Welcome To aBlackWeb

Looking back at it...Was Florida from Good Times a coon, a lost soul or misinformed?

Obviously she felt that way b/c that's how she was raised and what was instilled in her. It also exposes the fact that she wasn't a true Christian.

B/c TRUE Christians...especially my black folks...can recite that verse verbatim without having to look it up. Ask one of them was Jesus black. Lol.

I always felt that Willona should've been their mother instead of Florida. Thelma and Willona had a slight resemblance. Florida should've played the neighbor

Naw...Willona was out in them streets...hittin the clubs...enjoying the single life. Lol

Florida Evans was the typical lost misguided, mislead, miseducated black Christian. She was the perfect example of what 400 years of European Christianity has done to our people. She was content with being poor, ignorant and helpless. James was made out to be the angry black man because he refused to accept poverty and the conditions in which his family lived. Florida was the good Christian wife who at the end of every episode got James back on track by getting him to accept his role as head of a poor black family who needed to come to grips with the fact that as a man he was ultimately powerless to do anything about it and if he would just "wait on Jesus" things would work themselves out. Smh

Florida was an absolute coon. People talk about JJ but Florida Evans was the worst coon of the show. In the end Florida's character dominated the show and her smiling, go along to get along, poor, ignorant and ultra happy negro Christian demeanor ultimately defined the Evans family. In real life James' character was killed off because John Amos refused to be a stereotype. Then the Florida Evans character and all of her misguided happy and smiling christianized negro bullshit took over.

The friction between James' undying and unyielding desire to be a man and improve his family's conditions and Florida's nonstop attempts to emasculate him and force him to be a "good Christian man" has been going in black Amerikkan families for centuries. That's why you hardly see any black men in church today and the few you see are either hustlers or homos. Black men have been fighting this european Christian bullshit for half a millennium now but the christianized black Amerikkan woman is all in with this shit. The friction between Jame's manhood not allowing him to accept the crap that society has thrown at him and Florida's nonstop white folks approved christianized happy go lucky negro bullshit is real. This conflict exist in black households throughout this nation.

Michael would try to enlighten her but then just as now the mere thought of exposing a black Christian to any level of truth and knowledge about themselves and the world is seen as blasphemy and is met with immediate and severe resistance. It then becomes the responsibility of the black Christian to prove the virtue of their Christian faith by defending their ignorance and forcibly pushing back against anyone or anything who questions it. It's kind of their way of reaffirming their allegiance to the racist, demonic, sick and twisted white christian society that created the conditions of ignorance and poverty that they find themselves stuck in.

Florida Evan's was the perfect embodiment of the christianized amerikkkan negro. She was the happy christianized negro that white slave owners would point to as justification of slavery. Florida Evan's was s coon of epic proportions.
Bro I'm going to need to repost this GOAT level analysis.

"I used to wonder why people don't believe in themselves and then I saw the way they portray us to everyone else

They cursed us to only see the worst in ourselves, blind to the facts the whole time, we were hurtin ourselves"
yet when i say we can do better....im the white mans bootlicker.

Florida Evans was the typical lost misguided, mislead, miseducated black Christian. She was the perfect example of what 400 years of European Christianity has done to our people. She was content with being poor, ignorant and helpless. James was made out to be the angry black man because he refused to accept poverty and the conditions in which his family lived. Florida was the good Christian wife who at the end of every episode got James back on track by getting him to accept his role as head of a poor black family who needed to come to grips with the fact that as a man he was ultimately powerless to do anything about it and if he would just "wait on Jesus" things would work themselves out. Smh

Florida was an absolute coon. People talk about JJ but Florida Evans was the worst coon of the show. In the end Florida's character dominated the show and her smiling, go along to get along, poor, ignorant and ultra happy negro Christian demeanor ultimately defined the Evans family. In real life James' character was killed off because John Amos refused to be a stereotype. Then the Florida Evans character and all of her misguided happy and smiling christianized negro bullshit took over.

The friction between James' undying and unyielding desire to be a man and improve his family's conditions and Florida's nonstop attempts to emasculate him and force him to be a "good Christian man" has been going in black Amerikkan families for centuries. That's why you hardly see any black men in church today and the few you see are either hustlers or homos. Black men have been fighting this european Christian bullshit for half a millennium now but the christianized black Amerikkan woman is all in with this shit. The friction between Jame's manhood not allowing him to accept the crap that society has thrown at him and Florida's nonstop white folks approved christianized happy go lucky negro bullshit is real. This conflict exist in black households throughout this nation.

Michael would try to enlighten her but then just as now the mere thought of exposing a black Christian to any level of truth and knowledge about themselves and the world is seen as blasphemy and is met with immediate and severe resistance. It then becomes the responsibility of the black Christian to prove the virtue of their Christian faith by defending their ignorance and forcibly pushing back against anyone or anything who questions it. It's kind of their way of reaffirming their allegiance to the racist, demonic, sick and twisted white christian society that created the conditions of ignorance and poverty that they find themselves stuck in.

