Welcome To aBlackWeb

Hawkeye kingpin was terrible, but he wasn’t as menacing as he was in the Netflix series. The continuity of his character was broken.

He would have never been bested by a teenage girl. And certainly not one that has absolutely no special powers. He beat the shit out of Daredevil in one of the greatest fights of that series and Daredevil is a beast fighter. It’s been a while but that’s how I remember that fight going down at least.

Him crushing that dude's head wit the suv door until it was headless mush...brutality

If they’re going to change the tone completely I’d rather them just recast and start over. Character continuity is major for any show. You can’t have these characters’ whole personality and motivations change on a dime like this. You can’t have a character like DD who had to deal with that version of Kingpin and that version of Punisher not be a tragic character.

It’s a long time before this happens if it does though. Maybe Disney heard the people about Kingpin and will make shit right. They don’t miss often.

I’m looking at it as they are just using Charlie cox as daredevil and homie as kingpin and that Netflix show for the most part is non canon aka it doesn’t exist

the only thing that even ties the Netflix shows to the MCU is “the battle of NY” right?

So even if they change everything with the show complaining or even comparing the two wouldn’t make sense since it’s not a continuation

I’m looking at it as they are just using Charlie cox as daredevil and homie as kingpin and that Netflix show for the most part is non canon aka it doesn’t exist

the only thing that even ties the Netflix shows to the MCU is “the battle of NY” right?

So even if they change everything with the show complaining or even comparing the two wouldn’t make sense since it’s not a continuation
Nah, you can’t just erase those visuals and dialogue from viewers minds. Imagine how jarring it would be if they casted original Carlton as Carlton on Bel Air. Similar thing here just in reverse.

Nah, you can’t just erase those visuals and dialogue from viewers minds. Imagine how jarring it would be if they casted original Carlton as Carlton on Bel Air. Similar thing here just in reverse.
Word but if fans really liked charlie cox and he did such a good job that he earned the role to keep for continuity sake from a show that was just running 4 years ago that’s just what it is lol

you can erase anything you want since that show wasnt made by anybody who is associated with the Disney plus shows.

Much different than using Alphonso riberio to reprise a character from 30 years ago. That would be the most jarring thing

Word but if fans really liked charlie cox and he did such a good job that he earned the role to keep for continuity sake from a show that was just running 4 years ago that’s just what it is lol

you can erase anything you want since that show wasnt made by anybody who is associated with the Disney plus shows.

Much different than using Alphonso riberio to reprise a character from 30 years ago. That would be the most jarring thing

Wasnt Alphonso on In the house as Carlton one episode... then came back to be a series regular as a completely different nigga and nobody said shit?

In my anology the two shows would be within the same timeframe like the DD shows. Of course a 50 year old playing a teenager would be jarring in itself, lol.

Season 1 showrunner Steven DeKnight offered his best wishes to Daredevil's next chapter and looks forward to seeing him succeed behind everyone involved with the show's revival:

"I personally look forward to the next chapter in DD’s life and wish everyone involved the absolute best!"
Although DeKnight clarified that he's not available to work on the new series, but he wants the new crew to have the freedom to put their best work forward regardless:

"I would but I’m currently unavailable for the next few years due to other commitments. Plus I want the new creative team to be free to do their thing!"
The showrunner responded to a fan anticipating that the new show won't be as good as DeKnight's work, hoping that the Disney+ outing will be even better than what came through on Netflix:

"Not at all! As a lifelong fan of the character, I hope it's even BETTER than what we did on Netflix. Lord knows they'll have a much, much larger budget."
Although he has "bittersweet" feelings about not being involved with Daredevil going forward, he just wants to see Marvel and Disney put forth a great product that he can enjoy alongside the fans:

"Bittersweet. But all I want is great Daredevil show I can watch with the rest of the fans!"
DeKnight once again expressed that the new show does well, sharing his excitement to see "what they're cooking up:"

"I think they’ll do just fine! Excited to see what they’re cooking up!
Lol so I'm not the only one

Back