Welcome To aBlackWeb

Let’s Build

Goldie

Kobe With The Pivot
Site Owner
We all come on here for laughs and to chop it up, but I wanna actually work towards building something productive.

The age old question “What do black people need to do to get ahead” has numerous answers. I wanna see if we can narrow it down to a handful and see how we can work towards it here within our community.

What do you feel are the main things we as a people need to focus on?

Most black people LIKE being mentally enslaved. It removes all accountability for actually taking agency for their lives. They prefer to continue to be mentally e slaves under white supremacy because, at least when you’re a victim, you have some form of worth. It’s easier than doing the work of getting your own self worth on your terms because you might fail.

I said what I said!

Most black people LIKE being mentally enslaved. It removes all accountability for actually taking agency for their lives. They prefer to continue to be mentally e slaves under white supremacy because, at least when you’re a victim, you have some form of worth. It’s easier than doing the work of getting your own self worth on your terms because you might fail.

I said what I said!
Do you have any suggestions towards building?

Hope this thread does numbers.

If y’all can go pages laughing at dead billionaires I assume y’all can provide where those billionaires could have put their money to better use.

Take back our neighborhoods, get the riff raff up outta here. @Sony Montana is right about this but he just goes to an extreme with it.

Stop supporting these Arabs and others who set up stores and start putting ourselves in these places. We shouldn't be helping other mf'ers get wealthy while ignoring our own.

Do you have any suggestions towards building?
I do, but I tapped out of the idea the black community can ever do better cos I just saw so many people accept life as it is and, even worse, try to drag those down who try to climb higher. The latter is what really made me disillusioned because it’s not just that people are too tired or broken to climb, because they still somehow find the energy to drag others down who try to build and make the community better.

I do, but I tapped out of the idea the black community can ever do better cos I just saw so many people accept life as it is and, even worse, try to drag those down who try to climb higher. The latter is what really made me disillusioned because it’s not just that people are too tired or broken to climb, because they still somehow find the energy to drag others down who try to build and make the community better.

It’s crazy you say that, I’ve been meaning to make a thread like this for a while , but what pushed me to do it today is seeing this on Twitter earlier:

IMG_6559.jpeg

Are we really that trash as a people that we’re incapable of building together?

We all come on here for laughs and to chop it up, but I wanna actually work towards building something productive.

The age old question “What do black people need to do to get ahead” has numerous answers. I wanna see if we can narrow it down to a handful and see how we can work towards it here within our community.

What do you feel are the main things we as a people need to focus on?
Black people need to stop being so distracted by shit that doesn’t matter that rules their day to day for one

Second, black people need to support other black people and at the same time black people need to stop hurting other black people because we are the only ones who care about us

It’s crazy you say that, I’ve been meaning to make a thread like this for a while , but what pushed me to do it today is seeing this on Twitter earlier:

View attachment 1116520

Are we really that trash as a people that we’re incapable of building together?
Frantz Fanon said oppression makes people mentally ill. You look at black people objectively and there is a lot of mental illness accepted as normalcy. Until the community is ready to be honest - truly honest - and not just shouting over each other, judging each other, or covering up the wounds with capitalism or religion, the mental illness will continue to fester.

Frantz Fanon said oppression makes people mentally ill. You look at black people objectively and there is a lot of mental illness accepted as normalcy. Until the community is ready to be honest - truly honest - and not just shouting over each other, judging each other, or covering up the wounds with capitalism or religion, the mental illness will continue to fester.

I agree. I think we need a separate thread on the subject of mental illness within our community.

I think we should understand our trauma.
Our history is filled with distrust.

How do we see each other? Why would we want to tear down another black person without taking into consideration what they could have been thru that got them to where they are or why they move how they move.

Do we have enough patience and understanding or willingness to understand to ask the right questions to get that understanding?

My background makes me see things a certain way….but your background is different. Whose way of seeing things is better , if I don’t take the time to understand how the other person see things or Visa versa.
Now we sitting back and judging while others are taking because they can already see past the differences and respect them.

Black people need to stop being so distracted by shit that doesn’t matter that rules their day to day for one

Second, black people need to support other black people and at the same time black people need to stop hurting other black people because we are the only ones who care about us

Since so many of us have social media, when someone posts up their business, we could all just repost it. If it's nearby, check 'em out and buy something or utilize their services if it's something we could use, if not recommend them to people in search of it. We got no problem spending money with the Asian, Indian, or Arab, no matter how they treat us but some kinda way we got issues when it comes to Black folks.

There's a Black owned African/Caribbean market across town. I've stopped in and bought from them and posted it up on my FB page. The woman working there was rather pleasant to talk to and she was helpful with helping me pick out a jerk sauce and curry sauce to try out. The oldest African arts festival in the country (possibly the world) happens in Saginaw, MI every year. I've already posted it up to get folks interested 'cause every year there's always a good number of vendors, all Black owned, that show up from across the country to display their wares. There's Black owned gas stations and party stores in Detroit that we should frequent more than them Chaldean and Arab spots in our neighborhoods and groups like New Era Detroit do their patrols over at those spots as a show of solidarity and to give the patrons a sense of safety.

Do shit like this wherever you live. Recommend spots any time someone from this site is in your area and when those folks get to the crib, post up your experiences on your social media pages. Encourage folks around you to do the same to keep money in our communities.

But on a serious note, I buy football gear that kids can’t fit anymore or that is broken and I fix them and give them to the kids when their parents can’t afford them.

Im in the middle of a career change now so I haven’t been on it like I should for these kids out here

This all I have left. I have another white helmet upstairs in the closet along with 10 practice jersey and 3 practice pants (not pictured, hanging up)

IMG_1764.jpeg

I don’t really like to donate because I rather been hands on with it

I’m not an organization but I like to see my self as something more than my self.

Besides the pads and helmets I have got kids (drip) that there parents couldn’t get or know anything about, brand new things like Nike and UA visors, wrists bands, back plates, and gloves. I supply them boys with Gatorade and max support every practice and games when I was coaching and wasn’t coaching.

I took my son and friends to random 7v7 games this spring and cheer on players because all kids wanna feel like they have folks on their side. After games I tell them to tell the players how good they did and I see all the joy from them kids to get recognition from their peers that’s wasn’t even playing against them. Goes for the cheerleaders too.

We support all the kids.

If y’all really wanna help out this year let me know.

Back