Welcome To aBlackWeb

La. representative proposes bill to allow pregnant mothers to collect child support

AP3.0

Cracka free since 2009; Strictly Business 🫱🏿‍🫲
Site Administrator

U.S. Rep. Mike Johnson (R-LA) introduced the Unborn Child Support Act. The bill would give mothers the ability to receive child support payments while they are pregnant.

“Life begins at conception, and this bill is a straightforward first step towards updating our federal laws to reflect that fact. We are hopeful that Democrats will join this bicameral effort to provide mothers with child support payments while their child is in the womb,” said Rep. Johnson.

The Unborn Child Support Act allows a court, in consultation with the mother, to award child support payments while the child is still in the womb and retroactively up to the point of conception as determined by a physician.

The bill provides flexibility for mothers who do not want involvement of the father by not requiring those mothers to receive child support. It also mandates that all paternity tests be at the discretion of the mother and not be conducted if the test would put the child at risk.

@AP2.5

So if a woman says such and such is the father the state just rolls with that and put the man on CS since the paternity test is at the "discretion of the mother"?

well, ofc one of my group chats is overreacting. This is a proposal and wont be heard until next session. I dont remember the dates they have to have bills filed but I wont be able to read the digest until that time

To your point, thats a fair question which is why im telling them to wait until the bill is actually filed.

What i've learned in my time in state govt is that a lot of these dudes file bullshit to fulfill their quota. They know its not gonna make it out of the committee its assigned to. This sounds like one of these bills cause there has to be something in place to prevent people from abusing it

Yeah I didnt see any language in there about if it turns out the child is not the dudes who had to pay the child support or what recourse he may have if shit turns out to be fraudulent

I feel this has something to do with it too.

I still find it crazy they get a cut of it
ofc

they're gonna probably try to create a system or something and charge a processing fee for using it like they do for child support transactions that have to go through them

It's like they're trying to add extra incentive

And people will also downplay this as well as something not that serious. It's interesting to see the wild shit people are trying to pass now that many on the pro-life side said would never happen. Those folks are oddly silent now

Lol this is the worst timeline to be fucking lol.

Lol, if I was a young man, I wouldn't be fucking shit in America.

As if the economy and the employee/manufacturing shortages weren’t enough..

Back