Welcome To aBlackWeb

JAY-Z CLEARED $12 MILLION DEF JAM DEBT FOR RUFF RYDERS

But I was told Jigga is a snake and doesnt really help people out?

NimbleFormalArmyworm-size_restricted.gif

Shit just don't sound right. How u gonna invest millions in me, makes billions in return and turn around and say I still owe u millions. Sounds like Rape-U-Records

Shit just don't sound right. How u gonna invest millions in me, makes billions in return and turn around and say I still owe u millions. Sounds like Rape-U-Records

It's not how much you make, it's what you do with what you make.

Yeah, maybe the label made $100M, but if you got paid $10M and spent it on foolishness (Rolex watches, Bentleys, expensive Champagne, caviar, lobster tails, etc.) and then you look up and its 3 years later and your records aren't selling like they were when your first album dropped, whose fault is it that you're broke?

Who's fault is it that you earned $10M, spent it all, and didn't pay taxes?

And now your records aren't selling?

Was it DMX personally or was it Ruff Ryders the label? I'm thinking that 12 couldv'e been advances for future albums etc..I remember X having his own label cant remember if it was through Def Jam though

Jay Z is very generous he gave $20 million dollars to kanye west to help him out in his debt

Jay Z helped Lil Wayne pay back his back taxes of $7.72 million dollars

And now we are hearing Jay Z helped DMX and Ruff Ryders with a $12 million debt.

Imagine the things Jay Z has done behind the scenes to help others out we don't know about.

Last edited:
If they hadn't fall out. I think Beans would be set for life like Bleek.
I would assume if State Property was still around that Meek Mill may very well could have been signed to them being it was a Philly based imprint

IMO State Prop had the potential to duplicate the success of Ruff Ryders had Beans had his mind right

I would assume if State Property was still around that Meek Mill may very well could have been signed to them being it was a Philly based imprint

IMO State Prop had the potential to duplicate the success of Ruff Ryders had Beans had his mind right

I don't think Beans was the problem.

Because Dipset fell apart when the Roc broke up too.

I think Jay, Dame, and Biggs carried both crews (State Property and Dipset) on their back.

Seems like Kanye was the only one to maintain his career after the Roc fell apart.

I think Jay, Dame, and Biggs carried both crews (State Property and Dipset) on their back.

Seems like Kanye was the only one to maintain his career after the Roc fell apart.
I could see that being the case

Beans wasnt really the CEO type anyway

Bro was a soldier and more suited to take orders rather than give them

Surely they made millions back on those videos and studio sessions? Just shows how ruthless and shady these companies are.

He coulda owed them more albums, borrowed money from the label, or taken advances on certain albums he did not complete. X also had hella legal issues, def jam coulda been assisting w that. Who knows. DMX, like most addicts was an unreliable person w money problems. This does not surprise me. Also what you said. Add in the industry shady shit and is not hard to believe he owed 12 million

Thats the least he could for all that charity DMX and ruff ryders did for rocafella records the "hard knock life tour" was clearly the Ruff Ryders tour.

Stop it fam...shit was a rocafella tour, that featured def jam artists. I went to that shit. Red n meth opened. The show I went to, Dmx came out by himself. Literally by himself, just him and his DJ. Jay-Z brought out the whole rocafella and ja rule.

That's bc kanye was selling too many records for def jam to let that split fuck up they money. Plus, kanye a producer and great marketing mind. He had tools the other artists did not and had to rely in others to do for them.

Idk bout that. LABELS as a whole dont usually have long lasting success if the CEO is a artist first. Rocafella worked bc Jay was allowed to be an artist while dame, biggs and hip hop ran the everyday shit for the most part, especially early on.
Ruff Ryders had Dee and waa running shit, while the artist made music
Bad boy worked bc Puff was a label head who became an artist. Big difference from a artist becoming a label head.
Cash money had Baby and That scary tall nigga.

It's not how much you make, it's what you do with what you make.

Yeah, maybe the label made $100M, but if you got paid $10M and spent it on foolishness (Rolex watches, Bentleys, expensive Champagne, caviar, lobster tails, etc.) and then you look up and its 3 years later and your records aren't selling like they were when your first album dropped, whose fault is it that you're broke?

Who's fault is it that you earned $10M, spent it all, and didn't pay taxes?

And now your records aren't selling?
Jay Z is very generous he gave $20 million dollars to kanye west to help him out in his debt

Jay Z helped Lil Wayne pay back his back taxes of $7.72 million dollars

And now we are hearing Jay Z helped DMX and Ruff Ryders with a $12 million debt.

Imagine the things Jay Z has done behind the scenes to help others out we don't know about.

He told you he took the rap game and treat it like the crack game. He spread his money around so much behind the scenes that nobody can come at him publicly. Or privately for that matter. I'm sure there's mad rappers that want to challenge that throne but they can't because they have to do a whole kill bill scenario just to get close. After he put Nas on the payroll it was a wrap.

Dude had Jim Jones at Roc Nation looking sad and defeated begging for a deal just a couple years ago.

Sorry but Jay won the rap game as we know it.

Beans was part of the problem. Most of state prop had problems. Either omillio sparks or oskeno (can't spell his name) had issues with beans. Peddi went to jail. Neef buck was absent a lot. Beans went to jail.

He told you he took the rap game and treat it like the crack game. He spread his money around so much behind the scenes that nobody can come at him publicly. Or privately for that matter. I'm sure there's mad rappers that want to challenge that throne but they can't because they have to do a whole kill bill scenario just to get close. After he put Nas on the payroll it was a wrap.

Dude had Jim Jones at Roc Nation looking sad and defeated begging for a deal just a couple years ago.

Sorry but Jay won the rap game as we know it.

You say, "Jay won the rap game as we know it"

I almost agree with you 100%.

But for some reason Jay was never the biggest selling rapper (Will Smith outsold him in 97, DMX and Lauryn outsold him in 98, and Ja Rule was outselling Jay in the early 00s, then 50 Cent outsold him in the mid 00s), nor does he have the most number one hits (Drake is way more successful in that metric).

Also, he doesn't have a diamond selling album. As great as he is at making hit records, he can't put together a masterpiece that would sell 10X platinum.

Yeah, he has a billion dollars but there's a few boxes that are unchecked.

Back