Welcome To aBlackWeb

COMMUNITY Let's talk about Spoilers

AP3.0

Cracka free since 2009; Strictly Business 🫱🏿‍🫲
Site Administrator
So, the latest episode of Game of Thrones has sparked some very interesting convos about when should details from shows/movies be discussed after its premiered

on one hand, you have people saying if you dont want to be spoiled, dont go on social media, as this seems to be the norm when discussing "live" tv

otoh, you have people saying, why cant you just not post anything about it for a day or so

where do you side on this discussion?

what's your general practice about spoilers?

I feel the same about tv shows and movies, if you seen it go ahead and talk about it. It's not my responsibility to keep you from being spoiled, which is why I don't understand why you be having two movie threads. Me knowing something isn't going to stop me from watching it, Hustletown spoiled The Act last week but I still watched every episode

i think people who complain about spoilers just wanna complain.

1. it's easy was fuck to avoid spoilers...don't reat
2. spoilers don't really spoil anything. seeing it executed live>> just reading some person's synopsis
3. most shit is taken from literary mediums anyway, so it's already been spoiled in the grand scheme of things

I feel the same about tv shows and movies, if you seen it go ahead and talk about it. It's not my responsibility to keep you from being spoiled, which is why I don't understand why you be having two movie threads. Me knowing something isn't going to stop me from watching it, Hustletown spoiled The Act last week but I still watched every episode

Lmao it’s a well known case bro!

yea, I've never understood people who like knowing how the movie is going to end before they even watch it to see the build up to the end

me personally, i like to be in the moment and when the reveal happens, then i feel like any time commitment or emotional investment I've made was worth it

using the Arya/night king shit as an example, being that I saw it while trying to read something else, now that level of immersion is dampened for me b/c i KNOW its coming, i just dont know when.

I mean, pick any movie thats a psychological thriller that has a great ending...idk how you can say you felt a real connection to it if you already knew what was going to happen

i think people who complain about spoilers just wanna complain.

1. it's easy was fuck to avoid spoilers...don't reat
2. spoilers don't really spoil anything. seeing it executed live>> just reading some person's synopsis
3. most shit is taken from literary mediums anyway, so it's already been spoiled in the grand scheme of things

nigga WHAT??

1. so go and live among monks...got it
2. nigga, I knew before i even watched GoT sunday that Arya killed the night king. Seeing it executed was already ruined b/c i knew it was gonna happen
3. Using GoT as an example, they have been aborted the book storyline and created their own, so how was what happened already spoiled when it was newly created content

nigga WHAT??

1. so go and live among monks...got it
2. nigga, I knew before i even watched GoT sunday that Arya killed the night king. Seeing it executed was already ruined b/c i knew it was gonna happen
3. Using GoT as an example, they have been aborted the book storyline and created their own, so how was what happened already spoiled when it was newly created content

That tweet you posted yesterday of the moment you found out could have easily been scrolled passed since you saw the night king on the tv they were watching

That tweet you posted yesterday of the moment you found out could have easily been scrolled passed since you saw the night king on the tv they were watching
i posted that AFTER i watched the show

that specific tweet didnt show up until later monday

BUT, the caption is what gave the tweet away. Why is it difficult for you to understand that? I didnt have to click the video to see what happened b/c the caption said what happened.

I've never understood people who like knowing how the movie is going to end before they even watch it to see the build up to the end
i don't understand how people feel it's ruined by knowing what's gonna happen..

seeing and reading are two completely different experiences for me...

you could describe something perfectly to me, and i'd still want to see it for myself

i posted that AFTER i watched the show

that specific tweet didnt show up until later monday

BUT, the caption is what gave the tweet away. Why is it difficult for you to understand that? I didnt have to click the video to see what happened b/c the caption said what happened.

But you see the image first, knowing it's a big episode anything I see with the characters will make me not go any further to even read the caption

i don't understand how people feel it's ruined by knowing what's gonna happen..

seeing and reading are two completely different experiences for me...

you could describe something perfectly to me, and i'd still want to see it for myself
me describing an amusement park ride to you isnt the same thing as me telling you what's going to happen at the end of a movie

But you see the image first, knowing it's a big episode anything I see with the characters will make me not go any further to even read the caption

my eyes unfortunately dont work like that and besides, even if i scroll past it, i cant unsee it

Personally I stay away from blogs and social media when something has dropped that I'd like to see but haven't seen it right away.

