Welcome To aBlackWeb

landlords upset they cant exploit renters during covid 19

Sooner or later you're gonna have to pay your rent and that's all it is to it.

I'm hoping this shit does lead to a housing adjustment. Housing cost in ATL is fucking ridiculous!!! Atlanta was always known for having affordable housing up until recently. That's one of the main reasons this has been one of the fastest growing cities in the country over the past 50 years. But mortgage and rent has skyrocketed down here. Hopefully this renters moratorium bullshit and the cluster fuck that it's about to lead to will bring housing prices back to where they're supposed to be.

It's not wanting tenants to pay rent. It's a cluster fuck of things that lead to rent prices being higher than they more than likely need to be. Like there's no reason someone should be paying 2k+/month for a 900 Sq ft apartment yet that's considered "a steal" depending on where you're at.

Also as has been stated landlords either putting language into the leases that basically trap a tenant into being responsible even if they no longer live there or not even doing basic upkeep on the property yet holding the tenant responsible for shit. Alot of landlords aren't these "woe is me" cases they're making themselves out to be. They were taking advantage of a system that is now being broken down to no longer benefit them

Fam, they done drove up the rental prices out here so fuckin high the average family with two working adults here in Vegas can't afford to actually live in Vegas. The median income for a family with two working adults is roughly $55k a year, but right now you can't find a 3 bedroom house for less than $1800-$1900 a month and 4 bedrooms start at $2000 in a cracked out, crime riddled ghetto. Nobody can afford this shit at all and the housing prices are so fuckin ridiculous even manufactured homes are $150k-$170K to start in fucked up areas. Those same houses would have been around $60k-$70k a few years ago.

Sooner or later you're gonna have to pay your rent and that's all it is to it.

I'm hoping this shit does lead to a housing adjustment. Housing cost in ATL is fucking ridiculous!!! Atlanta was always known for having affordable housing up until recently. That's one of the main reasons this has been one of the fastest growing cities in the country over the past 50 years. But mortgage and rent has skyrocketed down here. Hopefully this renters moratorium bullshit and the cluster fuck that it's about to lead to will bring housing prices back to where they're supposed to be.

not an adjustment, it's going to collapse.

... Spectacularly.

And I can't fuckin wait.

I don't get how landlords are bad for wanting tenants to pay rent. How are they exploiting people?

They aren't. No one has ever said that landlords are bad for wanting tenants to pay. It's deeper than that bruh. Again, we're talking about people not being able to pay because of a pandemic and landlords not just wanting to kick them out but also go after them for backpay of rent that they couldn't make because of an act of God. That's fucked up.

Having to make a certain much time live in a place makes sense.

I wish I could live in a cheap ass apartment.

But I would have been taking cheap housing away from somebody else.
We all talk about folks deserve housing so it’s good for the folks that don’t make as much.

They aren't. No one has ever said that landlords are bad for wanting tenants to pay. It's deeper than that bruh. Again, we're talking about people not being able to pay because of a pandemic and landlords not just wanting to kick them out but also go after them for backpay of rent that they couldn't make because of an act of God. That's fucked up.
But the bills don’t stop for the landlords either

think about like this say the lease agreement was that the landlord covered utilities
No matter what happens the landlord still has to cover utilities
Say he uses the rent money to cover utilities now because they can’t or choose not to pay rent due to Covid the landlord has to cover expenses out of his own pockets without any income

how is that fair to the landlord...the same way the mortgage and utilities companies will be coming for their money ....the landlord needs to do the same

But the bills don’t stop for the landlords either

think about like this say the lease agreement was that the landlord covered utilities
No matter what happens the landlord still has to cover utilities
Say he uses the rent money to cover utilities now because they can’t or choose not to pay rent due to Covid the landlord has to cover expenses out of his own pockets without any income

how is that fair to the landlord...the same way the mortgage and utilities companies will be coming for their money ....the landlord needs to do the same

We're not talking about fair or unfair man. It's not fair for anyone that a pandemic came along and fucked everything up for everyone.. What you're saying might be fair reasoning for why landlords should be allowed to kick tenants out eventually, but it's not good reasoning for why landlords should be able to go after people who may have already lost their businesses because of the pandemic to try and take everything else they have. Again, the tenants in many cases have already taken major losses because of the pandemic. Why shouldn't landlords have to take losses too?

