Welcome To aBlackWeb

There's legit a scene where they show the bullet slo mo enter the chamber and let off and this nigga dodges 2-3 shots.

Like fuck right off.
Alright, so iirc that's not what happened.

1. When the slo-mo scene occurs, Cyrus(Kevin Hart), was running away from dude and slid to the ground. I.e. a moving target

2. Second time dude shot at him Cyrus used someone's suitcase to block the bullets

3. Those were specialized guns and bullets to get past security. I don't think they were as powerful as real guns, still dangerous though

Last edited:
Alright, so iirc that's not what happened.

1. When the slo-mo scene occurs, Cyrus(Kevin Hart), was running away from dude and slid to the ground. I.e. a moving target

2. Second time dude shot at him Cyrus used someone's suitcase to block the bullets

3. Those were specialized guns and bullets to get past security. I don't think they were as powerful as real guns, still dangerous though

That doesn't make it any less ridiculous and ass lol.

eed4870c-f55c-4034-9ec5-ace88eabd632_text.gif

Lacking !!

PRAISE: In LIFT Kevin Hart sidelines his usual comedic antics for a not entirely dramatic role as criminal boss Cyrus.
His team of specialized thieves Camila (Úrsula Corberó) is the pilot, Mi-Sun (Yun Jee Kim) is the hacker, Denton (Vincent D’Onofrio) is the master of disguise, Billy Magnussen as the safecracker, Magnus,who “lift” internationally renowned goods well I can say I liked their methods and motivations. Hart plays cute with with ex lover Abby (Gugu Mbatha-Raw), an Interpol agent who recruits him to take on international criminal who funds terrorism (Jean Reno) from getting his hands on $500 million in gold. I did enjoy Harts and Raws scenes together. There are some fun moments and I did laugh a few times. Some of the action sequences are fun,some truly standout towards the end of the film. There's some charm around the edges of the movie.
I do admire Hart for trying to be the straight man for the most part in this movie.

PROBLEMS: Characters are very undeveloped and basic. The team just says a quip or a line here and there and fist bump. A photograph is supposed to explain how loving a character is. I actually felt bad for the actors in the roles they had.One action sequence is beyond ridiculous and it's not because of how it looks its where it's placed. I mean who in their right mind would set up something that could endanger everything and everyone around them.
As soon as some characters sat down to talk I immediately knew how at least three story threads would play out. The CGI was way off in several scenes. Just to generic for me.

Scale of 1 to 10 a 6

With that said this movie wasn't "bad" per se, it was just run-of-the-mill...unoriginal...soulless if you will. You can tell this was made with Chat GPT. Netflix been making alot of joints like that lately it seems.

Back