Welcome To aBlackWeb

Added to Calendar: 07-12-24

Enjoyed This way more than I expected I don't know where I will rank this in best horror films this year but it was enjoyable

As I've had time to sit with it.

I DO love this movie. The way they promoted it made it seem like a major horror film, but it turned out more like a thriller/crime film. By no means is that bad, I just thought we were going to get a lot of scares. Few jump scares were good for what they were and they did awesome at making the movie just creepy, but it wasn't the horror film they advertised it to be.

Also just had some gripes as to the decisions in story. I feel like there is a directors cut that needs to be released. A lot of details just weren't fleshed out. I felt like we needed more backstory to longlegs. All we knew is he's some Satanist creep that makes these dolls and the ball in the doll heads somehow possesses the men of the families to kill their families. That's all. Then just other details felt forced a bit. Like, really bitch? Dude lived under your house the whole time and you didn't know? Dude has a car for God's sake. I dunno I need to rewatch it again when it's released, but I feel like they could have added a lot more details and backstory, but maybe the lack of details is what helped with the creepiness.

Despite the gripes it's still a great movie imo and probably the best role I've seen Cage play in years. He was near perfect for it. The other actors did good too.

Nah, this movie was ass cheeks. Relied on atmosphere to carry most of it before a brief glimpse of logic with Blair Underwood that was whisked away. On top of that, how do you have a protagonist that bland? I sat through the whole thing waiting for some sort of payoff, but I told my lady I felt like dipping as soon as ol girl came on screen with the robotic mannerisms.

Last movie where I gave this little fuck about the main character or characters was Alien Covenant. I'm still mad.

Back