Welcome To aBlackWeb

Jealousy

I was talking to @Remedy but I'll address...I understand your pov, but I would say its wrong unless you can tell

me ONE fear that you've ever had that you didn't learn. Native Americans didn't fear disease until they got one.

Didn't fear a gun until one went off and/or they got shot. What fear have you ever had that wasn't learned or

an experience FIRST?
You could say the same about any human, it's not like pre-colonial america was disease free, where do think the syphilis came from?

That aside, the fear of death is something I think everyone is born with, at least a primitive or basic understanding of it. It's why babies have the palmar grasp to cling to adults when they're carried. Now I'm piling on an assumption no doubt but if it's something that we lose as we get older and learn/adapt to the world then I don't think it's a weak assumption to make that the grasp is something naturally there so we as infants lessen our chances of falling and injuring or killing ourselves when an adult is carrying us.

WHAT?!!? Again, I say unnatural to say that it isn't inherent. If you believe our existence is unnatural then you know something I don't about how and why we were created. Enlighten me oh great one...
Lol I meant our personalities and how we do the things we do. We learn all these things from experience, as you say. I just was curious to see what do you find natural. You got me missing Underground bc I really wanna know this answer.:idkb2:

@DS_ over there like...
4dSv0jH.gif
This is hilarious and animal abuse at the same time :(

This all goes back to the Bible and Religion and Adam and Eve. They were created without sin and fear. Until the Snake told them they were naked.

Meaning they didn't have a any feat, shame or regards about what they did because they didn't know no better.

Now some would say that walking around without fear is a good thing and being in the bliss of not knowing is a great experience to be in.

While others would say the snake really enlightened you and gave you the gift you really needed........and that would be knowledge of self.

No lie y'all nignogs are going to miss my posting. I could murder your thought processes all day but I don't. You're welcome

I have a snake as a pet, that muthaphuka aint talk to me not one time. Not even a thank you for the rats I feed it. And I eat apples and...nothing. I'm just sayin...

You could say the same about any human, it's not like pre-colonial america was disease free, where do think the syphilis came from?

That aside, the fear of death is something I think everyone is born with, at least a primitive or basic understanding of it. It's why babies have the palmar grasp to cling to adults when they're carried. Now I'm piling on an assumption no doubt but if it's something that we lose as we get older and learn/adapt to the world then I don't think it's a weak assumption to make that the grasp is something naturally there so we as infants lessen our chances of falling and injuring or killing ourselves when an adult is carrying us.

Babies only do that if they're not secure in whose holding them. I got a GANG of babies, trust me. They learn that shit, its not natural. One of my babies never feared that shit because he liked being thrown around. Its not all babies

I have a snake as a pet, that muthaphuka aint talk to me not one time. Not even a thank you for the rats I feed it. And I eat apples and...nothing. I'm just sayin...

Nigga you're not Adam the snake ain't got shit to say to you b.

:sayword:

Babies only do that if they're not secure in whose holding them. I got a GANG of babies, trust me. They learn that shit, its not natural. One of my babies never feared that shit because he liked being thrown around. Its not all babies
But if they didn't feel secure then they had a fear of being hurt or worse, you proved my point. There's at least a basic fear of pain or death inherent in humans. As for the kid that likes to be thrown about, you have given him no reason to fear falling but rest assured if he got dropped that fear would kick right back in.

Lol I meant our personalities and how we do the things we do. We learn all these things from experience, as you say. I just was curious to see what do you find natural. You got me missing Underground bc I really wanna know this answer.:idkb2:
Unnatural is against the laws of nature. If you ask a Amish cat they'll probably say electricity was never meant to be and neither was tv. I'm not one to feel that advancement is contrary to the laws of nature. So I guess natural is relative to what you believe or your belief system. Again, I used the word "unnatural" to say that fear isn't inherent.

But if they didn't feel secure then they had a fear of being hurt or worse, you proved my point. There's at least a basic fear of pain or death inherent in humans. As for the kid that likes to be thrown about, you have given him no reason to fear falling but rest assured if he got dropped that fear would kick right back in.
No, they didn't feel secure after almost being dropped and feeling that inconsistency in their stomach. They learned it. If I was to throw my kid and he hit the floor, also an experience that he learned

No, they didn't feel secure after almost being dropped and feeling that inconsistency in their stomach. They learned it. If I was to throw my kid and he hit the floor, also an experience that he learned
At this point we're arguing semantics, you say they're learning to fear falling but I say they're just expanding their natural fear of death/pain to falling, and I'm apprehensive of saying expanding in this case but I'm basing that off an assumption (Palmar grip) as previously stated so I'll keep it as that.

At this point we're arguing semantics, you say they're learning to fear falling but I say they're just expanding their natural fear of death/pain to falling, and I'm apprehensive of saying expanding in this case but I'm basing that off an assumption (Palmar grip) as previously stated so I'll keep it as that.
All I'm saying is you can't fear what you don't know. Babies can't inherently fear death because they don't know they can die. Have to learn it

i forgot my original point i was going to make...maybe that's for the best but anywhoo...just a couple of thoughts

-how do you explain the lack of fear when you have small infant babies in pools learning to swim? They have no fears of being in a pool, in water that could kill them, yet, they are in there practically from birth, learning to swim. Why is it that so many of us are afraid of the water, drowning, etc... Could it be perhaps that you were not taught or exposed to the pool at an early age? Do you think your fear of swimming would lessen had you been taught to swim before you learned to talk?

-i thought maybe people are using the word jealousy in the wrong context. I know what jealousy is typically associated with, but maybe we've had it wrong all this time...idk...food for thought really. I would describe a lot of the feelings in here towards jealousy to be on the spectrum of envy or probably insecure.

Reading @Remedy thoughts about her siblings or the attention she perceives they get from her mother vs her, i would call that envy and not jealousy.

Reading @BNE thoughts about snooping, i would venture to say she is just insecure and needs healing from whatever past hurts she has experienced that will allow her to move forward. I dont know the intimate details of her relationships, but if you feel the need to snoop in every relationship as a precautionary measure, thats not a healthy mindset to have b/c it will eventually just alienate the person you are trying to get to know and try to go closer to. Love is a gamble like anything else in life. You run the risk of getting hurt. Hopefully, its not to the point where it causes you emotional and physical anguish.

Reading @Kandy Pants thoughts about fear of cheated on. To my point to trini, it could happen, it might not happen. No different from getting in your car everyday and going to work. You could get in an accident, you might not. Are you going to stop driving because of that? To your point about not calling or checking on you if you go out, i could see that being an issue, but I wouldnt equate that to jealousy. I think thats just a person who either wants to respect your space and time away from him or just likes it when you're gone so that he can do his thing lol. But I dont think there is nothing wrong at all with an occasional status check throughout the outing.

just my .02

as always, take from it, what you will

Back