Welcome To aBlackWeb

Jay-Z Partnering With The NFL For Social Justice

What side are you on?

• Total voters
yall were defending jay all last year, doing free PR and still didnt get invited to the roc nation brunch

how about yall give it a rest this year huh? :ualreadyknow:
I'll address this speaking for myself, but I took the wait and see approach.

If I'm judging solely on what has transpired now after the SB, then it's not looking good. I'm still indifferent about the shit if I'm being honest. If it's still like this a calendar year from the date the partnership was announced, I have no problem with pointing out how all of this was just spin.

I know it might be hard to do in the age of social media, but there's nothing wrong with waiting and seeing and waiting to give an informed opinion

I'll address this speaking for myself, but I took the wait and see approach.

If I'm judging solely on what has transpired now after the SB, then it's not looking good. I'm still indifferent about the shit if I'm being honest. If it's still like this a calendar year from the date the partnership was announced, I have no problem with pointing out how all of this was just spin.

I know it might be hard to do in the age of social media, but there's nothing wrong with waiting and seeing and waiting to give an informed opinion

I mean wait and see for what? that shit wasnt rocket science no offense

I mean wait and see for what? that shit wasnt rocket science no offense
to see if he was going to put his words into action

i think we all have the way we would've done something if given the opportunity, but, here we are having a discussion about the way he is choosing to deal with it

i'll even be more specific, and all i can do is assume as I have not read anything about what he was involved in outside of the halftime show. I'm sure articles might be out there, I just havent taken the time to look for them, but i have to assume him and his team had something to do with the messaging with the commercials aimed at "inspiring change".

One one hand, im not moved by it, otoh, part, and i do mean a small part of me is like, hmmm...ok, maybe this will parlay into something else, but i dont have enough information to make an informed opinion.

If you think he fulla shit, then i dont think anything he can do at this point is gonna change that pov for you, and that's ok too.

I seen Kaep tweeting and cosigning folks not watching the NFL but in the other hand he wants his brothers to play in the NFL.

What the fuck bruh

so he shouldn’t want his brothers to make millions? People get into it with companies often fir unfair business practices but they don’t just up and leave the industry. Where else can somebody make money playing football? Why is wanting to be treated right a bad thing?

Now niggas mad cuz Hov didn't stand during the anthem?

tenor.gif

white people or black people?

Reading these comments that Jay Z keeps putting out there through the media is disheartening and also maddening because he partnered with the NFL without even chatting with any of the players beforehand. They literally found out when the rest of the world found out. Jay Z even said he or his people never even talked to Kaepernick or his people, so how does he truly have any idea what the players association or Kaepernick truly wanted to do to attack the issue at hand?

This whole ordeal is hilarious and sad the way it's playing out for public consumption.

@Sion pretty much summed up what a lot of the rational posters thought but had hope it wasn't the case and that's this whole thing just really being a nice business deal for a business man

Last edited:
957AF701-39E5-4447-B632-098BD78E2007.png
I knew this was coming y’all really thought this nigga was going to be real enough and not stand for the National Anthem while partnering with the NFL at the biggest Game of the year? See this is why I don’t fuck with Jay no more or other black celebrities who try to become revolutionaries because they play both sides of the fence They try to show they still have real nigga moments and are down for the cause but turn around and explain themselves to white ppl so they won’t piss them off. He knew exactly what was going on at the moment and they just didn’t wanna stand and that’s all he had to say instead of giving this bullshit ass excuse he just didn’t think nobody was paying attention and it would blow up the way it did. Jay-Z is a billionaire now and he’s way out of touch with black America and our problems wants and needs he will do little stuff here and there to make it seems like he cares and y’all and other black ppl will fall for it but at the end of the day he getting white ppl money and he don’t give fuck about Black ppl. That’s why Kap is so mad because Jay z can care less if he sinks or swim.

View attachment 223990
I knew this was coming y’all really thought this nigga was going to be real enough and not stand for the National Anthem while partnering with the NFL at the biggest Game of the year? See this is why I don’t fuck with Jay no more or other black celebrities who try to become revolutionaries because they play both sides of the fence They try to show they still have real nigga moments and are down for the cause but turn around and explain themselves to white ppl so they won’t piss them off. He knew exactly what was going on at the moment and they just didn’t wanna stand and that’s all he had to say instead of giving this bullshit ass excuse he just didn’t think nobody was paying attention and it would blow up the way it did. Jay-Z is a billionaire now and he’s way out of touch with black America and our problems wants and needs he will do little stuff here and there to make it seems like he cares and y’all and other black ppl will fall for it but at the end of the day he getting white ppl money and he don’t give fuck about Black ppl. That’s why Kap is so mad because Jay z can care less if he sinks or swim.
You have no idea what your talking about.

What is white money?

What is black money?

What is doing little stuff here and there?

What is out of touch?