Not to mention that a lot of the reason why some of these landlords are in such bad positions is because they didn't want to work with tenants early on and the tenants wounds up getting crushed. Some landlords did try to help out the tenants and those tenants survived through the pandemic and were able to return to generating sales and payments to the landlords.

We're not talking about fair or unfair man. It's not fair for anyone that a pandemic came along and fucked everything up for everyone.. What you're saying might be fair reasoning for why landlords should be allowed to kick tenants out eventually, but it's not good reasoning for why landlords should be able to go after people who may have already lost their businesses because of the pandemic to try and take everything else they have. Again, the tenants in many cases have already taken major losses because of the pandemic. Why shouldn't landlords have to take losses too?

Not to mention that a lot of the reason why some of these landlords are in such bad positions is because they didn't want to work with tenants early on and the tenants wounds up getting crushed. Some landlords did try to help out the tenants and those tenants survived through the pandemic and were able to return to generating sales and payments to the landlords.

There s also the fact that a lot of tenants who went back to work and could afford to get back to paying said fuck it we are just not going to

I see what u saying but this issue goes from the top to the bottom and the only ppl that are asked to hold shit are the landlords/ homeowners who are in the middle of that pile

I have yet to see a mortgage company discuss forgiving unpaid payments due to the pandemic albeit they ll approve forbearance they eventually coming for all that

so if as a landlord/property owner this is your not so distant future....whyshould it stop w u

There s also the fact that a lot of tenants who went back to work and could afford to get back to paying said fuck it we are just not going to

I see what u saying but this issue goes from the top to the bottom and the only ppl that are asked to hold shit are the landlords/ homeowners who are in the middle of that pile

I have yet to see a mortgage company discuss forgiving unpaid payments due to the pandemic albeit they ll approve forbearance they eventually coming for all that

so if as a landlord/property owner this is your not so distant future....whyshould it stop w u

Mortgage companies are different though. They aren't forgiving payments, but they did shift those payments to allow for the situation. Landlords can't do the same exact thing.

I'm not saying that landlords shouldn't be able to recoup anything or shouldn't be allowed to go after scamming tenants. They just shouldn't be running around acting like they shouldn't have to take a loss during the pandemic when everyone else is losing, and they shouldn't be trying to use the circumstances as a come up.

Mortgage companies are different though. They aren't forgiving payments, but they did shift those payments to allow for the situation. Landlords can't do the same exact thing.

I'm not saying that landlords shouldn't be able to recoup anything or shouldn't be allowed to go after scamming tenants. They just shouldn't be running around acting like they shouldn't have to take a loss during the pandemic when everyone else is losing, and they shouldn't be trying to use the circumstances as a come up.
I agree as long as the burden is shared amongst all parties

Landlords think their special but they are not. They just had good enough credit to get a bank to give them a loan, and are having others work and pay it back. Nothing is special about that.

Cant pay back your loan get a job.

It’s a race Jones thread

it’s not supposed to make sense

if you own property and rent it or make money then race dont like you

1a6d6fdc919ee8267acf0be826a14a9e.gif

She prolly hates my guts.

Landlords think their special but they are not. They just had good enough credit to get a bank to give them a loan, and are having others work and pay it back. Nothing is special about that.

Cant pay back your loan get a job.

Being a landlord IS a job.
Having good credit to get that kind of loan IS something special.

Being a landlord IS a job.
Having good credit to get that kind of loan IS something special.

Yes and no. You can acquire property and then get a property management company to run it for you so that you're basically doing nothing but collecting profit, so it's not always a job in the strictest sense.

Property like other wealth is often inherited or gained by people in advantageous positions. It's not always about having good credit.

Yes and no. You can acquire property and then get a property management company to run it for you so that you're basically doing nothing but collecting profit, so it's not always a job in the strictest sense.

Property like other wealth is often inherited or gained by people in advantageous positions. It's not always about having good credit.
Lmao.

just stop

Back