Welcome To aBlackWeb

Jay-Z Partnering With The NFL For Social Justice

What side are you on?

• Total voters
How you get that from his statement?
he said,

"I dont see how you can be pro black but, also agree people having to cut their dreads to be seen as more "presentable".

tell me what you thought this meant

he said,

"I dont see how you can be pro black but, also agree people having to cut their dreads to be seen as more "presentable".

tell me what you thought this meant

How can you be pro black... but also agree that with the thought that black folks shouldn't wear their hair in traditionally black styles just to fit in with white culture is how I took it....

How did YOU read that sentence?

How can you be pro black... but also agree that with the thought that black folks shouldn't wear their hair in traditionally black styles just to fit in with white culture is how I took it....

How did YOU read that sentence?
this is the slippery slope that was discussed earlier...is it a fad? is it part of the culture (rasta, etc...) is it profiling?

I'm not trying to say that young men shouldn't be able to wear their hair like they want, but until we as a collective are in a position to control the narratives, we need to get in the doors first, then we can do what we want

but, i'ma leave this one alone before I out-Dos Dos

so being pro black means you have to have dreads?

i wanna be clear of the point you are trying to make
No, being pro black doesn't mean you have to have dreads. But you cant be raising your black power fist, then agreeing with white people that dreads are unprofessional, dirty or makes you look like a gang member.

How can someone preach black empowerment, then imply we can only wear our hair in ways that makes whites feel comfortable.

No, being pro black doesn't mean you have to have dreads. But you cant be raising your black power fist, then agreeing with white people that dreads are unprofessional, dirty or makes you look like a gang member.

How can someone preach black empowerment, then imply we can only wear our hair in ways that makes whites feel comfortable.
ok thank you for the clarification

dont Dos me fam

Exactly...

ok thank you for the clarification

dont Dos me fam

Not sure how the hell you missed it the first time around but I'm glad you eventually caught up lol

Jay talking about cutting hair but he running around here with dreads his damn self. As if dreads is the reason for mistreatment. Dude is a full blown coon at this point and only the Jigga warriors, fellow coons and white people are staunchly defending him. Every other normal person sees the shit for what it is.

They could have at least gotten a Chicago artist on the flyer....u know to show the kids they are tArgeting....nvm they

A man that's a billionaire along with his wife vs ppl working 9 to 5 are in the same boat/same playing field to a make change for black ppl,?

A man with more means/capital/credit/liquid cash/property/relationships/ and access to the big wigs, being compared to niggas with 9 to 5 40 hour work weeks?

A man who made a deal with the NFL to supposedly help black folks by now we see that it was a farce, both entities, which are billion dollar corporations vs a nigga working a 9 to 5, 40 hour work weeks are supposed to out do both billionaire corporations to help put money into the black ppl hands?

You can't be serious still trying defend Jay-Z and the NFL. But to keep defending Jay, one would rather trout those who are calling out Jay and the NFL for what they are doing smh.

Last edited:
LLS You on some @DOS_patos shit with this question.
aye...niggas by saying shit that dont make sense...then when you call them on it......they move the goal post.

not a nigga on here can tell me what being black means yet everyone cant talk about what being black isnt.
that makes no sense.
and half the time they dont even understand the question who what does it mean to be black?

uh....dont worry bout nobody bruh, just be yourself.
why you worried about other people.

these are the answers i got.

but got a thousand answers to what being black isnt.

like @Duwop said...keeping nigga honest,

but them type dudes want to then change the narrative.

makes conversations corny cuz niggas want to play both sides depending on who they like.

this is the slippery slope that was discussed earlier...is it a fad? is it part of the culture (rasta, etc...) is it profiling?

I'm not trying to say that young men shouldn't be able to wear their hair like they want, but until we as a collective are in a position to control the narratives, we need to get in the doors first, then we can do what we want

This will never happen. That's hope talk.

We as black ppl need to get outta the hope/hoping or just wait and see mindset and start making and having sense about the world we live in

Btw I’m not sure of the number but like 80 to 90% of charitable donations go to salaries and administration costs and cost of doing business...shit barely gets to the ppl it needs to go to....Haitian niggas still waiting for them damn houses.....
same with foundations
but imma shut up

do it

do it

giphy.gif

Back