Welcome To aBlackWeb

Jay Z sells 50 percent of Ace of Spades which he bought for $30 million for $250 million to LVMH

we shouldnt celebrate jordans rings, nor tigers wins either.

they are athletes...thats what they do.

the way this country was made....who benefited the most and what our ancestors and even each other went thru and how much black people was robbed and shitted on.
i applaud the man ..

hes taking from them and giving to us at times. but we shouldnt expect him to save us as a race.

Explain. What is he taking from them?

the way this country was made....who benefited the most and what our ancestors and even each other went thru and how much black people was robbed and shitted on.
i applaud the man ..

hes taking from them and giving to us at times. but we shouldnt expect him to save us as a race.

Stop making it sound like he's Robin Hood. He's making money off of everyone who buys his shit. That's black people just like white people. He's largely just enriching himself. He might have some charitable ventures here and there, but all rich people do, and for the most part those ventures are usually done in a way that either makes or saves money for them so they aren't purely altruistic in nature.

This ain't about expecting him to save our race. I don't expect anything from Jay. I'm just saying that I personally don't really see the point in celebrating rich people getting richer.

we shouldnt celebrate jordans rings, nor tigers wins either.

they are athletes...thats what they do.

My nigga, you're talking apples and pork chops now.

How we ever gonna control the narrative if we always end up selling to the others?

@DOS_patos answer this
Start something at a low price and sell it a high price. Take the flip and buy something else at the low and sell at the high over and over again. HOPEFULLY along the way you're helping others out to empower themselves to do the same which in turn they're helping others as well starting a chain of ownership. Everyone eats and owns

Start something at a low price and sell it a high price. Take the flip and buy something else at the low and sell at the high over and over again. HOPEFULLY along the way you're helping others out to empower themselves to do the same which in turn they're helping others as well starting a chain of ownership. Everyone eats and owns
But no one owns if everybody sells

Nah, I get that, but he's been rich for a long time now. I just don't see the point off celebrating every time he uses his millions to make more millions. That's what rich people do. It's basically the American way.

This is just a me thing though. I don't think anyone should be celebrated for amassing wealth.
It's publicity... If he made a deal and lost 50 million, it'll be a talking point just like this....except he'd be called an idiot or whatever. I see your point tho

It's not only the money ,it's the entire arc of where he came from to where he is at now. He even said it himself to ASAP Ferg, he wakes up in his mansion in LA and doesn't believe the life he is living .
Idk if i really believe this statement, because its not like after struggling for decades, he finally got money and recognition a few years ago. Pretty sure he's lived with money longer than he's lived without it, even if he grew up in the hood. I mean, hes been a millionaire since his 20's in the 90's. Its 2021 rn.

Wealthy people that grew up poor always try to do the 'I pinch myself everyday to make sure im not in a dream', or ' Even with the money I'm still that poor kid from ____' line. No matter how long they've been rich. You can always break through that genjutsu by asking them the price of a regular everyday item people buy and peep how they dont know.

I think a lot of it has to do with how he made his money. He didn't go to college and get a job at some firm and work his way up to the top. He was A RAPPER that started his own record label, started his own clothing line, signed other rappers, made hit songs, sold millions of records and became a billionaire in the process. I bet if you check the Forbes list for Billionaires, there's probably not too many people that made a billion dollars that way.

The problem I have (and this is just me) is that he wears suits, ties and tuxedos. This is just my personal opinion so don't try to chop my head off. I think it would mean more, or make a bigger statement if he still wore baggy jeans and du rags. Meaning, you can still make a billion dollars without having to assimilate into "White culture".

I'd like to think if I made a million dollars I could still dress Hip Hop fashion; jeans, sneakers, hoodies, etc.

I think a lot of it has to do with how he made his money. He didn't go to college and get a job at some firm and work his way up to the top. He was A RAPPER that started his own record label, started his own clothing line, signed other rappers, made hit songs, sold millions of records and became a billionaire in the process. I bet if you check the Forbes list for Billionaires, there's probably not too many people that made a billion dollars that way.

The problem I have (and this is just me) is that he wears suits, ties and tuxedos. This is just my personal opinion so don't try to chop my head off. I think it would mean more, or make a bigger statement if he still wore baggy jeans and du rags. Meaning, you can still make a billion dollars without having to assimilate into "White culture".

I'd like to think if I made a million dollars I could still dress Hip Hop fashion; jeans, sneakers, hoodies, etc.

I don't think dressing in suits or tuxedos is reserved for White people...

I don't think dressing in suits or tuxedos is reserved for White people...

I think it's European fashion. In particular wearing a suit and a tie is Italian fashion. I've noticed people in Africa and Asia wear suits and ties too, but IN MY OPINION when a Black, Latino, Asian, Arab wears a suit and tie it means he's surrendering. He could wear a Nike sweatsuit, or Cooji jeans with a t-shirt or hoodie, which would be considered Hip Hop fashion. Hell he even had his own clothing line (Rocawear) and we know he has enough money to start another clothing line.

Why do successful Black entrepreneurs feel like it's necessary to wear suits and ties and tuxedos to fit into the elite culture? Why can't they be themselves? I can understand if you are making $100k a year and you get invited to some function where you have to wear a tie or a tux, but I'd like to think that by the time you become a billionaire you can wear whatever you want.

He does but he’s also older with kids.

it’s not always about his Billie.

but he’s also a brand

So do he still own 50% of it?

I can’t find the answer
It sounds like he still owns the other 50%

Jay-Z acquired a 50 percent stake in Armand de Brignac in 2006, debuting the bubbly in his "Show Me What You Got" music video before it launched that year.

The rapper bought the remaining half of Armand de Brignac in 2014.

LVMH oversees several other luxury champagne brands, including Dom Pérignon and Krug.

Back