Welcome To aBlackWeb

Poll Legend or Vet: Lauryn Hill

Legend or Vet: Lauryn Hill

• Legend

• Vet

Results are only viewable after voting.
My main argument this whole time has been, niggas are voting 'legend' for niggas who they first heard as kids. Not because of their resume, but because they grew up hearing the name 'Big Daddy Kane' for example. So he's revered in a different light as someone you first heard of when you were an adult.

But if you look at his resume, the niggas yall voting 'Vet' have superior resumes.

Quik, E 40, Pimp C, etc doesn't have 1 album that comes anywhere close to Miseducation, in terms of impact. Let alone The Score. Then when we talk about actual rap skill, the comparison is even more comical.

To answer your last question, I consider everything in totality. Q Tip doesn't have the greatest solo discog, but his work with Tribe makes him a legend, plus his producer work and influence. But if we were solely basing it off solo work, he wouldn't be a legend to me.
Preciate the thorough response

Fwiw this is how I've tried to approach these threads. A lot of these dudes are legends personally to me but I also acknowledge their contributions to hip hop might not have the same weight.

Good talk b

🫱🏿‍🫲🏾

Back