Welcome To aBlackWeb

Learning About You

dont go digging....just imagine they're great and keep it like that lol
i imagine they all wild monkey's swinging through vacant houses over east baltimore.....

the expectations for the family that produces slim are very very very low

i imagine they all wild monkey's swinging through vacant houses over east baltimore.....

the expectations for the family that produces slim are very very very low

I shoulda been in this frame lol

Just know u african af
ion speak not one african tongue, i don't rock one african custom....i hold no african traditions to heart...

we are not the same

i copied it in case this happened lol....

pops was adopted so I never knew where he came from growing up....only knew of my mama's side and that stopped at my grand parents ( still dont know anything past them)

with that said I've always had the opinion my family (mama's side) wasnt shit.....not terrible people but not many of them did anything meaningful or are particularly successful in life (in other words just not a cloth ive ever been proud to be cut from).....we're all spread out across the country and barely fw each other

so I would always imagine my dad's side were these tough, smart, organized, well-known and close knit people that i was just detached from, and that I had to find them and take my throne (lmao, kids can dream right?).

fast forward within the last few years he's found all of them and connected us on facebook.......brah.......these are some of the coldest, most ratchet people I've ever met....most are addicts and they all hate each other....nobody can give me a clear story on why my dad and some of the siblings were adopted, and some werent.....and i've gotten hints of sexual abuse history from a couple of the female siblings and my dad as well

needless to say that blew the whole lil idea for me and I immediately felt bad for doubting or wanting to be separate from my mama's side.....they did pretty damn good compared to these folks

with all that Im not really interested in any further digging for history and nationality isnt something im too geeked about.....we're all some weird blend that we dont resemble at all.....my granddad and his sisters were all high yellow w/ black hair so I always wondered what it was but im not submitting blood samples to no online bs

I got some of the same dynamics in my family

All 4 of my grandparents were alcoholics and died before I was born. Most of my dad's brothers and sisters were or still are alcoholics too. Most had like 8-9 kids and damn near all the men fought in the war, did time or some combination of both q. Nobody is educated beyond maybe a 10th grade level

Mom's family was more together, but everyone cool died young or moved outta the bay. I've met maybe 3 or 4 family members on her side.

I used to wish I could meet my family... Until I realized how screwed up everyone was.

Exactly
You african af
Ol babtunde from the block village ass nigga wanna deny some shit
naw i'm from edmondson village, west baltimore...

we put our chicken in boxes, not cages....

I got some of the same dynamics in my family

All 4 of my grandparents were alcoholics and died before I was born. Most of my dad's brothers and sisters were or still are alcoholics too. Most had like 8-9 kids and damn near all the men fought in the war, did time or some combination of both q. Nobody is educated beyond maybe a 10th grade level

Mom's family was more together, but everyone cool died young or moved outta the bay. I've met maybe 3 or 4 family members on her side.

I used to wish I could meet my family... Until I realized how screwed up everyone was.

pretty much....

you get what you get tho

my dad was doing time thru my whole childhood so I always figured he did some gutta shit like robbery or murder....which is bad but respectable if that makes sense....people come back to the hood as kings for shit like that

grew up and found out he was a rock star and a rapist, fml

my dad is a career alcoholic who has abused every person close to him,

when he died, there were less than 20 ppl at the funeral...it lasted 15 mins

i had to work that day....i couldn't make it.....

when he was like 12 he was so bad they put him in one of those boys homes... when he was 16 his moms died, and his dad refused to to go the boys home to get him for the funeral... said all my father did was cause her pain, he didn't need to go...

so he just hates everyone in his family..... his father, his siblings, cousins, he was like fuck everybody....

and they was like fuck him...

i have no desire to know any of these people.....they reach out every now n then. i inthk a few are friends on facebook,.

but i don't care about them people man.....them niggaz interst me on no level

So the moral of this thread is...

If you ever wondered why @1/2 @King Du or myself ever had an issue with drugs, anger or a senseless attraction to the streets, now you know!

The conspiracy theorist in me NH won't let me take a DNA test. I don't trust them and I know they're up to something so I'll never do that.

I do know lot about my mom side of the family though. Some historian wrote about about that side of my family because my great grandma was a descendant of white dude that was popular in the 1800's. He interviewed the family learned a lot about the cracka

Yeah im the same way. I really wanna know about my pops side because my grandfather didnt know his pops so i can only go back on generation through my paternal lineage and he was given my great grandmothers last name.

But i dont trust these companies enough yo willingly give out my dna.

Any of yall ever fuck with this joint here?

http://www.africanancestry.com/home/

Supposed to be more detailed compared to ancestry when it comes to where your line traces back to Africa specifically

Yea bruh. I did mine 12 years ago. It's pretty interesting, it tells you the origin of your chromosomal DNA, on your fathers father side, and mothers mother side.

Keep in mind this makes up a pretty small portion of ones DNA but it's far more specific than tests from any of the other sites, is black focused and doesn't sell your genetic data

I got a lot of questions that will probably remained unanswered.

My mother's father died before I was born. I don't really know anyone on that side of the family although I'm sure I met some of them when I was a kid.

My father's father also died before I was born. However, I grew up with both of his parents and all of us are named after my great grandfather (grandfather, my pops, me, and my son). I know my great grandfather was originally from the south, but I'm not sure where. He migrated to Saginaw, MI because there were plenty of jobs working in the GM plants. I know there was Native in his bloodline, but he never really spoke about it. My great grandmother also had Native blood and, like my great grandfather, never really spoke much about it but you could see it in both of them. On my mother's side they're all from Texas. I still have a shitload of family in the DFW area that I haven't met and from what I've heard the family is absolutely HUGE. I did grow up seeing my mother's aunt's and uncle though and IIRC, her aunt Bessie is still alive but she gotta be pushing close to 100. Moms did a family tree on that side and I have it around here somewhere, but I know if you go back far enough there's white, Black, and Native sprinkled all through that side of the family. There's enough white in the family that when I was little I actually thought my grandmother WAS white 'cause she was so damned light and had thin lips and all that. One of my sisters had a cousin reach out to her and they've been cool ever since. They came out to Vegas last summer so I've at least met one of our cousins on that side.

My grandmother, my father's mother, was born on the reservation in Yuma, AZ and adopted by a Black family in Saginaw, MI. I haven't met any of her blood family yet, I kept missing her younger brother when he would come to town. My brother made his way to the reservation and met some of the family out that way.

I wouldn't mind finding more of my family, but I ain't finna give up my DNA to do it.

I did it with my grandma. We got them white folks in our family and Mexican on my mama side down the line. On my daddy side, it’s some white down the line too.

Back