Welcome To aBlackWeb

Poll Johnny Gill vs Trey Songz (Trey Advances)

Who U Got?

• Johnny Gill

Votes: 6 50.0%
  • Trey Songz

Votes: 6 50.0%

• Total voters
i weigh quality of music/ catalog/ song writing ability if applicable 45%
then impact on their respective generation 35%
then ability as a performer/ voice quality final 20%

vocally JG was the strongest vocally in LSG bruh

JG
G. Levert
K. Sweat

in that order
keith and levert were the stars of that group bruh....they were the clear leads........johnny is just a good harmony dude

Who was better?

Some say Ralph but most say JG was the strongest in NE.

What isn't true about my post?
JG is the weakest link of new edition....he just holds harmony exceptionally well... he's a group singing type nigga...he compliments the other artist and adds a more fuller sound to the end product....

but he's not a solo artist

everybody else in that group showed me more than him.....

JG is the weakest link of new edition....he just holds harmony exceptionally well... he's a group singing type nigga...he compliments the other artist and adds a more fuller sound to the end product....

Ok breh,

He's not a solo artist but he received a Grammy nod for best male vocal R&B artist, this was back when you actually had to sing.

Man yall tripping,

keith and levert were the stars of that group bruh....they were the clear leads........johnny is just a good harmony dude

GO TO SCHLEEP DU

GO TO FUCKING SCHLEEP

Ok breh,

He's not a solo artist but he received a Grammy nod for best male vocal R&B artist, this was back when you actually had to sing.

Man yall tripping,
this shit ain't even common knowledge ...

like i'm legit shocked he was even nominated....

for what song? what album??
like this really happened?

thank god he didn't win.....i don't even wanna google the shit cuz imma laugh when i see who the other nominees were knowing he never had a chance

he wasn't bigger than ralp, bobby or bel biv devoe

Du, My My My was everywhere

BBD has posion as their biggest hit

Ralp has what as his biggest hit "Sensitivity?? Ppl didn't even know that his sample was on that Fat Joe & Remy Ma song

My, My, My and poison still gets spins today. When was the last time you heard a Ralph song being played?

IMO if JG is not a part of NE

they dont pull of that Heart Break album

"he is a good harmony guy but thats it"...FOH

So....why is he the LEAD vocalist on arguably NE's biggest hit "Can you stand the Rain?"

yall in here being wild disrespectful

iight keith sweat is a legit musical genius.....solo work, to group work, to producing other groups to song writing... dude i an infectious talent that makes everyone better....putting jg over him is laughable....

levert swag, presence, and song selection was all star material....he didn't need to be in a group....jg needed that shit....

ralp tresvant.....i ain't even gotta break that shit down

bobby was the next mike if whitney ain't get him hooked on crack

and michael bivins n them..bel biv devoe.....they just were simply better without JG

bel biv devoe stays in NE if bobby stays......bobby leave...you get johnny.....you leave and start your own shit....

dude literally arrived and niggaz was like "i' see what we can do without homie"

this shit ain't even common knowledge ...

like i'm legit shocked he was even nominated....

for what song? what album??
like this really happened?

thank god he didn't win.....i don't even wanna google the shit cuz imma laugh when i see who the other nominees were knowing he never had a chance

His 1st solo album, the one he made by himself.

Like I said, I bring receipts with me when I'm backing up somebody, not emotions

Also check out the other artist of folks in the category he was nominated with and see if Johnny is a shitty artist. You can't be a shitty artist going up against those dudes.

Yall tripping mane

iight keith sweat is a legit musical genius.....solo work, to group work, to producing other groups to song writing... dude i an infectious talent that makes everyone better....putting jg over him is laughable....

levert swag, presence, and song selection was all star material....he didn't need to be in a group....jg needed that shit....

and michael bivins n them..bel biv devoe.....they just were simply better without JG

bel biv devoe stays in NE if bobby stays......bobby leave...you get johnny.....you leave and start your own shit....

dude literally arrived and niggaz was like "i' see what we can do without homie"

So Keith Sweat outshined JG on this track (one of the biggest song from the group)

Keith Sweat sounds like a sleepy mumbling rat

Du

Let me ask you this breh, why Ralph was mad that JG came into the group???

Y'all making good arguments for Gill but he just ain't seeing Trey

Gill solo catalogue just ain't there. Yes he has some hits and no doubt some older ladies would show up to hear do a concert in hope of some NE and LSG joints but EVERYONE turning out for a Trey concert. His wave was just bigger

Johnny is without question the better vocalist but Trey the better artist. By miles

Back