Welcome To aBlackWeb

Jay Z ghostwriting for Scarface?

You won't find a rapper who at least hasn't had a hook written for them before. You know how many times rappers get songs with the hooks already made they just fill in the verses? Shit happens all the fucking time.

Just the same you won't find a rapper whose done multiple albums who've never had someone toss them a line or two during a studio session. A rapper af the end of the day is still a writer and all writers get help at some point whether it be with structure or the actual words being written/said

I think we're confusing collaboration on song structure and ghost writing. Lyricism is what gave rappers their value. Their lyrics.

Anytime I've heard a rumor about a rapper having a ghost writer it is in a a sense an "exposure" because it was a rapper respected for his lyricism. If the rapper is trash or has admitted to having writers no one cares.

As a "purist" I don't respect a rapper that is capping about writing all of his rhymes.

What is a rapper that doesn't write his own rhymes? Nothing. He's just reading something someone else wrote. Give him a dope beat, with a catchy hook and you have a good song by a rap singer.

I'm not sure when a rapper writing his own rhymes didn't have any meaning but if you feel that way now then you probably never cared about it in the beginning.

It's funny that people argue about who is better then who but at the same time don't care if they wrote their own lyrics.

I know who's who Busta
I know the posters that come off objective.
You're not one of them.
You been doing this for years tryna downplay nas to big up jay z.

Jay Elec doesn't write it
HOV couldn't write it, he vacationin'
Jungle the only brother I take shit from
Hassan give me lines, we talk all the time
So I guess if he inspired my song it ain't mine
Let me make this clear, they fear the gifted
Some say Shakespeare never existed
Wow, now, look at the amount of resistance
Attempts to chisel my face, from the mountain you guessed it
Bitch you guessed it
There, did I answer your questions?
So, now that's out the way let's get back to my message