People kill me with this rich black people out of touch shit. So what is in touch?
Kap left us hanging. Kap had support and fumbled it. Kap knew he didn't expect things to get as big as it did...An even when he was shit on he wanted to go back to the shitter.

Nah.

Kap ain't ride out. He buckled.

You have no idea what your talking about.

What is white money?

What is black money?

What is doing little stuff here and there?

What is out of touch?

People kill me with this rich black people out of touch shit. So what is in touch?
Kap left us hanging. Kap had support and fumbled it. Kap knew he didn't expect things to get as big as it did...An even when he was shit on he wanted to go back to the shitter.

Nah.

Kap ain't ride out. He buckled.
So you don’t know what it means when someone is out of touch? Shit that would have an effect on the average person don’t effect him because he would never have to worry about it. And doing little stuff here and there is basically doing the bare minimum just to prove something or try to act like u care but you really don’t so either you trying to be funny or u just bitch made as he is you clearly didn’t read his response on why he didn’t stand so I’m sum it up for you he said when Demi Lovato came out there to sing the National anthem he said him and bey went straight into artist mode they was wondering was her mics to low is there to many speakers on the ground can the fans at home hear her when she performs he also said they was talking about how beautiful she looks and all the stuff she’s been though in her life and how proud they was to see her up there performing when all he had to say is we didn’t feel like standing and to cap it all off he said they would never put Blu Ivy in that situation by doing something like that so what situation are u putting your kid in that you don’t want them to see you actually doing Something you believe in ? I mean I would want my kid to see me doing something I feel is right so they can follow suit. but you right and I’m wrong so leave it there

Last edited:
So you don’t know what it means when someone is out of touch? Shit that would have an effect on the average person don’t effect him because he would never have to worry about it. And doing little stuff here and there is basically doing the bare minimum just to prove something or try to act like u care but you really don’t so either you trying to be funny or u just bitch made as he is you clearly didn’t read his response on why he didn’t stand so I’m sum it up for you he said when Demi Lovato came out there to sing the National anthem he and bey went straight into artist mode they was wondering was her mics to low is there to many speakers on the ground can the fans at home hear her when she performs he also said they was talking about how beautiful she looks and all the stuff she’s been though in her life and how proud they was to see her up there performing when all he had to say is we didn’t feel like standing and to cap it all off he said they would never put Blu Ivy in that situation by doing something like that so what situation are u putting your kid in that you don’t want them to see you actually doing Something you believe in ? I mean I would want my kid to see me doing something I feel is right so they can follow suit. but you right and I’m wrong so leave it there
I don't leave stuff alone. You just be new here.

Doing something is still doing something. Problem is the less well off will never be satisfied because of entitlement issues linked to skin color. A rich black person owes you nothing. They are not obligated give back. So the little they do should be appreciated.

This is the classic house vs field negro argument.

Jay-Z Says Sitting for National Anthem Wasn't Protest, He Was Working

Jay-Z says he and Beyonce sitting through the "Star Spangled Banner" at the Super Bowl was absolutely NOT a protest of any sort ... it was simply 2 moguls hard at work.

Jay was at Columbia University Tuesday and addressed the video TMZ Sports first posted Sunday ... showing Jay, Bey and Blue Ivy seated as Demi Lovatobelted out the National Anthem. A Columbia professor asked him if he remained seated to "convey a signal," and Jay quickly replied, "It actually wasn't. Sorry."

He said Beyonce told him she was thinking what Demi must have been going through in the seconds before starting the Anthem, because, as Jay put it, Beyonce's "performed at the Super Bowl before, and I haven't."

He said they got to their seats and were laser-focused on Demi's performance, but from a business standpoint -- "We immediately jumped into artist mode."

Jay added, "I'm really just looking at the show. The mics start. Was it too low to start?" He went on to make the point he was concerned about the audio and all aspects of the show for a very good reason.

Jay said there was no need for a "silent protest" -- as some speculated they were doing -- because we were "making the biggest loudest protest of all" by selecting such a diverse group of artists to perform at the game.

He also joked about people thinking they had Blue Ivy in on the alleged protest -- saying, there's no way their 8-year-old could possibly play it cool ... especially on camera.

Sources close to the situation tell us Jay knew revealing the real reason he sat might spark new criticism from Colin Kaepernick supporters -- some of whom took Sunday's video as a sign Jay was backtracking on his "We've moved past kneeling" remark.

We're told he still opted to address it during the Columbia Q&A session because he didn't want anyone to misconstrue his actions.

I’m not gonna go as far as to call Jay a coon or sellout or whatever.

But he looks bad in this, it’s no way around it at this point. It smelled funny from the beginning.

As a business move for him and Rocnation it‘s great. But the social justice and inspire change angle is bullshit.

And he looks worse every time he speaks about it.

He’s still my favorite rapper and all but yeah this wasn’t the move Hov.

Back