Welcome To aBlackWeb

Jay-Z Partnering With The NFL For Social Justice

What side are you on?

• Total voters
We will continue to be biggest suckers out there and it’s by design....btw tonight is the first concert.....

Speak whatever your piece is
i'm not sure what to think

i mean, police should not be profiling young black men. It should not matter how you wear your hair, BUT, this is a slippery slope

A lot of people grow dreads for a lot of reasons, but most people grow them as a fad.

idk man, my thoughts are all over the place right now. I'm not sure how to articulate them

i mean, police should not be profiling young black men. It should not matter how you wear your hair, BUT, this is a slippery slope

A lot of people grow dreads for a lot of reasons, but most people grow them as a fad.

idk man, my thoughts are all over the place right now. I'm not sure how to articulate them
That just means you're starting to see the large picture. Better late than never though.

What's really slippery about how people shouldn't be profiled for their hairstyle choice?

What's really slippery about how people shouldn't be profiled?
like i said, my thoughts are everywhere and I wasnt trying to say that police profiling is a slippery slope. It's just how the words came out typed

what i was saying was you gonna have people say that dudes shouldnt be out here cutting their hair so that they dont get profiled, then there is the side that's gonna say, they can get their hair cut and still be a target. Then there is gonna have some people that believe it has some merit

in a vacuum, this is a conversation that should totally be separated from what Jay and the NFL are doing, but b/c of who is involved, this is gonna look like another attempt at him giving white people a pass into the black community

speaking as someone who grew dreads and cut them off twice. I didnt cut them b/c i didnt wanna get profiled by police. I cut them b/c here, at the time, there werent a lot of people that knew what they were doing and they were charging a lot of money (at that time) to do them, and it was getting costly. Also, add to the fact that I was trying to get jobs and i know my hair was the reason I wasnt getting hired. That's another issue in itself, but here we are.

See the part about the hair I do agree one one hand its a fad, the other its also envogue in the gang culture those things are interwoven but there is racism at play because this plays itself out across the nation where they are showering kids hair, barring them or filling in their designs because it doesn't meet some excluaionairy standard

How about give them something that bears fruit.. Knowledge, confidence wisdom

Last edited:
See the part about the hair I do agree one one hand its a fad, the other its also enviguebin the gang culture those things are interwoven but there is racism at play because this plays itself out across the nation where they are showering kids hair, barring them or filling in their designs because it doesn't meet some excluaionairy standard

How about give them something that bears fruit.. Knowledge, confidence wisdom
agreed on all points

i guess furthermore, is the outrage b/c the woman in the picture cutting the hair is white? Or are people mad that they feel Jay's money to these organizations are just another way for white people to fuck with young black boys

agreed on all points

i guess furthermore, is the outrage b/c the woman in the picture cutting the hair is white? Or are people mad that they feel Jay's money to these organizations are just another way for white people to fuck with young black boys
From the beginning my concerns have been the same it's misdirection

Intiatives to help the community have been in existence for years within the nba/NFL have done wonders with their profiles..

The misdirection occurs when you frame it as some catch all social justice tag and get back to some myth iCal ground that we never stood on via some cop ass community relations.... Ahem public relations...Miscommunication is not the cost for brutality

Like I said u forge a SUPERPAC now we AR talking... JAYZ doesn't need the NFL to do whatever he wants in the social justice arena the NFL is playing "chess" jayz is a board member..... Pawn

Like I said u forge a SUPERPAC now we AR talking... JAYZ doesn't need the NFL to do whatever he wants in the social justice arena the NFL is playing "chess" jayz is a board member..... Pawn

fact2.jpeg

As I stated, we as black ppl see that "oh he's giving proceeds to charity" not understanding that these charities organizations are some of the most hateful groups put together and have no intentions to help black folks, they only help themselves and their ppl and collect benefits from the gov't such as grant money to keep their pockets fat. They're not putting money into the hands of black folks. Every time I see/hear that x is giving proceeds to their charity or a charity, I automatically think, the funds won't help black ppl, PUT MONEY INTO THEIR HANDS, and those proceeds are used as a tax-write off for their movement/cause

As far as the braids/locs thing, it's no correlation with cops, I can remember when the FAB 5 all came out and had bald-heads, they were talked about and called thugs for having shaved heads and wearing baggy shorts and black socks. The white media called them teens all kinds of names. Also when black teens would rock a bald-head, they would be targeted quickly, labeled as a thug. Niggas had no hair and were being targeted just like folks who are rocking locs.

Every black man can go back to the wearing jeri curls/kinks and we'll still be targeted. It's not the hair, It's the skin that's the reason we are targeted.

If folks are really rooting for this deal to work, just vet the organizations that are receiving these funds and track if the funds are going into the pockets/hands of black ppl.

You'll see if Jay-z is really about change or is it just a farce

Last edited:
From the beginning my concerns have been the same it's misdirection

Intiatives to help the community have been in existence for years within the nba/NFL have done wonders with their profiles..

The misdirection occurs when you frame it as some catch all social justice tag and get back to some myth iCal ground that we never stood on via some cop ass community relations.... Ahem public relations...Miscommunication is not the cost for brutality

Pawn can become Queen, but damn this is some confusing shit

Btw I’m not sure of the number but like 80 to 90% of charitable donations go to salaries and administration costs and cost of doing business...shit barely gets to the ppl it needs to go to....Haitian niggas still waiting for them damn houses.....

Red Cross Exec Doesn't Know What Portion Of Donations Go To Harvey Relief

I dont see how you can be pro black but, also agree to people having to cut their dreads to be seen as more "presentable". Make me think of the HBCU a few years back that was telling their graduates that braids and dreadlocks weren't professional. The problem is their prejudice not my hair style.

Last edited:
I dont see how you can be pro black but, also agree people having to cut their dreads to be seen as more "presentable". Make me think of the HBCU a few years back that was telling their graduates that braids and dreadlocks were'nt professional. The problem is their prejudice not my hair style.
so being pro black means you have to have dreads?

i wanna be clear of the point you are trying to make

I dont see how you can be pro black but, also agree people having to cut their dreads to be seen as more "presentable". Make me think of the HBCU a few years back that was telling their graduates that braids and dreadlocks were'nt professional. The problem is their prejudice not my hair style.
The nigga Jay is growing dreads at 50

Back