Welcome To aBlackWeb

Jennifer Lopez Felt 'Violated' During a love scene early on in her career.

As with any study it's based on the information they have available to them. And the he said/she said nature of sexual assault is what makes it so hard to even prosecute or investigate to begin with. But there's no gray area to what actual assault and rape are. I mentioned before that what alot of men consider harassment, assault etc tend to lie on the extreme end of things where somebody has to physically snatch somebody up while for women their ideas are often much more nuanced and often based on how they felt in that given moment.

There's no different perspectives on it where somebody would say "Well ok he may have forced her a little but it wasn't rape." Ideas like that are why people who have been assaulted think they can't speak up because they may have said no initially but eventually just gave in and let the person do whatever they wanted just to get the shit over with. Thats one of those things where it either flat out is or isn't.

I don't agree that there is no gray area. Assault and rape have definitions and they are clear, that's true. However, to some extent a person's mind state and intent come into play, and that's where the gray comes in. You have to actually read up on some of the cases that have been brought up on men over the years. We've all heard the "No means no" slogan, but that basically ignores the fact that there are plenty of women who admit that they have said "No" or "Stop" even when they wanted it to continue. Then we've seen rape cases brought against dudes where the woman said nothing, and the argument was that guy should have been able to read her demeanor and know she didn't want it.

So, while I agree sexual assault and rape aren't limited to forced sex, I think it's dangerous to suggest that it's always cut and dry. I think some of it boils down to misunderstanding and miscommunication. Some of these rape cases especially with young people boil down to misunderstandings, miscommunication, and lack of experience.

If she did not want to do the scene, she could have not done the scene.

There is an interview where 2pac explains that he was going to do a love scene in Poetic Justice and she required him to take a HIV test. He refused to take the test.
His choice was not to take the test and John had to cut the scene
Actors and Actresses do not have to do such things, they have agents, lawyers who can get them out of scenes or have the scene cut out.
Some actresses have stand-ins to do scenes for them when they do not want to do certain scenes.

You guys are continuously arguing against points I never made. I can't speak for anyone else, but I don't believe she was forced and I never said that. However, if her account is true, she was coerced. That's what the word means. Yes, she could have chose not to do it, but that doesn't make it any less shitty that she was put in that position again assuming she's being truthful.

If she did not want to do the scene, she could have not done the scene.

There is an interview where 2pac explains that he was going to do a love scene in Poetic Justice and she required him to take a HIV test. He refused to take the test.
His choice was not to take the test and John had to cut the scene
Actors and Actresses do not have to do such things, they have agents, lawyers who can get them out of scenes or have the scene cut out.
Some actresses have stand-ins to do scenes for them when they do not want to do certain scenes.
iirc

Pac said he would've taken 100 tests to do the scene. She didn't want to, according to him

Edit: I was off slightly and so were you. He said he would've taken 4 ( I exaggerated) but he ultimately said no cause he was saying if she didn't make such as such take one for their scene then he didn't feel he had to take one

You sure cause the interview I've seen was he wasn't taking no test
Listen again

He was willing to take a test. He was willing to take 4 but he says it felt like someone, maybe not Janet herself because he doesn't know but someone from her camp insisted he take one

Then it turned into, well if she did a love scene with ol boy and he didn't have to do a test, then I'm not going to.

Exposed their hypocrisy. When I asked them how would they approach the situation if it was one of their own children or family members, there was a different approach, one poster refused to answer the question and another poster danced around it.
Their whole approach changed when it became one of their own children or family members involved in a situation like this.
I answered it.

Back