Welcome To aBlackWeb

KRS One Says LL Cool J Would Not Survive In A Verzuz Battle

Off topic a bit but who's fucking with New Edition/BBD in a battle of groups?

giphy.gif

KRS One doesnt even have 20 hits that people know to do a verzuz. Its gunna be like Nelly when he played shit he only knew.

I wouldn't say that.

KRS had a pretty long run himself.

He was still popping in the Big and Pac era in like 97 or so.

KRS got some shit

Loves gotta get cha is automatic round for KRS and Bridge is Over

KRS One doesnt even have 20 hits that people know to do a verzuz. Its gunna be like Nelly when he played shit he only knew.

Yeah it depends on your age and coast. I'm in my 40s and from the East coast. KRS mos def has 20 hits that people like me know, but I think LL is more well known in the other 49 states.

South Bronx
The Bridge Is Over
Super Ho
Criminal Minded
9MM Goes Bang
My Philosophy
Jimmy
Stop The Violence
I'm Still Number One
Why Is That
You Must Learn (original or remix)
Love's Gonna Get Ya
Black Cop
Sound Of The Police
Outta Here
Ah Yeah
MCs Act Like They Don't Know
The MC
A Friend
Step Into A World

^^^^^ If you're from the East coast and above 35 years old that's an indestructible playlist. The problem is that people from the South, Midwest, and West Coast might not see it the same way.

Also songs he appeared on;

Moshitup
Self Destruction
1,2 Pass It
Mad Ism
Classic

Yeah it depends on your age and coast. I'm in my 40s and from the East coast. KRS mos def has 20 hits that people like me know, but I think LL is more well known in the other 49 states.

South Bronx
The Bridge Is Over
Super Ho
Criminal Minded
9MM Goes Bang
My Philosophy
Jimmy
Stop The Violence
I'm Still Number One
Why Is That
You Must Learn (original or remix)
Love's Gonna Get Ya
Black Cop
Sound Of The Police
Outta Here
Ah Yeah
MCs Act Like They Don't Know
The MC
A Friend
Step Into A World

^^^^^ If you're from the East coast and above 35 years old that's an indestructible playlist. The problem is that people from the South, Midwest, and West Coast might not see it the same way.

Also songs he appeared on;

Moshitup
Self Destruction
1,2 Pass It
Mad Ism
Classic
False, this is the age of the internet.

You don't have to be from the east or be 40 to know his catalogue or others.

I know all of the 80s east coast MC's music and I've never stepped foot on the east coast a day in my life and I was born the same year chronic dropped.

Just studied the music because I'm a hip hop head and well versed in 80s hip hop.

Same way I know all of Bob Marley and Marvin gaye music but they died waaay before I was born.

But.. if you mean that you appreciate the music more if you a old head... maybe.
Because it reminds you of your childhood when it used to get played on the radio.

I get the same feeling when I hear Biggie cuz I know where I was at when his music was playing.

I wouldn't say that.

KRS had a pretty long run himself.

He was still popping in the Big and Pac era in like 97 or so.

KRS got some shit

Loves gotta get cha is automatic round for KRS and Bridge is Over
KRS1 also had “my philosophy“, “step into a world”, “Black cop”, “sound of the police”, “criminal minded“...

Bruh.... did you read the whole thing or skim through it?

Never did I say biggie was an 80s rapper. I literally switched the topic and said the feeling he gets when he hears 80s music is the same feeling I get when I hear 90s music such as biggie, childhood nostalgia.

And thats the only thing that separates us, but not the knowledge of the music as a whole. Because I know 90s,80s and 70s music.

Even started going into 50s music recently.

False, this is the age of the internet.

You don't have to be from the east or be 40 to know his catalogue or others.

I know all of the 80s east coast MC's music and I've never stepped foot on the east coast a day in my life and I was born the same year chronic dropped.

Just studied the music because I'm a hip hop head and well versed in 80s hip hop.

Same way I know all of Bob Marley and Marvin gaye music but they died waaay before I was born.

But.. if you mean that you appreciate the music more if you a old head... maybe.
Because it reminds you of your childhood when it used to get played on the radio.

I get the same feeling when I hear Biggie cuz I know where I was at when his music was playing.

Well you said it yourself, you're a Hip Hop head (Hip Hop is spelled with capital H) and well versed in 80s Hip Hop.

But there's a lot of people that are your age that are casual listeners that know Jay Z, DMX, 50 Cent, and Lil Wayne but they've never dug beneath the surface and listened to Criminal Minded, Paid In Full, It Takes A Nation of Millions, etc.

Also like you said, having listened to KRS One/BDP in the context of when it was released, watching Yo! MTV Raps when they used to play the My Philosophy video every day, the You Must Learn video every day, the Self Destruction video every day. Back when KRS appeared on Arsenio Hall several times, when KRS was on the cover of the Source a handful of times. If you don't remember those days and came of age in the 2000s, you might think of KRS the same way my generation thinks of Grandmaster Caz and Kool Moe Dee; Old school MCs that were basically washed up by the time I really got into music.

Back