Welcome To aBlackWeb

Looking back at it...Was Florida from Good Times a coon, a lost soul or misinformed?

Do black and people of color refuse to embrace our greatness even when we see the truth in front of our eyes? I chose that Good Times scene because at the time it was controversial but fast forward to now. Do we/you take pride in your/our history?

I think too many people want to live off greatness they had no part in...instead of creating their own greatness

Michael showed her the description in the bible and she still wanted cac jesus up there....

tenor.gif

She a gat damn coon

Florida Evans was the typical lost misguided, mislead, miseducated black Christian. She was the perfect example of what 400 years of European Christianity has done to our people. She was content with being poor, ignorant and helpless. James was made out to be the angry black man because he refused to accept poverty and the conditions in which his family lived. Florida was the good Christian wife who at the end of every episode got James back on track by getting him to accept his role as head of a poor black family who needed to come to grips with the fact that as a man he was ultimately powerless to do anything about it and if he would just "wait on Jesus" things would work themselves out. Smh

Florida was an absolute coon. People talk about JJ but Florida Evans was the worst coon of the show. In the end Florida's character dominated the show and her smiling, go along to get along, poor, ignorant and ultra happy negro Christian demeanor ultimately defined the Evans family. In real life James' character was killed off because John Amos refused to be a stereotype. Then the Florida Evans character and all of her misguided happy and smiling christianized negro bullshit took over.

The friction between James' undying and unyielding desire to be a man and improve his family's conditions and Florida's nonstop attempts to emasculate him and force him to be a "good Christian man" has been going in black Amerikkan families for centuries. That's why you hardly see any black men in church today and the few you see are either hustlers or homos. Black men have been fighting this european Christian bullshit for half a millennium now but the christianized black Amerikkan woman is all in with this shit. The friction between Jame's manhood not allowing him to accept the crap that society has thrown at him and Florida's nonstop white folks approved christianized happy go lucky negro bullshit is real. This conflict exist in black households throughout this nation.

Michael would try to enlighten her but then just as now the mere thought of exposing a black Christian to any level of truth and knowledge about themselves and the world is seen as blasphemy and is met with immediate and severe resistance. It then becomes the responsibility of the black Christian to prove the virtue of their Christian faith by defending their ignorance and forcibly pushing back against anyone or anything who questions it. It's kind of their way of reaffirming their allegiance to the racist, demonic, sick and twisted white christian society that created the conditions of ignorance and poverty that they find themselves stuck in.

Florida Evan's was the perfect embodiment of the christianized amerikkkan negro. She was the happy christianized negro that white slave owners would point to as justification of slavery. Florida Evan's was s coon of epic proportions.

Pretty sure my mother in law got that exact same pic of white jesus in her living room

giphy.gif

Damn skip went off lol

I feel u blood fuck the florida evans character

giphy.gif

Damn skip went off lol

I feel u blood fuck the florida evans character

My sister and I just happened to be talking about this not that long ago. Shit was fresh on my mind lol.

Dope interview about John Amos leaving Good Times

"I used to wonder why people don't believe in themselves and then I saw the way they portray us to everyone else

They cursed us to only see the worst in ourselves, blind to the facts the whole time, we were hurtin ourselves"

christianity was the absolute worst thing that has ever happened to us. we will never be free until we break the bonds of spiritual slavery. you'll never find freedom by praying to your oppressors god.

Do black and people of color refuse to embrace our greatness even when we see the truth in front of our eyes? I chose that Good Times scene because at the time it was controversial but fast forward to now. Do we/you take pride in your/our history?

Well, what many people believed back in those days was hammered into them by white society.

I can imagine that for a black person to say out loud that Jesus was black or non-white; would have evolved into a quick lynching. The 70ā€™s was when black people could speak out loud their true thoughts about the world. So, I donā€™t blame the fictional character of Florida for anything. The show was created by a black man (Michael Evans) to illuminate and educate both black and white masses about black life. It wasnā€™t a documentary.

