Welcome To aBlackWeb

Jury Duty..

Had to do that last year. After three summons I finally got chosen.

There had to be at least 200 of us at the courthouse . We all went into the courtroom and the judge comes out talking about the individual/s decided to be tried by a judge. Bounced out of there at 9:30 with the rest of the Friday to myself. Basically a day off work with full pay.

I think I’m back eligible for jury duty as of last year.

Fuck that.

I sat on a trial for Criminally Negligent Homicide. I actually fell asleep on the bench.

I don’t want to do that again.

i was summoned earlier this year. hands down the most depressing room i’ve ever been in. nobody wanted to be there. it was cold as fuck and it snowed that morning. mind you it was april. niggas were fed up

we waited there for three hours just for the judge to tell us they reached a settlement. i guess i got off lucky and i don’t have to worry about jury duty for the next 6 years

i got picked but they had my wrong address so i was able not to take part .

Went in but wasn't picked. The attorney was smart as fuck though. I was trying my best to answer in such a way to get out of it.

Attorney: What if I told you this man has a prior conviction for indecent liberties with a minor?

Me: Nah, I gave daughters so I don't think I could be impartial.

Attorney: What if I told you he was 19 and she was 17.

Me: Uh, well, uh,...

Luckily still got out of it.

If you don't vote, you don't get summoned.

Everytime I've voted in an election, I've been summoned; it's automatic.

I've never served on a jury though.

I send a letter asking to be excused and they oblige.

I been summoned twice but first time it wasnt my number, second time i sat in room for 6 hours and they told us go home

Got paid $15 to be there

Back