Welcome To aBlackWeb

JAY-Z CLEARED $12 MILLION DEF JAM DEBT FOR RUFF RYDERS

Stop it fam...shit was a rocafella tour, that featured def jam artists. I went to that shit. Red n meth opened. The show I went to, Dmx came out by himself. Literally by himself, just him and his DJ. Jay-Z brought out the whole rocafella and ja rule.
I wasnt cappin dmx was hot camelface wasnt. Dmx been did him charity not to mention all the features he had him on everybody knows they went to see dmx not camelface.

Been trying tell y'all bout Jay.

But y'all was in some he with the NFL shit.
Told y'all he makes power moves but y'all say he against kneeling

Smdh

Told y'all and I will say it again

I'm 2stepz_ ahead

I wasnt cappin dmx was hot camelface wasnt. Dmx been did him charity not to mention all the features he had him on everybody knows they went to see dmx not camelface.

So think about what you saying. Yes, DMX was the hottest artist on the planet. But Jay also had a platinum album out AND had gained more fans due to the fact that he had been around longer. Jay had "Hard knock life" out, that shit crossed over like a mothafucka. Dude had bitches still going to his shows off "ain't no nigga". Bitches was going wild when he played that shit...I was there fam. He ain't even rap the foxy brown verse, he put the mic to the crowd and they rapped that shit...any chick who knows the word to that record aint go to that show JUST for DMX hahahaha

So think about what you saying. Yes, DMX was the hottest artist on the planet. But Jay also had a platinum album out AND had gained more fans due to the fact that he had been around longer. Jay had "Hard knock life" out, that shit crossed over like a mothafucka. Dude had bitches still going to his shows off "ain't no nigga". Bitches was going wild when he played that shit...I was there fam. He ain't even rap the foxy brown verse, he put the mic to the crowd and they rapped that shit...any chick who knows the word to that record aint go to that show JUST for DMX hahahaha
Dmx was popping camelface was wave ryding as he usually does.

Bottom line is. Jay looked out for DMX. He coulda held him up and had every legal, as well as business reason to do so. DMX himself might not truly have understood what Jay did at the time. But Waa and Dee being the business heads TRULY comprehend the level of "looking out" that took place. 12 mil is 12 mil my nigga

Reactions: GNS
Say what ya'll want about Jay-Z, but from that era who is in a greater position in life? I don't even have to list off Jay's accomplishments. Who's living better right now?

And before ya'll talk slick, I was up on Jay ever since 'Hawaiian Sophie' and the super-speed raps he was known for at the time. Then 'In My Lifetime' dropped and really propelled him into the spotlight. 1994. Some of you weren't even born.

Who is his boss?
iu

Bottom Line, Jay knows how to sit in a board room and talk to 60 year-old White men with MBAs.

In finance there's a thing called Underwriting and creating a Syndicate.

Basically you pitch your idea to venture capitalists. You have a business plan with a balance sheet and you make a powerpoint presentation. After you explain what your idea is, you explain what you'll be using the money for and how the investors will make their money back. Also whether or not you're asking for debt financing or equity financing.

So at that meeting, you're trying to form a Syndicate to Underwrite your venture; That's what Jay Z knows how to do. He knows how to create a Syndicate to Underwrite his ideas.

The Hardknock Life tour could have been called the Ruff Ryders tour or the Flesh Of My Flesh tour, but apparently those guys from Ruff Ryders don't know how to form a Syndicate to Underwrite a tour.

The Ruff Ryders has a star-studded lineup, but DMX was the heartbeat of the collective. There was a point in time when JAY-Z and X were beefing, and it hit a peak when Hov became President of Def Jam in 2004.

“What had happened was Jay-Z called X and told him ‘The inmates have took over the prison.’ And when your man Jay-Z got in position X felt like he didn’t honor him and hold weight like he was supposed to,” Ruff Ryders’ founder, Darrin “Dee” Dean said.

The Yonkers rapper eventually left the label and released his sixth studio album, Year of the Dog…Again, on Columbia Records in 2006. But things weren’t all bad between the New York emcees.

“X was in debt over there. He probably owed about $12 million,” Dean revealed. He met with Jigga when DMX left Def Jam for Sony and Hov “released him and wiped off the debt clean.”

JAY-Z has been known to silently help with people’s financial binds. Lil Wayne revealed the Brooklyn legend helped him pay off his $7.72 million tax bill. “There’s people like JAY-Z. He helped me when I was really, really, really down. Really, really, really down,” Weezy said during a Chicago show. “Jay don’t want me to tell nobody. That man helped me with my taxes. He’s a real friend, y’all.”

How many of us have real friends?

What about the Cold Crush though?

Back