Welcome To aBlackWeb

Living together and paying bills.

What's the problem?

You know good and well that.........in most cases like that...........her money wouldn't be used for savings and investments.

Savings and investments..............for her.................maybe.........but not for the household.

You know good and well that.........in most cases like that...........her money wouldn't be used for savings and investments.

Savings and investments..............for her.................maybe.........but not for the household.
......yeeeaaa I know a few couples that disprove this but ima let you rock lol.

Fam what couples do you know where both ppl actually agreed to use 1 income and save the other and it's not being done? What study was conducted that shows that's normal?

Not quite sure what you're asking.

Are you saying it's normal............or are you saying it's not normal.

Not quite sure what you're asking.

Are you saying it's normal............or are you saying it's not normal.
I'm asking if you saying it's normal is based on actual evidence lol.

I'm not saying it doesnt happen, I'm saying in my anecdotal opinion, that when a couple actually sits down and says this is what's gonna happen with the money, it's usually followed. My guess is that when the opposite happens it's because they never had those discussions beforehand.

I'm asking if you saying it's normal is based on actual evidence lol.

I'm not saying it doesnt happen, I'm saying in my anecdotal opinion, that when a couple actually sits down and says this is what's gonna happen with the money, it's usually followed.

My guess is that when the opposite happens it's because they never had those discussions beforehand.

Agreed.

I just think the bolded happens more often than people care to admit.

That's that old school shit lol. Dynamics change as the times change. A man ain't less of a man if his woman bringing her own money to the table in 2019.

Not only do dynamics change but norms change too.

Imo nowadays its normal to expect your spouse to bring their own money to the table.

One thing I look for in my potential wife is that she makes her own money and has her own job. And not only for economic reasons but her having her own life is important. I dont want a woman that needs me, i want a woman that wants me.

Everyone different though.

If that's how you want to live, live your life. If you dont agree with that way, then dont live that way. As long as how you live doesnt hurt someone else emotionally, mentally, physically or spiritually. So simple yet so complex.

This would be ideal but niggas like old dude in the video tend to make grand declarations about "this is what a man does" and you know how niggas get when you challenge their manhood

Also, Ive dated feminist women thay were totally ok with a woman making no money and being a housewife.

Its some radical feminists out there that might be the loud majority as in any movement, but the majority of feminist women that Ive spent time and talked with were all for woman staying at home, they dont think its sexist.

In their belief its about choice. Dont force a woman to be a housewife and hold her to gender roles and at the same time dont force a woman to work and make money. Their issue is society forcing women to bend to whatever it deems is the norm and they think they should have the freedom without the influence of patriarchal society and religious norms.

The majority of feminists have told me its all about a woman being allowed to make their own choice. If she wants to be a housewife, she should be and if she wants to work she should. Long as she has the choice without outside influences.

Also, Ive dated feminist women thay were totally ok with a woman making no money and being a housewife.

Its some radical feminists out there that might be the loud majority as in any movement, but the majority of feminist women that Ive spent time and talked with were all for woman staying at home, they dont think its sexist.

In their belief its about choice. Dont force a woman to be a housewife and hold her to gender roles and at the same time dont force a woman to work and make money. Their issue is society forcing women to bend to whatever it deems is the norm and they think they should have the freedom without the influence of patriarchal society and religious norms.

The majority of feminists have told me its all about a woman being allowed to make their own choice. If she wants to be a housewife, she should be and if she wants to work she should. Long as she has the choice without outside influences.

It's almost 2020.

Nobody's depriving women of their right to choose unless they "choose" to give someone else the power to do so.

Even then, it's still their choice to comply.

Too many feminists act like they're living in the same type of patriarchal society that a woman in Saudi Arabia is.

In which women can't do anything without the permission of their husband, father, brother, or some other male member of their family.

Granted, they are living in a patriarchal society.

However, they don't seem to realize that this patriarchal society benefits them more than it hinders them.

Last edited:
Back