Welcome To aBlackWeb

Katt williams supports “cancel culture”

Republicans are using "cancel culture" to play the victim

Us vs them ie divide ppl

wtf dont u get

coulda just said that. I stated earlier only folks complaining about cancel culture are the folks who want to say dumb shit and not face any backlash. Most of the time those folks are racist and sexist and homophobic. And even further not many people have had their livelihoods change because they got canceled

coulda just said that. I stated earlier only folks complaining about cancel culture are the folks who want to say dumb shit and not face any backlash. Most of the time those folks are racist and sexist and homophobic. And even further not many people have had their livelihoods change because they got canceled

Didnt kno I had to

I don't believe in cancel culture.

In that, I don't think it's real. To Katt's point there has always been a out of bounds. Just not for everyone.

Cancel culture is predominantly a phrase I hear being thrown around by people (mainly white people) used to saying whatever they wanted without any consequences.

People now only get "canceled" when it means they got hit in the pocket. Has anyone ever been arrested for what they said? No. Not unless it was the disenfranchised. Those that were beaten or even murdered. Racism is real cancelization.

Katt is right and Sticks & Stones just proves further more that Chappelle is the goat.

Last edited:
Right now we are in the thick of it, but I can’t wait till social media becomes an after thought and people find other shit to occupy their time. If you think it won’t happen, streaming platforms are putting TV to bed. Nothing lasts forever, homely the next thing to come isn’t as toxic as social media

so if some racist white dude was to lose money for saying racist shit is he a victim of cancel culture? Is that wack

To me, it depends.

The people deciding 'You're a racist and I don't like racists and I don't want to give my money to a racist.'

vs.

The people deciding 'You're a racist. Therefore I'm going to try to take away your livelihood.'

Those are two very different things. Motivated by two very different things. And both exist in large numbers.

Cancel culture stay bein trash. Katt only makes up the point where comedians and entertainers period HAVE to evolve in today's climate. 80s talk bout jokes can be persued as offensive to others in the 20s. That's a 40-year-difference. You simply cannot stay in that same mentality.

This bein said, crushing someone's lifestyle for stepping on those sensibilities is some BULLSHIT. If you don't like what someone said/sung/went to, then just don't buy the muhfucka. Trying to take their lifestyles away to appease YOU was and always will be fuckshit.

If someone is an entertainer then they make their money from fan support. If they say something that causes their fans to no longer want to support them that that's not bullshit. That's as Katt said not doing your job as an entertainer and thus suffering the consequences of it. So by doing what you suggest, not buying the product, you actually are agreeing with "canceling" somebody.

As far as cancel culture people don't get cancelled as much as they get held accountable for saying/doing dumb shit. People so used to being able to punch down that when a group of people say "Nah we don't want to support that" then people take offense to it. As if people should be lining up to willingly get insulted for the sake of entertainment just to prove they can "take a joke".

To me, it depends.

The people deciding 'You're a racist and I don't like racists and I don't want to give my money to a racist.'

vs.

The people deciding 'You're a racist. Therefore I'm going to try to take away your livelihood.'

Those are two very different things. Motivated by two very different things. And both exist in large numbers.

Well that boils down to the question of "Do you think everyone should be able to have a platform". Most people would agree that giving someone a platform to be purposely racist, hateful and bigoted isn't something that should be allowed. For those that think the opposite those tend to be the ones with the biggest problem with canceling

Well that boils down to the question of "Do you think everyone should be able to have a platform". Most people would agree that giving someone a platform to be purposely racist, hateful and bigoted isn't something that should be allowed. For those that think the opposite those tend to be the ones with the biggest problem with canceling

Naw, it doesn’t actually. Because ‘cancel culture’ involves more than just famous people who have a platform. I’m encompassing ALL of cancel culture. Including regular ass people who have people tryna destroy their livelihoods.

Not everyone considers that a part of ‘cancel culture. If you’re one of those people, then we’re just talking about two separate things. Not sure.

Naw, it doesn’t actually. Because ‘cancel culture’ involves more than just famous people who have a platform. I’m encompassing ALL of cancel culture. Including regular ass people who have people tryna destroy their livelihoods.

Not everyone considers that a part of ‘cancel culture. If you’re one of those people, then we’re just talking about two separate things. Not sure.

No I took into account non famous people too. Having a platform can be as simple as having a social media page. And if someone's livelihood or ability to make money hinges on whether or not they can make racist or other offensive content then people also have a right to not support that shit

No I took into account non famous people too. Having a platform can be as simple as having a social media page. And if someone's livelihood or ability to make money hinges on whether or not they can make racist or other offensive content then people also have a right to not support that shit

Ok gotcha. You ARE considering regular ass people. Same page.

Now, the bolded...

Of course they have the right to. That’s why when people call a racist’s employer to try to get them fired, for no reason other than they just want them to lose their livelihood, I’m never the nigga saying anything about it. That’s their right and I get it.

I just think it’s wack and pointless. That’s all. That ain’t the hill I’m willing to die on or no shit like that though.

Back