Welcome To aBlackWeb

LeBron James, The Scoring Title, and The Corona Virus

5 Grand

Old School Godfather
A while back I made a thread asking if LeBron James could break Kareem Abdul Jabar's scoring record of 38,387 career points. (it might have been on the IC)

At this point LeBron needs 4,300 points to tie and 4,301 points to beat Kareem's record.

It looked like he was on pace to break the record, but the NBA stopped mid season because of the Corona virus.

He was averaging 2,069 points per season up to 2019. His scoring average from the 2019-2020 season is skewed.

If he can get 2,036 points per season over the next 2 seasons he'll break Kareem's record.

But the problem is there's no guarantee that there will be a basketball season next year.

He's 35 years old so it's all uphill from here.

Screen Shot 2020-07-15 at 9.24.11 AM.png

I think if he doesn't have some crazy type of injury he has a solid 3 maybe 4 years left in the tank, which means he is going to get that record.

The virus is a huge impediment but I honestly think if this bubble situation is completed to it's entirety the NBA as well as other sports leagues will continue on with restrictions just like every other job in this country

I think if he doesn't have some crazy type of injury he has a solid 3 maybe 4 years left in the tank, which means he is going to get that record.

The virus is a huge impediment but I honestly think if this bubble situation is completed to it's entirety the NBA as well as other sports leagues will continue on with restrictions just like every other job in this country

How are they going to have a season next year? The NBA season typically starts towards the end of September or in early October. I don't see a vaccine for the Corona Virus in the immediate future, so IF they play in the arena with no audience, they'd still be rubbing up against each other and touching each other, and letting each other's sweat touch their bodies.

It just doesn't seem safe unless there's a vaccine.

This quarantine might take years.

How are they going to have a season next year? The NBA season typically starts towards the end of September or in early October. I don't see a vaccine for the Corona Virus in the immediate future, so IF they play in the arena with no audience, they'd still be rubbing up against each other and touching each other, and letting each other's sweat touch their bodies.

It just doesn't seem safe unless there's a vaccine.

This quarantine might take years.

A vaccine isn't necessarily guaranteed to be found and that is the sad unfortunate reality we all are facing on planet earth at this moment. All around the world places are slowly starting to open back up and get ready for business with restrictions to try and keep people safe. Folks wearing personal protective equipment, social distancing, and getting regularly tested might be our new normal. We truly don't know how things are going to be moving forward but as you can see everyone world wide is slowly moving forward.

It was already rumors going around that if the bubble situation was a success (I use the word success to mean that they have minimal outbreaks in the bubble and actually crown a champion) the league would take a month or 2 off them restart the new season around Christmas time. They didn't say if the new season would be in a bubble or if it would try to do it in minimally staffed arenas though.

I do believe though that if this bubble situation is somewhat a success the league will try and continue to run

I think LeBron will break it regardless or at the very least try really hard towards the end. It’s gonna be his record to loose & honestly it’ll be the one thing that he can do to separate him when making the GOAT case. I don’t see him winning more than maybe one more ring & his losses in the Finals hurt him.

Last edited:
I think LeBron will break it regardless or at the very least try really hard towards the end. It’s gonna be his record to loose & honestly it’ll be the one thing that he can do to separate him when making the GOAT case. I don’t see him winning more than maybe one more ring & his losses in the Finals hurt him.

Losses don’t matter

it all comes down to how many he win

It’s how many you win. Bruh.

Losing in the finals in losing in the first round is all the same. That’s always was my mindset

it’s a Loss.
I gave you a scenario of 13 trips to the finals and you won 3x

you’re saying you wouldn’t mind that?

I said.

it matter on how many he finish with.
I’m not doing the what if right now

we don’t know what Lebron finishes with so it’s already a Scenario we cannot do anything with but speculate.

And you’re telling me it’s based on how many times you win. Just answer me when I ask you if you go to the finals 13 and a player wins 3 times, is that a blemish?

we don’t know what Lebron finishes with so it’s already a Scenario we cannot do anything with but speculate.

And you’re telling me it’s based on how many times you win. Just answer me when I ask you if you go to the finals 13 and a player wins 3 times, is that a blemish?

Okay. I’ll play

3-13 in the finals in a 20 year career

3-2 in the finals in a 20 year career

What’s the difference?

Nothing. 3 championships

it’s how many you finish with bruh at the end of the day.

Okay. I’ll play

3-13 in the finals in a 20 year career

3-2 in the finals in a 20 year career

What’s the difference?

Nothing. 3 championships

it’s how many you finish with bruh at the end of the day.
So you’re saying a player losing a finals twice and got to 5 finals in his career is the same as a player getting to the finals 16x and losing 13x

thanks

Nah, not to change sports but....

Tom Brady went to the Super Bowl 9X and won 6 of them. That's quite remarkable. Not just that he won 6X, but that he made it to the Super Bowl 9X says something about his career.

Just to contrast,

Joe Montana went to the Super Bowl 4X and won 4X

Terry Bradshaw went to the Super Bowl 4X and won 4X

John Elway went to the Super Bowl 5X and won 2X

Peyton Manning went to the Super Bowl 4X and won 2X

Eli Manning went to the Super Bowl 2X and won 2X

Jim Kelly went to the Super Bowl 4X and lost all 4

In my book John Elway is better than Peyton Manning because even though they both have 2 Super Bowl wins, John Elway went to the Superbowl on more time than Peyton.

Back