Jay-Z Partnering With The NFL For Social Justice

What side are you on?

• Total voters
They allow their players to express themselves and speak on things without being penalized. Adam Silver supported the BLM movement and allowed the players to wear anything supporting it during warmups, they got donald sterling df outta here, etc

Is that a win captain? Cuz they get to voice what is going on without getting punished?

Is this something to champion the NBA on??

The same league that cast Allen Iverson as a thug, the same league that let their fans say racist things to the players, along with letting fans come out the stands and toss beer on folks?

The same league that let a rapist (Marv Albert) broadcast games?

The same league that allows the owners to trade players without their knowledge

The same league that block black ppl from becoming owners, the same league that let Dan Gilbert and Pat Riley make crazy remarks about Lebron??

That league, the NBA

The same league that forced grown men to dress up in suits/business attire to play basketball.

I disagree cause if that was true of NBA fans then the league wouldn't have made those rule changes about what type of clothes and jewelry player can wear on the sidelines.

If that was true folks would've really understood why Ron Artest tried to beat up somebody throwing a drink on him.

I agree its about the bottom line but if they were so progressive as billionaires they would take the hit of a few dollars for the greater good but I know that shit ain't going to happen cause no matter the league nba or nfl its still RUN NIGGA RUN first and foremost

What Ron did no matter how much I wasn't mad at him for doing it was wrong. Many folks understood why he was pissed, just like they understood why Westbrook said what he did to the racist Utah fan. The dress code shit is barely enforced since Stern was on his last few years as commish. Players still wear T-Shirts and chains but the just wear a sport coat over the shirt. Lmao.

The NBA and NFL fanbase has similarities but honestly the NBA fan base is way more diverse than the NFL due to the foreign stars, being more geared to children and teens, and having way more black fans % wise worldwide. In the stadiums it's mostly folks with disposable income (ie white) but league pass is huge abroad, not to mention the FIBA tournament and Olympics the NBA players play in. NFL fans are mostly American white people which is why In this country the ratings are so high..... its mostly white people. Lol

But yes, like I stated earlier the NBA has a long way to go but it's still way more progressive than most pro sports leagues

Honestly (and I think a lot of people are gonna disagree with me in here) I think the NFL owners truly don't give a damn about Kaepernick kneeling but they do care about their money. They know the majority of their fans are the type who will complain and boycott for real if Kaepernick was on their roster. His is a threat to their bottom line and that's why he hasn't gotten a job.

The NBA understands that most of their fans are the exact opposite and that is why they have no issues with their players speaking out because it isn't going to hurt their money as much.

This whole situation comes down to money, period

Didnt Nike stock spike when they announced their deal with Kaep?
And then it spiked again after that Betsy Ross "controversy" with Kaep if I remember correctly..

Even tho salty racist white folks swore off Nike forever lol. I doubt whatever team picked up Kaep would have many issues when it comes to fans

using chance is a bad example imo

his dad is in politics and friends with Obama

i mean, he has connections that most dont, and thats even without him using his name as a rapper to give even more clout

• Ether
Reactions: LurkerSix
using chance is a bad example imo

his dad is in politics and friends with Obama

i mean, he has connections that most dont, and thats even without him using his name as a rapper to give even more clout
Bad example for what

You sir have not been saying wait and see. And you sir have been speculating on what Jay might do.

So if you can speculate on what he might do right. Others can speculate on what he might do wrong.

How is me asking a question speculating?

If I ask “what if I win a million dollars” is that me saying I’m winning a million dollars?

Cut it out fam.

Lol u went through 30 pages and that’s what u got?

Is that a win captain? Cuz they get to voice what is going on without getting punished?

Is this something to champion the NBA on??

You mean the very thing that this whole kap situation is about? should that be something to consider?

I’m gonna let you think on that one.

How is me asking a question speculating?

If I ask “what if I win a million dollars” is that me saying I’m winning a million dollars?

Cut it out fam.

