Welcome To aBlackWeb

Legend or Vet: Juvenile

Legend or Vet?

• Total voters
Legend,

Some of his early underground "Soulja Rags/singles" shits on most niggas nation-wide debut albums.

Had dayum near every southern region nigga and some chicks copping soulja rags in 97, Many High schools, and universities college themes/sayings was copied from this dude's songs/lyrics.

Shot 2 of the best videos in the Magnolia Projects, Soulja Rags and Ha with niggas that actually live there.

Had niggas under the poverty lines tie'n soulja rags around their outside mirrors of their cutlasses and box chevys smh, Had niggas tie'n them shits around their necks, heads, wrists ect. Shit became part of your out-fit for niggas in LA and niggas in the city.

Wrote lyrics/song at the age 15 for DJ Jimi, "Where they at" (local rapper in NOLA who in the 90s who was big in the city) Niggas weren't doing shit like that in the South at a age that young, he was the first Wayne and BG rapping grown man talk at a young age and getting shine and respect for it

Had a hit in the city "Bounce for the Juvenile" at 16

Bayou Classic 98, the nigga rocked the Super Dome and dayum near caused a riot because he told everybody to throw up their Soulja Rag, came out with SU Band.

He has just as many hits, maybe more than Nas or any of these so called Legends that folks put up high on their list. Niggas don't understand the hits this dude has in pocket that could jump start shit.

In his Prime, 97-2001, Dude was considered the best rapper in the South at the time, Mystikal gave him a run for that title at the time, or should I state that he was the most talked about rapper. He had folks looking/excited to hear a Juvie verse like bitches getting excited for a good deal on a make-up contour palette

Outshined everybody on every Hot Boys album. Especially on Gruella Warfare. Madam, Stank shit, He was in his own zone in the Summer of 99, the nigga was not playing on that album. Every verse he destroyed, Every one of them shits. Listen to "Respect My Mind" & "Shoot 1st"

Wayne said it was so bad, they knew they had to step their shit up when they knew Juvie would be on the song with them, dude said if Juvie had a bottle of Henny in his hand, he knew shit was about to get dumb ditty in the booth. Juvie would tell them niggas, you better bring yo best shit, cause I'm about to blues shit.

Not only has his cadence been stripped and used by other rappers in the game, by some of the heavy weights in the game, the nigga whole Back that Ass Up song was re-created by 2 chainz and the video was shot down in NOLA smh.

The nigga that would tell you that he was going to get his Reebox for 59.99
Juvie Told niggas "to bet a thousands, shoot a thousands nigga, that aint nothing" that line alone changed the dynamic of dice games down here. Niggas would bet 20 and fade 5 maybe 10 dollars, 20 if you were up and played with the house money, but when Juvie said that shit in his rap, and it was in a tone to let a nigga know, nigga you suppose to be a big dawg, let me see what's happenin wit it, man these niggas lost their dayum mind, that's all niggas started saying smh, "man bet a 100, shoot 100, (niggas aint have a 1,000) but the nigga Juvie gave niggas courage juice to up the fade bets smh. Big Pots, Big Wins.

400 degrees or Soulja Rag, the intro on these two albums are better than some niggas entire 1st 4 songs off their debut albums smh.

Crown that man Juvie a Legend out here... In my eyes he's one

Last edited:
Back That Azz Up did make him the face of New Orleans nationwide. Cash Money and No Limit were then hailed as competing with each other by the media. Luckily they were smart enough not to fall for the bullshit.

They didnt fuck with each other though.

They all from Uptown (except Fresh) but never did tracks together. Weird

Back That Azz Up did make him the face of New Orleans nationwide. Cash Money and No Limit were then hailed as competing with each other by the media. Luckily they were smart enough not to fall for the bullshit.

Nah.

At best he shared that title w/ P & maybe Mystical.

I would also say by late 99 Wayne was up there too. Broads I went to school loved that nigga.

I see I gotta start some shit and throw bullets

97-2003, What rapper in the Southern Region was hotter than Juvie not named Mystikal at the time when he was in his Prime??

Soulja Rags

400 degrees

G-Code

Get it how you live/Guerrlle Warfare (we can leave those out but the nigga features on both albums kills most niggas radio singles during that time and now)

Project English

That run alone shits on most niggas whole careers, I don't see anybody on the West Coast having a run like that?? Maybe, who??

You can't tell me your DJ at your parties weren't playing songs from off any of those albums

That's what I said tho !!! They were smart enough not to let it become a big problem in the media and fuck up the money where just years prior they had Death Row vs Bad Boy which caused people to die over that shit.

Yeah, I guess that's true. Thinking back on it, this was back when N.O. was the murder capital. It's amazing that 2 labels full of certified street niggas in a city that small didn't result in niggas dying.

That's what I said tho !!! They were smart enough not to let it become a big problem in the media and fuck up the money where just years prior they had Death Row vs Bad Boy which caused people to die over that shit.

They didnt let it bubble up because it was real niggas that was with the shit on both side.

Say what you want bout Cash Money, but Turk, BG, Juve, Baby and Slim and a few of their folks was really with the shit as well as them boys from NO LIMIT. Lot of Killers on each side

Yeah, I guess that's true. Thinking back on it, this was back when N.O. was the murder capital. It's amazing that 2 labels full of certified street niggas in a city that small didn't result in niggas dying.

Those dudes were kids, P and them were grown men, certified steppers.

Baby & Slim/ Prime, were the only ones with long money, Most of their crew were broke niggas (still pushing weight), where as you had NL niggas (not the rappers, just the niggas that hung around) on a 60 thousand plus, or 6 figure salary a year type of niggas who left the street shits alone or tried to anyway.

Plus NL was never in NOLA, they were mainly in BR or on the road doing shows, C, Slim, (and even P told him not to go back to NO before he got locked would go back to NOLA and be in the city) along with Mac

NL were never in the city like CMR. P told them dudes not to go to NOLA other than to visit family and come back, that's why there was never any real tension

97-2003, What rapper in the Southern Region was hotter than Juvie not named Mystikal at the time when he was in his Prime??

Just solo?

Cuz Kast, Scarface, Master P, Trick Daddy, Nelly( if you count him as southern), Luda.

The last 2 was clearly out shining him by 2000. After 400 & GW juvie started to have beef w/ CM and barely got enough push for G-Code. He came back in 04/05 w/ Nola Clap but dassit.

Just solo?

Cuz Kast, Scarface, Master P, Trick Daddy, Nelly( if you count him as southern), Luda.

The last 2 was clearly out shining him by 2000. After 400 & GW juvie started to have beef w/ CM and barely got enough push for G-Code. He came back in 04/05 w/ Nola Clap but dassit.

Just solo,

Juvie's stats from 97-2003 vs Nelly's 2000 run was better??

G-Code album got its push, they tried to used the same format as they did with 400 degrees singles "U Understand" was made to be like "HA" and that Fire Oscar Myer song" was made out to be like "Back that Ass Up" I just don't think those 2 singles were the better singles to use off the G-Code album for radio and TV. The Man and any other song off that G-Code album should have been the choice of singles off that G-Code album.

Luda came out in 2003, Juvie still had "In My Life" and "Set It Off' along with Slow Motion all in heavy rotation, which was bigger than what Luda did in 03?? Nelly may have had a better 00-02 than Juvie's 00-02 year.

Back