Welcome To aBlackWeb

Kirk Franklin - "Marriage Has Been Weaponized In Western Christianity"

Within the Christian community it certainly is.
in the CC it’s definitely not how it was just 20 years ago. The CC has become more relax with views. Of course you see the extremist but the overall CC is not.

Me being a former catholic who grew up in the church and went to catholic school for a few years.

Most of my family are still catholic and me having a Hispanic grandpa and being around/cool with a lot, it don’t hit the same at all with how as a majority the CC is the same as it was.

Hell when my momma was pregnant with me my grandma was going crazy because she wasn’t married to my pops yet. 17 years after I was born my youngest auntie got pregnant and my family didn’t bat a eye. And the always in church still.

The CC is less strict than they were 50 years ago.

Marriage in the west is deteriorating.

Main people that push marriage is the ones that believe a strong family nucleus is the key to a better society and those folks ain’t all C

in the CC it’s definitely not how it was just 20 years ago. The CC has become more relax with views. Of course you see the extremist but the overall CC is not.

Me being a former catholic who grew up in the church and went to catholic school for a few years.

Most of my family are still catholic and me having a Hispanic grandpa and being around/cool with a lot, it don’t hit the same at all with how as a majority the CC is the same as it was.

Hell when my momma was pregnant with me my grandma was going crazy because she wasn’t married to my pops yet. 17 years after I was born my youngest auntie got pregnant and my family didn’t bat a eye. And the always in church still.

lol you grew up catholic lol you know most of us are Baptist how would you know what’s pushed in most churches that you ain’t part of

It depends on where you're going to church at. I'm Catholic and grew up Catholic as well and went to Catholic school from Prek-10th grade. And I still have very close weekly interactions with not only other Catholics but folks of other Christian denominations as well. Marriage is still very much a status symbol and used to paint certain people as being more of something than others who aren't. It's less strict but the pov on those who are married vs unmarried still holds strong

Duh.

That's why I don't subscribe to religion and marriage
Religion is just nothing but a set of principles to live by and you have your principles that you live by therefore you basically have your own kind of religion that you want people to follow as well. Can’t say that I’m lying.

Religion is just nothing but a set of principles to live by and you have your principles that you live by therefore you basically have your own kind of religion that you want people to follow as well. Can’t say that I’m lying.
Sure your logic is fine...on paper.. but I grew up very observant and realizing people don't practice what they preach. I've witnessed too much hypocrisy. What Kirk is talking about is 100. I've heard and heard about those conversations at barbecues and holidays in the 90s. Shaming sisters for not being married, not having kids and etc is a real thing.

Now that I think about it.

Marriage ain't what's been weaponized, actually I can argue that it's.......Divorce..... that's been weaponized. This has been planned for us in agendas that divorce should be easy or accessible (gotta paraphrase for now). That's what's been planned for us in those depopulation agendas.

The agendas most of you didn't read and have no idea about.

Most modern day Christians are hypocrites. Especially in the black church. I can't argue with nothing Kirk said in that clip.

I don't get how people in the church basically try to crucify single folks involved in church but won't allow them to go so far in the church if they aren’t married. It just seems so backwards to me.

Back