Welcome To aBlackWeb

Jay-Z Partnering With The NFL For Social Justice

What side are you on?

• Total voters
I do not know. Could good come from it, sure. Could it be all about optics, yes. All I know is what was announced and am waiting to see if the partnership does anything of substance or not.

And what do you mean by "better black folks"? What all falls into that category?

You know what is meant when folks say to better black folks.

Programs that will put money into black ppl hands so they can build their own businesses and start earning capital.

What are you implying by saying this?

I pointed out that most are in shape to do other things but choose to still work for the NFL.

So you're really telling me that you got this:

You’re the one saying that it’s wrong for Kaep and other black players to want to play in the NFL while having an issue with the racism in the NFL.

from me pointing out that the players are still choosing to play for the league even though they don't "have" to? Where do I imply wrong? I'm strictly pointing out a choice being made.

This was a previous response:

Most are millionaires at this point. They don't "need" the NFL. But they want to play there and continue to make millions. And I don't fault them for that decision.

That's why I can't be upset with Jay's partnership with the league.
Especially when part of the partnership is about trying to effect change.

The majority of the black players in the league have expressed solidarity with Kap and yet continued to work there. If I'm not mad at them, why should I be mad at Jay?

So again, show me where I said what you've accused me of saying. Please. I'll wait.

Ricky Williams, Terrell Owens and
Others Start New Football League To Develop Young Men: ‘You Can’t Take Away Their Voice’

Former NFL running back Ricky Williams announced that he and other former players will be forming a new football league.

It’s called the “Freedom Football League,” and some of the other big names involved include Terrell Owens, Robert Griffith, Simeon Rice, Spencer Conley, as well as Victor Butler.

These brothas are applying solutions and creating a new league.

Is this worthy of our support? If not, why?

You gave me an article which can be misleading if you don't take into consideration how life operates. That's the part I'm proving where you are wrong at.

The NFL wants you to believe that everybody is a millionaire when that's not the case

Back it up with more than your opinion. Your opinion is supposed to just trump the numbers I provided simply because you think they're wrong?

Prove I'm wrong with more than what you think is true.

You know what is meant when folks say to better black folks.

Programs that will put money into black ppl hands so they can build their own businesses and start earning capital.

My focus wouldn't have been as narrow, which is why I asked. If that is the only way you're talking about, no, I don't see the NFL doing that.

So you're really telling me that you got this:

from me pointing out that the players are still choosing to play for the league even though they don't "have" to? Where do I imply wrong? I'm strictly pointing out a choice being made.

This was a previous response:

So again, show me where I said what you've accused me of saying. Please. I'll wait.
You’re playing dumb now. Good day.

Back it up with more than your opinion. Your opinion is supposed to just trump the numbers I provided simply because you think they're wrong?

Prove I'm wrong with more than what you think is true.

Now you're playing dumb.

Continue to believe the media and what they tell you.

My focus wouldn't have been as narrow, which is why I asked. If that is the only way you're talking about, no, I don't see the NFL doing that.

Good then there's nothing the NFL and Jay can do. That's the number 1 goal. Creating an economic base for black ppl by putting money into their hands and allowing them to create their own generational wealth.

What's y'all thoughts on Skillz take on all this?

He's trying to defend Jay-z.

Jay sat with the Nets corporation and did what again for those black ppl in that area?? How much money did he put into those black ppl hands over there to help create an economic base for them?

So whether it's the NBA or NFL, what folks are not seeing, will black ppl collectively as a whole benefit from these deals. If not, being a billionaire, rapping about it, does nothing for black ppl

Obama was the president, and yesterday a white lady pulled a gun out on 4 black kids, police still shooting down black ppl and getting off. Status checks, and titles, niggas are over there. What are you doing to help black ppl lives more better in this world.

It's time out for the pandering and safe niggas

This was what Kap was kneeling for.

Did he bring in his ppl when he was an owner with the Nets?? and they bring their ppl in to run things?

I mean niggas do realize how tidal looks?

28bz31x.jpg

Back