Welcome To aBlackWeb

OUT NOW Jay Rock - Redemption Album Thread

Gonna say this and I'm ready for all the smoke but........

Jay Rock reminds me of a less aggressive Meek Mill. Shit rides very similar to W&L, and that's a compliment to me. Just some simple shit anyone who grew up in or around the streets can relate to. I love him and K Dot chemistry and Cole went in. Whole albums rides tho. Jay Rock flow a throw back and refreshing. This gonna stand up there with Pusha as street album of the year so far. I didn't get a commercial feel at all.

GSW should have used Win during they finals run

Someone in TDE should have gotten that to them. Cleaned up the lyrics a lil bit to make it more radio friendly and it could have been his intro to mainstream America

Someone in TDE should have gotten that to them. Cleaned up the lyrics a lil bit to make it more radio friendly and it could have been his intro to mainstream America
I agree. But I dont think Rock is signed to a major so he wasnt gonna get the cash to make that happen

disappointed with the album version of King's Dead though, reminds me of when mixtapes used to have parts of full songs on them. Not sure why he didn't have the full version, or didn't add another verse to it.

Dope album. Just got done listening to it and seeing the whole TDE perform on stage. It's not as good as 90059 imo but still a good album. Still don't like kings dead, but I let it ride with the rest of the album

Reactions: 1/2

Stop bringing up old shit nigga...

Yo I listened to the Nas album only twice and came right back to this. This is album of the year for me right now. Shit rides like a muthafucka.

Back