG Sandman ?,Lizard,Michael Keaton ?,OG J Jonah Jameson,Dr.Strange,Wong,Rhino?,Shocker ?. They need that money back,no point in putting it out if people aren't going into theaters 🤷‍♂️

Back