Welcome To aBlackWeb

Live-Action “Little Mermaid” casts Grownish Star Halle Bailey & white folks are mad

I can kinda understand why they are mad because I wouldn't want them to change some fictional characters I hold near and dear to me. But the character is fictional so it isn't all that serious.. lol.

On another note I was watching a Hot 97 video about this and they had a good point about most of the characters being black if they live in the Caribbean. I mean the crab had a Jamaican accent in the cartoon and Jamaica is mostly inhabited by black folks as is most of the islands in the Caribbean. That is really gonna piss White folks off if the cast is mostly black and the villain is white. Lmao

Why are y’all happy about this? Nobody gives a flying fuck about the little mermaid to the point where they would watch the cgi version. Que Disney making Ariel black to stir interest and buzz. Disney doesn’t care enough about the black community to even create an original story or use an actually black princess story. Funny thing is that this will fade in oblivion like black Annie and the wiz

I can kinda understand why they are mad because I wouldn't want them to change some fictional characters I hold near and dear to me. But the character is fictional so it isn't all that serious.. lol.

On another note I was watching a Hot 97 video about this and they had a good point about most of the characters being black if they live in the Caribbean. I mean the crab had a Jamaican accent in the cartoon and Jamaica is mostly inhabited by black folks as is most of the islands in the Caribbean. That is really gonna piss White folks off if the cast is mostly black and the villain is white. Lmao

Be too much like real life for they ass

Back