Welcome To aBlackWeb

OUT NOW Lil Wayne - Tha Carter V

Rate "Tha Carter 5"

• Total voters
I wouldnt be surprised if Wayne was molested by Birdman as a kid.

Prolly why he tried to kill himself as a child and still self medicates

Not even bein funny

Birdman started grooming him at age fuckin 8.

Suicide attempt at age 12.

Raised him to kiss him on the lips. Call him daddy. He "likes niggas too"

Listen to wayne when he speaks about his demons and trauma that he buries in his cup. He tells u himself. Hes not gettin high for fun. Hes tryn forget something terrible.

I have nothing invested in this but why can't it actually be he was looking for attention?

I think it’s a solid album. Much better than his stuff has been in years. Good to see him reclaiming some of his previous form. Better than C4 by light years, but not as good as the first 3.

@Goldie Wayne has 3 classics, you delusional ass nigga?

:hahaha:

Foh, bruh. In what fuckin episode of Black Mirror do you currently reside?

According to Wayne on the Elliot Wilson interview, Drake and Nicki Minaj are his artists.

If I were Drake I'd never sign to YM, I'd have absolutely no reason to at this point. They're prolly signed to that label but at this point aren't obligated to drop albums. Drake said on Scorpion he was a free agent. The way he tours he should go to Livenation and get a similar deal to what Jay got with RocNation. Drake's business is a little different because he runs a production and publishing company so he has to sign writers and producers to make music for other people. Iuno how Livenation would do it but I'm sure there's a way....

Can drake sign to YM just for name only and not get paid by them?

Like basically just rep the team but nothing more nothing less?

Birdman must be mad AF @ all this LOLOL

I hope more shit happen to him. He need to lose everything for what he did to Wayne, Juvie, Fresh, BG and Turk (and everybody after)

Dude is a snake in the biggest way.

Like how you do that shit to Wayne. Dude was loyal to you since a kid and basically kept CM afloat by himself since 2003 when everybody else was gone and took it to the stars just for being so great and you not pay him what he is his

I think it’s a solid album. Much better than his stuff has been in years. Good to see him reclaiming some of his previous form. Better than C4 by light years, but not as good as the first 3.

@Goldie Wayne has 3 classics, you delusional ass nigga?

:hahaha:

Foh, bruh. In what fuckin episode of Black Mirror do you currently reside?

I left you and the other geeks alone in the lupe thread fam, don't force my hand.

I like when geeks call other people geeks but they don't realize they're geeks

I like when geeks call other people geeks but they don't realize they're geeks

EllipticalRigidIberianmole-small.gif

keep thinkin that fam

Says the nigga who just called the soundtrack to spongebob and squidwards underwater life AOTY

giphy.gif

I agree 100% with Wayne having 3 classic albums C1, C2, C3. If I ask every nigga under 25 they say so. The impact of that album was undeniable, A Milli is a classic song. That album marked an era and literally the end of a decade in Hip Hop music in 2009.

Niggas won't agree on it but you're entitled to your opinion. C1 and C2 had the music but didn't have the impact that C3 did. Those are qualitative classics but C3 is a classic IDGAF.

I just turned 26 so I’m still in direct contact with that group. Half the people I deal with say it’s undeniable classic but a lot of them aren’t well versed on older Wayne or hip hop classics in general. From my dealings only a small group of that ”C3 is classic” album group are well versed on that . The other group is of the mindset that C3 is a classic moment in hip hop. The actual product was just good tho in comparison.

I feel there are lot of albums that fall in this category. Black album is like that too imo. That’s why you have a handful of people that say classic then another just as big group say close but no cigar. The hype leading up to and the moment was unforgettable and major to the culture shifting but the product was just really good & not quite on par with their classics.

Back