When a movie drops.. I try to stay offa twitter, facebook and to a lesser extent instagram until i've seen it. It's social media.. after folks see the movie they are going to want to talk about it. So to avoid spoilers I just stay away.. Same applies to threads on here. Why would I walk into the thread after its been released when I haven't seen it? Once you click the thread that's on you.

For TV shows... the same applies pretty much. Especially since people like to live tweet. Have some self control and you won't get spoiled lol

Personally I stay away from blogs and social media when something has dropped that I'd like to see but haven't seen it right away.

When a movie drops.. I try to stay offa twitter, facebook and to a lesser extent instagram until i've seen it. It's social media.. after folks see the movie they are going to want to talk about it. So to avoid spoilers I just stay away.. Same applies to threads on here. Why would I walk into the thread after its been released when I haven't seen it? Once you click the thread that's on you.

For TV shows... the same applies pretty much. Especially since people like to live tweet. Have some self control and you won't get spoiled lol
why is self control only expected to be exercised by people who havent seen it?

why is self control only expected to be exercised by people who havent seen it?

Social media is a place for people to discuss current events and things that interest you and those you follow right?

So why do people act so surprised when folks are discussing one of the largest movie events or largest tv show events of the year?

Don't want to see the discussion? Stay off social media and stay outa the threads about it. Doesn't twitter even have the functionality to where you can mute certain words and phrases?

Why should everyone else refrain from discussing it cuz YOU couldn't see it for the first weekend... or second... or third... lol

Social media is a place for people to discuss current events and things that interest you and those you follow right?

So why do people act so surprised when folks are discussing one of the largest movie events or largest tv show events of the year?

Don't want to see the discussion? Stay off social media and stay outa the threads about it. Doesn't twitter even have the functionality to where you can mute certain words and phrases?

Why should everyone else refrain from discussing it cuz YOU couldn't see it for the first weekend... or second... or third... lol

unless i'm not using the mute feature properly, I thought you could only mute hashtags

the thing is, GoT isnt the only thing going on sunday nights...i follow NBA too, so if i cant see the game, I was using twitter to look at some of my fav bball follows to read whats happening. It just so happens to coincide with GoT, so its not like i can just skip over it

Spoilers ruin the entire show or movie for me. I usually cant even watch movies with detailed plots over again once I have seen what happens. Ppl who they dont bother prob read the last page of a book and then start it lol. Why would you wanna know exactly whats gonna happen? Shit is stupid. I gotta homeboy who cant wait to spoil shit.. We have to boot him from the group chat when something comes out. With that being said. With social media, times have changed and you have to just avoid everything. Esp something as popular as GOT or Marvel movies. You cant even listen to ESPN radio without hearing a spoiler. I got a movie spoiled last year in the comments on IG on a post that had nothing to do with the movie lol. Now I have to see it on the day it comes out or if its a show, watch it live. Otherwise I go off the grid until I see it.. Its sad but its the time we live in. Its no other way.

unless i'm not using the mute feature properly, I thought you could only mute hashtags

the thing is, GoT isnt the only thing going on sunday nights...i follow NBA too, so if i cant see the game, I was using twitter to look at some of my fav bball follows to read whats happening. It just so happens to coincide with GoT, so its not like i can just skip over it

I believe you can mute words AND hashtags.

And I hear ya.. but folks online are assholes and we should all know at this point that after something big has dropped that random assholes will post spoilers in the comments and threads that have absolutely nothing to do with what's being spoiled. We all know this... so why would you even take the chance??

--Edit --

Screenshot 2019-04-30 at 1.11.13 PM.png
https://help.twitter.com/en/using-twitter/advanced-twitter-mute-options

I believe you can mute words AND hashtags.

And I hear ya.. but folks online are assholes and we should all know at this point that after something big has dropped that random assholes will post spoilers in the comments and threads that have absolutely nothing to do with what's being spoiled. We all know this... so why would you even take the chance??

--Edit --

View attachment 129256
https://help.twitter.com/en/using-twitter/advanced-twitter-mute-options
this is DOPE

thanks fam

Back