Lol u went through 30 pages and that’s what u got?
You didn't pose a question you stated what you believe he might do. That's speculation.
And you gonna brush over the "nothing to wait and see"?
So like I have been saying. If you're gonna speculate you gotta let others.

Also, the search feature is the shit here. Most of your post in this thread are shitting on Kap.

Also, Demaurice Smith is sitting somewhere smoking a fat blunt b/c not a single person (outside of me) in this thread or in america has given him ANY blame as it pertains to Kap being blackballed.

ya'll want Jay to get Kap back in the league when the damn president of the NFLPA has been quiet as a church mouse.

again, kap being out the league is an NFLPA problem, not Jay's

#stillundecided

You didn't pose a question you stated what you believe he might do. That's speculation.
And you gonna brush over the "nothing to wait and see"?
So like I have been saying. If you're gonna speculate you gotta let others.

Also, the search feature is the shit here. Most of your post in this thread are shitting on Kap.

Is a sentence ending with a question mark a question or not? <<< is that a question or not?

Cmon man.

something from 3 pages ago brah...im just catching up...my fault for not quoting
If you're referring to what I said, what about your statement makes him a bad choice.
He has "power", and a long track record of social justice.
If you weren't referring to my comment ignore this

Didnt Nike stock spike when they announced their deal with Kaep?
And then it spiked again after that Betsy Ross "controversy" with Kaep if I remember correctly..

Even tho salty racist white folks swore off Nike forever lol. I doubt whatever team picked up Kaep would have many issues when it comes to fans

Nike's stock did rise a bit both times but I'm sure the amount it went up can't compare to how much game day revenue those pro teams take in. You got concessions, regular gate tickets, box seats, advertising. That's a lot of money for one game.

You mean the very thing that this whole kap situation is about? should that be something to consider?

I’m gonna let you think on that one.

Watch this:

So you're saying it's a win for NBA players to be able to speak about black ppl being shitted on and the players not be fined/suspended is a win.

And you're comparing that to Kap and him not being able to do it. He was never suspended nor fined.

When has a player from the NFL ever been fined or suspended for speaking out about social injustice black ppl?? They're we ppl still kneeling after Kap last year, did they get fined or suspended?

I could have sworn that they do a Pink Cancer awareness every October, I could have sworn players show support on their cleats and have special made cleats to show support for social injustice

Who gets suspended and fined for speaking out in the NFL on social injustices? I don't think you thought that one through

Watch this:

So you're saying it's a win for NBA players to be able to speak about black ppl being shitted on and the players not be fined/suspended is a win.

And you're comparing that to Kap and him not being able to do it. He was never suspended nor fined.

When has a player from the NFL ever been fined or suspended for speaking out about black ppl?? They're we ppl still kneeling after Kap last year, did they get fined or suspended?

At this point I take it that y’all are trolling, cuz y’all are asking and saying a bunch of dumb shit

I’m bout to go watch mindhunter

Is a sentence ending with a question mark a question or not? <<< is that a question or not?

Cmon man.
The question mark is asking people what the issue if your speculation comes true.

Well you not admit you didn't adopte a wait and see policy until later, will you not concede that your have made speculation on Jayz's actions and motivations?

Come on man.

Reactions: Race Jones
If you're referring to what I said, what about your statement makes him a bad choice.
He has "power", and a long track record of social justice.
If you weren't referring to my comment ignore this
i was

ty for the rebuttal

• Goat
Reactions: OhMars
Watch this:

When has a player from the NFL ever been fined or suspended for speaking out about social injustice black ppl?? They're we ppl still kneeling after Kap last year, did they get fined or suspended?

I could have sworn that they do a Pink Cancer awareness every October, I could have sworn players show support on their cleats and have special made cleats to show support for social injustice

Who gets suspended and fined for speaking out in the NFL on social injustices? I don't think you thought that one through
they havent done the pink shit for about 2 seasons now i think

or however long its been since the Ray Rice shit