Welcome To aBlackWeb

Haven't finished this yet cuz I passed out, but the way this film was edited is weird af. That scene where ikarus comes and fights the deviant attacking sprite and sersi was so choppy the way it went back and forth. I think chloes downfall as a director is she hasn't learned to film action scenes quite yet. Or edit them together. Maybe she was on a time crunch but that scene in particular felt like the actors didn't film it together and they were filmed months apart. Which is possible with all the reshoots, but as a viewer, you're not supposed to be able to notice it that hard.

For what it's worth, the movie is OK and I like the cosmic possibilities the film introduces, but I can also see why many people call this the worst marvel film.

Fell asleep on it the first time n theaters

barely got thru it this time at the crib

i can see how this furthers the cosmic portion of the MCU so it is an “important” movie per se

still very mid maybe even downright bad

like Hulk, Thor Dark World bad lol

I liked it did but it lagged at times, at least 3-4x

Overall tho it was a good mid movie to keep the universe moving along

Probably rate it a 6 or 6.5

I thought it was okay. It definitely could have been better. I liked how they made having so many characters work. And all the potential scenarios the overall cosmic theme has opened up. But I’d never watch it again.

so here’s to hoping that the sequel brings us Galactus

I wanna see how theyre gonna explain a couple things about Thanos

1 - if he was an advanced robot as well since he's an Eternal
2 - and if he was a deviant eternal... then technically the Eternals coulda stepped in to fight against him right?

2 - and if he was a deviant eternal... then technically the Eternals coulda stepped in to fight against him right?

that's what doesn't make sense here: There was supposed to be a scene that showed a young Thanos since he's an Eternal with a Deviant gene. But if they're machines, what gene could he have? And Eros/Starfox is Thanos' brother in the comics, and he makes an appearance in the end credits, so how are they gonna fix this and stay in the continuity of the movie?

giphy.gif

that's what doesn't make sense here: There was supposed to be a scene that showed a young Thanos since he's an Eternal with a Deviant gene. But if they're machines, what gene could he have? And Eros/Starfox is Thanos' brother in the comics, and he makes an appearance in the end credits, so how are they gonna fix this and stay in the continuity of the movie?

It is a little convoluted as to why the Eternals didn't step in but technically Thanos was preventing Celestials from being born by wiping out half the universe population considering the planets need a certain level of life forms for the celestial to be born. As they stopped this one on Earth its possible they didn't stop it because they didn't want the celestial to be raised via the emergence.

My theory..

🤷🏾‍♂️

Black_Knight_Marvel.jpg

The Black Knight was originally a normal athletic human being with no superhuman powers. While sharing the gann josin with Sersi, his strength, speed, and other physical abilities were mildly enhanced. After the gann josin link was broken, Whitman returned to being a normal human being. As part of his new role as the Pendragon Whitman has gained minor mystical abilities, such as the ability to see through mystical illusions by looking "past the mundane".

Whitman is an excellent swordsman whose skills have allowed him to best Swordsman in combat. He is also an excellent fighter in general, able to hold his own against such skilled fighters as Captain America and Wolverine. He is also an expert horseman. Whitman started out as a scientist, earning a master's degree in physics while being proficient in a wide array of advanced sciences and technologies, including genetic and mechanical engineering. He maintains a scientific approach and perspective more often than not, despite his ties to the world of magic. He has also demonstrated good leadership skills as leader of both the Avengers and Ultraforce. He has strong strategic and tactical skills.

For a short while Dane became a recipient of the Phoenix Force while partaking in its mock trial contest to choose a new vessel for its power. He lost those facilities when he was bested by the Winter Guard's Crimson Widow.
@illestni99ainne

Black Knight's powers in the comics

Wasn't the idea that they weren't allowed to intervene with human affairs?

Correct me if I'm wrong but IIRC, nowhere in the MCU movies do they bring up Thanos being an eternal or celestial or anything like that. They dont even talk about his parents.

They werent supposed to interfere in human conflicts unless it involved the deviants.. but they did on several occasions.

And they never talked about it BEFORE eternals but Eros at the end came through and said "my fellow eternals"... and he's Thanos' brother so we're just trying to connect the dots

Back