Welcome To aBlackWeb

Poll Johnny Gill vs Trey Songz (Trey Advances)

Who U Got?

• Johnny Gill

Votes: 6 50.0%
  • Trey Songz

Votes: 6 50.0%

• Total voters
Dude has been the best in ever group he's been apart of

Him and Stacy
New Edition
Solo Career
LSG

Dude's a legend in the game to most

But his solo work doesn't even compare to Trey's, u know that shit

I'ma be droppin these every day, but I'll let each match up stay open for 2 days before I lock the thread.

Had to give the nod to Trey

I just ain't up on enough Gill catalog to give him the nod just cause he an old head

Shit man. As much truth knock was spittin gottta go with Trey. Cheat on you. Me4u. inside pt2. Smartphones. Dude got them joints.

Throughout this whole tournament their actual singing voice is carrying the most weight for me...

I understand the catalogue argument...and I respect those who weigh that more heavily

but if you cant fuck with your opponent vocally its gonna be tough for me to give you that nod

With that being said...

Johnny Gill

bruh, johnny gill dumpster juice as an artist.....
he was in a great group. albeit late.. but he has no singles power like trey did...

trey reinvented himself and was dropping r & b mixtapes....

dude was top of the game for a hot minute.....

trey's relevance trumps the hell outta johnny's relevance....

you don't even need johnny for new edition.....he was basically a new edition to the already established new edition....

bruh, johnny gill dumpster juice as an artist.....
he was in a great group. albeit late.. but he has no singles power like trey did...

trey reinvented himself and was dropping r & b mixtapes....

dude was top of the game for a hot minute.....

trey's relevance trumps the hell outta johnny's relevance....

you don't even need johnny for new edition.....he was basically a new edition to the already established new edition....

and I respect that...but when it comes down to it bruh

to the core of what R&B is...

is Trey Songz fucking with JG VOCALLY?

NO HE IS NOT. NOT EVEN IN THE SAME UNIVERSE.

Throughout this whole tournament their actual singing voice is carrying the most weight for me...

I understand the catalogue argument...and I respect those who weigh that more heavily

but if you cant fuck with your opponent vocally its gonna be tough for me to give you that nod

With that being said...

Johnny Gill

Are u the same way with mc's? No matter what each of their catalogs contains, whoever is the better mc technically is overall better?

and I respect that...but when it comes down to it bruh

to the core of what R&B is...

is Trey Songz fucking with JG VOCALLY?

NO HE IS NOT. NOT EVEN IN THE SAME UNIVERSE.
niggaz there's chicks at church on sunday that can sing half the industry out the water...

but until shorty step on stage and drop hits consistently like trigga been doing......that shit ain't doing shit for me

Knock been sayin nonsense this whole tournament lol

Back