Welcome To aBlackWeb

OUT NOW Lupe Fiasco - Drogas Wave Album Thread

Rate "Drogas Wave"

• Total voters
giphy.gif

I honestly dont get what the he was trying to do with Slave Ship(Interlude) or how it even fits in with the rest of the album. One of yall "treasure hunters" let me know tomorrow if i'm missing something on that one.

Shit felt crazy left field and jarring to me when that shit came on

I honestly dont get what the he was trying to do with Slave Ship(Interlude) or how it even fits in with the rest of the album. One of yall "treasure hunters" let me know tomorrow if i'm missing something on that one.

http://www.xxlmag.com/news/2018/09/lupe-fiasco-drogas-wave-album-cover-tracklist-release-date/

Drogas Wave is based on a story about a group of slaves that jumped off of a slave ship transporting them from Africa,” Lupe says. “The slaves did not drown, and instead somehow managed to live under the sea. They spent the rest of their underwater existence sinking slave ships. ‘Drogas’ is the Spanish word for drugs. I made it an acronym which stands for ‘Don’t Ruin Us God Said.’”

?

Ill see tomorrow

http://www.xxlmag.com/news/2018/09/lupe-fiasco-drogas-wave-album-cover-tracklist-release-date/

Drogas Wave is based on a story about a group of slaves that jumped off of a slave ship transporting them from Africa,” Lupe says. “The slaves did not drown, and instead somehow managed to live under the sea. They spent the rest of their underwater existence sinking slave ships. ‘Drogas’ is the Spanish word for drugs. I made it an acronym which stands for ‘Don’t Ruin Us God Said.’”

?

Ill see tomorrow

^^ I gathered that just from listening to the album... but that interlude had me with the
giphy.gif
face

If you know, you know

Man Lupe my nigga but he took this theme concept album from that nigga from Halimton . He is in a rap group called Clipping.
and they already did this concept before. My girl showed me this song months back.

Drogas wave is still dope though.

This how I know niggas is hearing the album, but they ain't listening. I'm not finished with the album yet, (I'm on the Damian Marley track. Flames, btw.) but there is a dope ass message throughout.

The first half of this album is a correlation between our place in society throughout history being at the bottom -- with the bottom being the ocean. From our ancestors jumping ship, to us living there and making the best of the situation. All those songs being ocean/water related. From the production to the bars.

So far it reminds me of Food and Liquor 2 (the message) meets T&Y. The record placement is also flawless.

I'm a big fan of Lupe, but I know how to be objective. This album is dope as fuck so far. I'm on Stack Dat Cheese now. Also flames.

This how I know niggas is hearing the album, but they ain't listening. I'm not finished with the album yet, (I'm on the Damian Marley track. Flames, btw.) but there is a dope ass message throughout.

The first half of this album is a correlation between our place in society throughout history being at the bottom -- with the bottom being the ocean. From our ancestors jumping ship, to us living there and making the best of the situation. All those songs being ocean/water related. From the production to the bars.

So far it reminds me of Food and Liquor 2 (the message) meets T&Y. The record placement is also flawless.

I'm a big fan of Lupe, but I know how to be objective. This album is dope as fuck so far. I'm on Stack Dat Cheese now. Also flames.

Aite since you passed the interlude... did that shit not feel out of place to you?

Man Lupe my nigga but he took this theme concept album from that nigga from Halimton . He is in a rap group called Clipping.
and they already did this concept before. My girl showed me this song months back.

Drogas wave is still dope though.

yo Silver

200.gif

Whatchu mean? The instrumental? Nah. Not really. Reminded me of the themes transitioning on T&Y. He did the same thing there, where the new theme of the album would be preceded by an instrumental to set the tone.

Bet, thanks for answering lol.

Iono.. on T&Y it kinda blended in for me.. this one just felt outa place.. maybe cuz this one was alot longer being almost 4 minutes *shrugs*

Yo this album fucking dope as fuck. Nigga only singing for a whole song on the very first song so idk what niggas is hearing. Other then that ima
Come back in a few days when niggas are talkin bout the music and not goin back and forth bout nothin.

Back