Welcome To aBlackWeb

FEATURED Marriage vs Children Out of Wedlock

test
Having kids is not a commitment at all…being a parent is. Idk why yall acting like everybody who has kids has made a commitment.
So in essence it’s different because you don’t have to take care of the kids if you don’t want to?

So in essence it’s different because you don’t have to take care of the kids if you don’t want to?
Yes there are people out here with 5+ kids who have never so much as pretended to make a commitment

Getting married is a literal commitment

Yep, you have kids, that's a biological commitment if nothing else. You created them. If you choose to be a deadbeat, you're walking away from that commitment.
Nope

If you intended to stop your car at the red light, but hit your brakes too late and slid into the intersection hitting a pedestrian, you are legally liable for what you did but not as a result of a commitment.

Nope

If you intended to stop your car at the red light, but hit your brakes too late and slid into the intersection hitting a pedestrian, you are legally liable for what you did but not as a result of a commitment.

Ummm, that is a commitment. That's why you sign paperwork when you get a driver's license. You've committed yourself to following all laws pertaining to driving. That's why you're legally liable for whatever happens while you're driving.

Same goes for kids. You know the possibilities that come with having sex. When you choose to go through with it, you're committing yourself to the consequences, i.e., potential pregnancy. That's why you're liable for child support if a pregnancy occurs.

Ummm, that is a commitment. That's why you sign paperwork when you get a driver's license. You've committed yourself to following all laws pertaining to driving. That's why you're legally liable for whatever happens while you're driving.

Same goes for kids. You know the possibilities that come with having sex. When you choose to go through with it, you're committing yourself to the consequences, i.e., potential pregnancy. That's why you're liable for child support if a pregnancy occurs.
Strongly disagree but I get your side

I don’t think the words obligation and commitment are interchangeable the way you seem to

There’s a reason we decide to use one word or the other depending on the situation

Equal tier of commitment with different challenges for each particular commitment you make.

children out of wedlock still takes a high level of communication, cooperation and decision making to foster and maintain a healthy co-parenting relationship. Just as in marriage its necessary for each party to not only consider...but place others needs before their own whether its the child or the other parent.

Last edited:
Back