Welcome To aBlackWeb

Poll Legend or Vet: Too Short

Legend or Vet?

• Total voters
Then you;re a vet, not a legend. That's the purpose of this series. There's tons of rappers who been in the game for a long time, they're all not legends, including this nigga.

"he's the face of wyoming" , who gives af.U gotta give me more than "he's the face of the bay" , i could give 2 fucks.

Hey hey hey! No need to bring Mr. Kardashian into this.

It's simple. To me he is a legend like Ice-T because they actually pioneered shit that helped the game move forward and maintain longevity and relevance after the fact.

I listen to Cam and Mos Def somewhat regularly but they didn't pioneer shit or have significant long lasting impact therefore they're not legends.

Then you;re a vet, not a legend. That's the purpose of this series. There's tons of rappers who been in the game for a long time, they're all not legends, including this nigga.

"he's the face of wyoming" , who gives af. U gotta give me more than "he's the face of the bay" , i could give 2 fucks.
stop.gif

It’s like this. Bob Cousy is much more of a legend than say Rondo even though Rondo is/was the superior athlete/player in every way. Beans is nicer than Too Short but Short is more of a legend.

It's simple. To me he is a legend like Ice-T because they actually pioneered shit that helped the game move forward and maintain longevity and relevance after the fact.

I listen to Cam and Mos Def somewhat regularly but they didn't pioneer shit or have significant long lasting impact therefore they're not legends.

What did Too Short pioneer?

It’s like this. Bob Cousy is much more of a legend than say Rondo even though Rondo is/was the superior athlete/player in every way. Beans is nicer than Too Short but Short is more of a legend.

Cousy was a dope ball player and the best/top 5 at a certain time. Too short has never been one of those niggas.

Good try tho sir.

why is cam even in this convo?????

Cam'RON???

horse and carriage???

that nigga wasnt even cool until 30+ lol

I would actually give it to Mos, but I honestly only heard a fraction of his material.....he's dope tho

beans, luda, lupe, etc are big time vets...cant take it from them....but nobody is looking UP to these guys lol.....they came up on the guys we're calling legends today.....the new rappers cant recite one beans or luda line.....see the difference?

Cousy was a dope ball player and the best/top 5 at a certain time. Too short has never been one of those niggas.

Good try tho sir.
Different era, the landscape was different during Too Short’s prime run, when the genre was still regionalized plenty of dope rappers weren’t even getting national play like that so it was hard to gauge who was top 5 overall in the game. It was
about who was the man in your city/region in those days and Short ran the Bay.

Niggas wanna champion for Cam cause of that weak ass Dipshit Dipset "movement"

But wanna shit Too Short being the face of the Bay for damn near 40 yrs.

tenor.gif

Reactions: 1/2
$hort was my dad's favorite rapper......coincidentally my mama hates him lol....says his mouth is just filthy

He also was one of the very first movers and shakers of trunk distribution along with his partner Ant Banks. Everyone from E-40 to Master P and even Jay-Z sold their records out the trunk at one point cause it worked out so well for Too $hort.

"He was one of the first to sell his album out of a mini van"

tenor.gif
And also innovated a rap subgenre on to himself. But of course you conveniently overlooked that. When DMC was claiming to be the king of rock and LL was rockin bells Too $hort was making pimp anthems.

Back