Michael showed her the description in the bible and she still wanted cac jesus up there....

tenor.gif

She a gat damn coon

A coon is a person who sells out the black community. That wasnā€™t Florida. She was a stickler for old time religion and tradition. The fact that she allowed herself to read the words in the Bible, then actually see herself and her people in a new light (no more white Jesus); shows her growth and leap of faith. Again, this is a fictional character on a series that showcased a loving, tight-knit black family, that struggled overcome old and stereotypical ideas of the time; and not a documentary.

Last edited:
christianity was the absolute worst thing that has ever happened to us. we will never be free until we break the bonds of spiritual slavery. you'll never find freedom by praying to your oppressors god.
Except for neither Jesus or the ancient Jews were white. I donā€™t know why you believed white people when they told you that. Jesus is many, many centuries before King James. And even those translators kept in the part describing God as having hair like wool, and skin the color of bronze.

Many Bible illiterates arenā€™t even acquainted with this Bible passage or what it means:

Matt 2:15 "And [Jesus and His parents were] there until the death of Herod: that it might be fulfilled which was spoken of the Lord by the prophet, saying, Out of Egypt [Africa] have I called my son."

Except for neither Jesus or the ancient Jews were white. I donā€™t know why you believed white people when they told you that. Jesus is many, many centuries before King James. And even those translators kept in the part describing God as having hair like wool, and skin the color of bronze.

Many Bible illiterates arenā€™t even acquainted with this Bible passage or what it means:

Matt 2:15 "And [Jesus and His parents were] there until the death of Herod: that it might be fulfilled which was spoken of the Lord by the prophet, saying, Out of Egypt [Africa] have I called my son."
who the hell told you that i believed anything that white people told us about God? what are you talking about?

I remember the Florida Evans vs Claire Huxtable classic thread. I didn't understand Florida Evans at times. She is the type that'll tell James to donate all of the lottery's earnings because gambling is wrong smdh

Florida Evans was the typical lost misguided, mislead, miseducated black Christian. She was the perfect example of what 400 years of European Christianity has done to our people. She was content with being poor, ignorant and helpless. James was made out to be the angry black man because he refused to accept poverty and the conditions in which his family lived. Florida was the good Christian wife who at the end of every episode got James back on track by getting him to accept his role as head of a poor black family who needed to come to grips with the fact that as a man he was ultimately powerless to do anything about it and if he would just "wait on Jesus" things would work themselves out. Smh

Florida was an absolute coon. People talk about JJ but Florida Evans was the worst coon of the show. In the end Florida's character dominated the show and her smiling, go along to get along, poor, ignorant and ultra happy negro Christian demeanor ultimately defined the Evans family. In real life James' character was killed off because John Amos refused to be a stereotype. Then the Florida Evans character and all of her misguided happy and smiling christianized negro bullshit took over.

The friction between James' undying and unyielding desire to be a man and improve his family's conditions and Florida's nonstop attempts to emasculate him and force him to be a "good Christian man" has been going in black Amerikkan families for centuries. That's why you hardly see any black men in church today and the few you see are either hustlers or homos. Black men have been fighting this european Christian bullshit for half a millennium now but the christianized black Amerikkan woman is all in with this shit. The friction between Jame's manhood not allowing him to accept the crap that society has thrown at him and Florida's nonstop white folks approved christianized happy go lucky negro bullshit is real. This conflict exist in black households throughout this nation.

Michael would try to enlighten her but then just as now the mere thought of exposing a black Christian to any level of truth and knowledge about themselves and the world is seen as blasphemy and is met with immediate and severe resistance. It then becomes the responsibility of the black Christian to prove the virtue of their Christian faith by defending their ignorance and forcibly pushing back against anyone or anything who questions it. It's kind of their way of reaffirming their allegiance to the racist, demonic, sick and twisted white christian society that created the conditions of ignorance and poverty that they find themselves stuck in.

Florida Evan's was the perfect embodiment of the christianized amerikkkan negro. She was the happy christianized negro that white slave owners would point to as justification of slavery. Florida Evan's was s coon of epic proportions.

Bruh...this post...deserves this many...
download.jpeg.jpg

FLorida the only reason they in the projects struggling for so long....James crashed the whip so he wouldnā€™t have to deal w her stupid ass anymore

I always felt that Willona should've been their mother instead of Florida. Thelma and Willona had a slight resemblance. Florida should've played the neighbor

Back