Welcome To aBlackWeb

OUT NOW Lupe Fiasco - Drogas Wave Album Thread

Rate "Drogas Wave"

• Total voters
Goldie wants radio hits like Post Malone joints

This.

Ill post it if i can find it again, but Lupe did a long video about his mental space now and how his faith has pushed him to a state of being completely about building. Basically sayin he understands his platform and and the influence music has, especially on the youth. So he is now making music soley to uplift and his focus is on his people first, but to make music everyone can realte to in some way.

To me he was saying he aint worried about sales but is using his talent to do "good" from his platform. But i still think his ego gets to him sometimes and he is envious of some of the rappers he feels he's better than that are doing what he is.

Last edited by a moderator:
This.

Ill post it if i can find it again, but Lupe did a long video about his mental space now and how his faith has pushed him to a state of being completely about building. Basically sayin he understands his platform and and the influence music has, especially on the youth. So he is now making music soley to uplift and his focus is on his people first, but to make music everyone can realte to in some way.

To me he was saying he aint worried about sales but is using his talent to do "good" from his platform. But i still think his ego gets to him sometimes and he is envious of some of the rappers he feels he's better than that are doing what he is.

Here it is

This.

YIpdPBk.gif

That bullshit you talkin about doesn't apply. Other than maybe "DNA" and "Loyalty" there wasn't no radio type songs on DAMN. Other than "alright" there wasn't any radio type songs on TPAB. When's the last time Cole went out and purposely made a radio song? Good music is good music and Lupe doesn't know how to make it.

And miss me with the fake ass deep shit "he's talkin about the atlantic slave trade". Idgaf if the nigga was talkin about the first time maya angelou sold pussy, the music sucks.

You can literally make any song deep. For example.

Bizzare's new diss to Budden and Jay Elect.

"yo this shit's deep. Bizzare dissed Budden and Jay Elect and they're both virgos and the virgo sign is a M
23a9b8d51f2b70c03babac486fde5ed4.png

U get it? M = EM . Yo Bizzare's the Goat.

200.gif

That line's becoming old fam. Just say u have no rebuttal and keep it moving.

this nigga goldie a trip

how in tf he leave off the fucking first single from DAMN that was featured everywhere but dont consider it a single

542M+ views and its not a radio song?

That line's becoming old fam. Just say u have no rebuttal and keep it moving.
b/c you being disingenuous af right now

if kendrick or cole does something conceptual, you think its a masterpiece

if Lupe does it, then he reaching or you try to deduce it as being simple

this nigga goldie a trip

how in tf he leave off the fucking first single from DAMN that was featured everywhere but dont consider it a single

542M+ views and its not a radio song?

U caught me, I forgot a song. What about the other 10?

YIpdPBk.gif

That bullshit you talkin about doesn't apply. Other than maybe "DNA" and "Loyalty" there wasn't no radio type songs on DAMN. Other than "alright" there wasn't any radio type songs on TPAB. When's the last time Cole went out and purposely made a radio song? Good music is good music and Lupe doesn't know how to make it.

And miss me with the fake ass deep shit "he's talkin about the atlantic slave trade". Idgaf if the nigga was talkin about the first time maya angelou sold pussy, the music sucks.

You can literally make any song deep. For example.

Bizzare's new diss to Budden and Jay Elect.

"yo this shit's deep. Bizzare dissed Budden and Jay Elect and they're both virgos and the virgo sign is a M
23a9b8d51f2b70c03babac486fde5ed4.png

U get it? M = EM . Yo Bizzare's the Goat.

200.gif

:cont:

Did you watch the video tho?

b/c you being disingenuous af right now

if kendrick or cole does something conceptual, you think its a masterpiece

if Lupe does it, then he reaching or you try to deduce it as being simple

That's not what i'm saying tho. If it's a dope concept album cool, but the music comes first. If the MUSIC on GKMC wasn't good, i would give 2 fucks about the concept of the album. I would give 2 fucks about American Gangster if the music wasn't good. I don't know how this is hard to understand lol.

U caught me, I forgot a song. What about the other 10?
how many singles does an album need in your opinion

your whole stance was that Kendrick hasnt had any radio songs outside of a couple when that's just not true

when somebody suggests that maybe Lupe just dont care about sales then you say its a cop out b/c he not an artist that charts high

Back