Florida Evan's was the perfect embodiment of the christianized amerikkkan negro. She was the happy christianized negro that white slave owners would point to as justification of slavery. Florida Evan's was s coon of epic proportions.
one of the best posts i read on here......it it still rings true.

alot of people on this site dont see themselves as better than where they are because they are content with where they think they are at.

my grandma had that same pic of cac jesus in her house for my entire life. matter of fact that shit is still hanging there to this day. she was born in 1929 so you could make the argument that she didnt know any better back then. that may be true. but the problem isnt that she didnt know. the problem is that she didnt learn. my beloved grandmother is 89 years and she is just as ignorant about her faith today as she was back then. in all these years she has yet to learn anything. im not saying this to embarrass my grandmother whom i love deeply. im stating a fact that highlights how much christianity has failed us as a people.

christianity was beaten into us by the hands of the most demonic people this planet has ever seen. two of the core tenants of the african american christain experience was that we had to accept christ as our lord and saviour and under no circumstances were we allowed to read. a slave caught reading was cause for immediate death. the end result was that christianity was forced onto us and we were denied the tools to properly understand it so we didnt. master would allow the slaves to work less on sunday as long as they went to church. when they went to church they had to listen to master preach to them about being a good slave and obeying their masters. eventually master got smart and appointed his hand picked servant as the plantation preacher. the problem was none of the slaves, including the hand picked servant that master picked to be the preacher could read. none of them knew what was in the bible. master told the plantation preacher what to say and he said it every freaking week. the end result was that pure, unadulterated spiritual ignorance was pumped into the minds and hearts of our people for generations. the slaves depended on people to read the bible to them because the good christian white people who held them in bondage forced ignorance on them and purposely denied them the ability to read. they were intentionally made deaf, dumb and blind and left to languish in their christian imposed ignorance.

as a result ignorance was at the heart of the african american christian experience. for generations the illiterate slaves were told what Christ said because they could not read the words themselves. a tradition of other people telling us what christ said and did was born. that tradition of depending on other people to tell us what the bible said was born on the plantation out of ignorance. but as time went on that tradition remained. even after black people were allowed to read and even went to christian colleges most black folks still would not pick of the bible and read it for themselves. they were content to go church every sunday and let pastor tell them what the bible said. over time pastor replaced master but the ignorance of the people remained the same. then just as today pastor took full advantage of the inherent ignorance of black christians just as master had done on the plantation centuries ago.

the end result was that the masses of black christians were as ignorant about Christ and christanity as they were about astrophysics and rocket science. even though they went to church every sunday they had no clue what the bible actually said. if florida evans had actually picked up a bible and read it she would have known that Jesus wasnt a cracker. she wouldnt have had to depend on her elementary school aged son to tell her what she should have already known.

florida evans was wrong on two counts and didn't know it. not only does the bible make it clear that Jesus was black, that same bible also says that its a sin to have any graven images of God yet christians all over the world have pictures of Christ hanging in their churches and homes. not only was she wrong for praying to a picture of white jesus but she was wrong for having a picture of Jesus period. she was just to ignorant to know it. all she had to do was pick up her bible and read it but she wasnt taught to do that.

reading the bible was not something black christians were ever expected to do. the plan was that people who never had their best interest at heart would read it to them. ignorance was always the final destination for the masses of african american christians. florida evans and millions of other black christians were intentionally made ignorant. there wasnt much the slaves could do about it on the plantation but there was no excuse for the florida evans' of the world to be that ignorant in the 1970s. and unfortunately they are just as ignorant today. my mother who graduated from morris brown college which is a methodist hbcu, didnt know that the 2nd commandment forbade her from having graven images of Christ in her house. i had to explain that to her and my grandmother. i literally had to blow the dust off the bible and read the 2nd commandment to them. both of them claim to be devout christians but neither one of them knew that basic fact. i had to read and explain it to them and i left the church years ago.

spiritual enlightenment and knowledge were never intended to be a part of the african american chrsitian experience. if you go to any random black church anywhere in amerikkka odds are you will hear a lot hooping, hollering, screaming, singing, yelling and all out niggerdom. the one thing you wont hear is spiritual education or enlightenment. it was inevitable for the black church to become the hellhole of dysfunction that it is today. the black church was born out of ignorance so that's all it could be ever become.

florida evans, like my grandmother, only did what she was trained to do. christianity was passed onto them by their parents who didn't know any better and couldn't understand it. chrisitanity was passed onto their parents by people who had it beaten into them by europeans who clearly didn't understand it. either way the christianity that was given to us on the plantation and is still practiced to this day was rooted in violence, hatred and ignorance. half a millennium later the masses of black christians are just as ignorant about christianity as they were when the first slave prayed to white jesus. christianity was built upon ignorance and can not exist without the ignorant. therefore christianity continues to create more and more ignorant people generation after generation. that is the only way that religion of hatred and violence can continue to exist.

Last edited:
Back